Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI this is back in stock at Tesla Korea shop. :)

Has anyone from the US attempted to order from the Korea online store successfully? It will validate compatibility with my M3P based on my US Tesla account, populates my stored payment info, but I can't seem to get an address entered that doesn't note the location is in Korea.

I'd love to have one given Superchargers don't grow in trees here in Arkansas, but I don't need it enough to throw $250 out the window for a product that ends up at a random address in South Korea.

Reactions: kayak1
Has anyone from the US attempted to order from the Korea online store successfully? It will validate compatibility with my M3P based on my US Tesla account, populates my stored payment info, but I can't seem to get an address entered that doesn't note the location is in Korea.

I'd love to have one given Superchargers don't grow in trees here in Arkansas, but I don't need it enough to throw $250 out the window for a product that ends up at a random address in South Korea.
I think the only reliable way to get it right now would be to use a mail forwarding service. The routes I typically drive for longer trips have a good number of superchargers so I don’t really need it. But if you do need it, it might be worth the hassle since the net cost should still be under the 3rd party adapters

Reactions: Sporty
I wonder if they will be making a joint announcement about this adapter and the opening up of their supercharger network to another car manufacturer. I for one am waiting patiently for this as it would make some of my trips easier. Try to get to places off of interstates but along US numbered highways.

Where I live ChargePoint seems to have a more complete network of 50+ KW chargers across the state and off of routes that aren’t near highways. It isn’t perfect but it fills in some gaps.

I ordered one last night. I put in my address, city and state in the city box, and usa in the 2nd line. Im hoping when they look at the order they will say wtf, and ship it, if they do like they do here in the states all orders sill have a human validating. We will see lol

edit: it says order completed and the shipping address has removed republic of korea on the page, no notice that it shipped yet though. and no notice of cancelation.

Last edited:

I ordered mine last night no problem, but I am using a parcel forwarding service to help streamline things. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

I ordered one last night. I put in my address, city and state in the city box, and usa in the 2nd line. Im hoping when they look at the order they will say wtf, and ship it, if they do like they do here in the states all orders sill have a human validating. We will see lol

edit: it says order completed and the shipping address has removed republic of korea on the page, no notice that it shipped yet though. and no notice of cancelation.
As much as I could use one of these right now, not sure I am willing to risk trying to order from Tesla Korea. Let us know how it goes though!

I ordered one last night...

I ordered mine last night no problem...

You guys are brave. But I think you will get them.

Back in January 2021 I used the Tesla website to order a pre-refresh Model X inventory car from Honolulu (to California). Tesla made an effort to object, but I paid the (maximum) additional transportation fee and everything was "according to Hoyle" (legitimate) using the Tesla website, so Tesla eventually honored the deal and I got my (Island) car. I predict that you will get your adapters. I'd try it, too, but I have a Model X and do not have the immediate need.

Please report back on shipment (success) and charging (success).

I assume you both have Models 3 or Y (I see one Y)? I am most curious as to whether the South Korean (and hence a future North American) adapter will work with Models S and X. I see potential physical problems with the area around the Models S/X charge port, but would like (yeah or nay) confirmation.

You guys are brave. But I think you will get them.

Back in January 2021 I used the Tesla website to order a pre-refresh Model X inventory car from Honolulu (to California). Tesla made an effort to object, but I paid the (maximum) additional transportation fee and everything was "according to Hoyle" (legitimate) using the Tesla website, so Tesla eventually honored the deal and I got my (Island) car. I predict that you will get your adapters. I'd try it, too, but I have a Model X and do not have the immediate need.

Please report back on shipment (success) and charging (success).

I assume you both have Models 3 or Y (I see one Y)? I am most curious as to whether the South Korean (and hence a future North American) adapter will work with Models S and X. I see potential physical problems with the area around the Models S/X charge port, but would like (yeah or nay) confirmation.
Mine is being shipped to a legit street address in Seoul so I don’t see why Tesla would object to my order, unless they really looked into my account details. EDIT: Just checked the order and it shows as “shipped” - so far so good

Yes mine is going to be used on my Model Y. Good to have CCS charging as a backup when superchargers are crowded and also to open up new charging options on road trips.

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1
Mine is being shipped to a legit street address in Seoul so I don’t see why Tesla would object to my order, unless they really looked into my account details.

Yes mine is going to be used on my Model Y. Good to have CCS charging as a backup when superchargers are crowded and also to open up new charging options on road trips.
Can I ask what package forwarding service you used?

Can I ask what package forwarding service you used?

They were super easy to chat with on Facebook messenger and they have a lot of positive Google reviews which is encouraging. I figure it’s a calculated risk but I am cautiously optimistic at this point.

Mine is being shipped to a legit street address in Seoul so I don’t see why Tesla would object to my order, unless they really looked into my account details. EDIT: Just checked the order and it shows as “shipped” - so far so good

when did you order it, and their shipping fee to the us is more than im willing to pay

when did you order it, and their shipping fee to the us is more than im willing to pay
Ordered it yesterday evening. The way they explained it, their fee is a percentage (12%) of the total shipping cost to US, whichever method you choose. I’m going all in and am going to use DHL express. I don’t really see many other alternatives to get this adapter to US and it’s worth it to me to be one of the first with the adapter here.

Reactions: pilotSteve and KJD
Ordered it yesterday evening. The way they explained it, their fee is a percentage (12%) of the total shipping cost to US, whichever method you choose. I’m going all in and am going to use DHL express. I don’t really see many other alternatives to get this adapter to US and it’s worth it to me to be one of the first with the adapter here.
Well mine hasn’t shipped yet so your ahead of me lol. They are probably thinking. What the hell is this guy doing lol

They will only let you order one based on your account/VIN. I don't expect that we will see that many on EBay.
Well, I could order one, but since it's useless to me because I lack the controller chip, I could then profit on eBay. I don't plan to, and in fact I don't want to order it for myself until they offer the combination of adapter and controller board update, since based on Europe those should be a bundle, hopefully.

And of course there is the low outside chance Tesla will not sell them in the USA, and instead just try to get them put at all CCS stations, which is a much better plan since there are 100 times as many cars as CCS stations, I would wager.

And I checked, they will let me order it. They don't even warn me it won't work.

And it is ironic, because I was on a trip in Korea when I bought my model 3, but I bought it using my US address and credit card so that's not related to this.

• Helpful
Reactions: kayak1 and tps5352
Extra shipping fee sounds worth it to me. But I just checked photos again. I am pretty sure that the South Korea CCS1 adapter, as pictured, will not fit the Models S&X port. It would hit the open port door-cover, for example. So if true, no good to me.

Perhaps that is why NA release has been delayed—Tesla wants to avoid complaints and release versions (and plenty of them) for all four models concurrently, but design of Models S & X version is taking time? (Pure speculation.)