Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After some back and forth deciding if I really need it or not, I pulled the trigger on ordering one and having it shipped to Delivered Korea.

Here's my timeline so far:
- April 23: Ordered from Tesla. The only hiccup was that it would not use any of saved cards. Took me a bit to realize that I had to enter the card on the Korean checkout page as a new card rather than letting it try to use my saved ones.
- April 28: Got an email from Delivered Korea that it showed up. I filled out the form explaining what it is. I don't see any way to get it shipped out to me yet, I am assuming they have some further processing on their end before I get to that step. Back to waiting for another email.

• Helpful
Reactions: Guacahummus
After some back and forth deciding if I really need it or not, I pulled the trigger on ordering one and having it shipped to Delivered Korea.

- April 23: Ordered from Tesla. The only hiccup was that it would not use any of saved cards. Took me a bit to realize that I had to enter the card on the Korean checkout page as a new card rather than letting it try to use my saved ones.
- April 28: Got an email from Delivered Korea that it showed up. I filled out the form explaining what it is. I don't see any way to get it shipped out to me yet, I am assuming they have some further processing on their end before I get to that step. Back to waiting for another email.
Thank you for this. Just gives perspective on the timeframe too. I ordered mine from Tesla to Delivered yesterday, so it seems I should expect something from Delivered in 5 or so days. Did your order status in your Tesla account ever change to shipped or give shipping details?

Does anyone think that Tesla will release an undocumented update that will disable CCS support on all cars in North America when they see how many of us are buying the adapter from Korea?
Personal opinion, I don't think they would do this. (a) this would only increase the number of stranded vehicles and in turn increase the call volume to roadside assistance; (b) those CCS adapters are already sold and are of no use to Tesla now. If Tesla is upset with supply chain challenges, they would redouble their efforts to filter out freight forwarders.

BTW, for those that are going through a proxy, the order history in the Tesla account will only show if you have the Korea selected, i.e. when I switched over back to the US shop and opened my order history, it didn't show there. Had to switch back to the Korea language and re-login.

Reactions: theothertom

I just went through this. You filled out the form once they got it and the package should now be "received" by them. The next step to get it shipped is still for you to do. In the green bar at the top you click on "My Packages" and add it to cart, check out, pay for shipping etc. On the dashboard, once it shows in the "shipping paid" section you should be done and just wait for them to ship it.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Thank you for this. Just gives perspective on the timeframe too. I ordered mine from Tesla to Delivered yesterday, so it seems I should expect something from Delivered in 5 or so days. Did your order status in your Tesla account ever change to shipped or give shipping details?
Similar for me. Ordered 4/24, this morning (4/28) I got the email they got the package and I paid for shipping. Just waiting for it to ship to me now. Tesla site never changed. Just shows "order complete, unable to check delivery status"

• Helpful
Reactions: Guacahummus
Similar for me. Ordered 4/24, this morning (4/28) I got the email they got the package and I paid for shipping. Just waiting for it to ship to me now. Tesla site never changed. Just shows "order complete, unable to check delivery status"
I know this is probably a repeat question, but how much did shipping + fees cost you? not including the adapter itself from Tesla

I know this is probably a repeat question, but how much did shipping + fees cost you? not including the adapter itself from Tesla
$43. Shipping calculator gets pretty close. I think fees are included in that shipping cost. I didn't specifically see fees called out anywhere else. I used FedEx. There was a $30 option but that had a 4-15 day delivery compared to 3-4 days for FedEx.
Delivered Shipping Calculator
Weight to plug in is 1.3kg and dimensions are 16x19x16cm. Weight and dimensions were listed on Delivered for my specific package once they received it.

Harumio placed my order with Tesla on Tuesday Korea time (got email confirm) so I am hoping I will get a shipping confirmation from Harumio either Friday or Monday
It took about 2 days from when my order was placed (in the morning Korea time) to when it was received by Harumio. The status on the Tesla webpage never updated to include a tracking number just FYI.

Harumio placed my order with Tesla on Tuesday Korea time (got email confirm) so I am hoping I will get a shipping confirmation from Harumio either Friday or Monday
I'll probably complete my order on Saturday. My car's getting tinted tomorrow last thing I want to be doing is messing around with my Tesla account while someone else is working on my car. Just incase something dumb happens and locks my account out.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
I ordered the adapter from Tesla KR on 4/19, shipped it to Delivered and it just arrived today, so a total of 9 days. It would have been quicker if not for the fact that the adapter arrived at Delivered on Friday afternoon so they didn't ship it out until the following Monday. The proxy service cost $43 for FedEx priority international shipping, which is a screaming bargain IMHO. Adapter was $243, so the total was $286. It'll probably cost very close to that when (if!) Tesla releases it in NA.

I will test it with our 22 MYLR tonight and hopefully our 22 MSLR Saturday. I don't expect results to be different from what others have posted. (Both cars already indicate they are CCS-enabled.) I know it won't work with our 15 MS 85D but that's fine—that car has seen its last road trip and is now an around-town car only.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
My order from Harumio was just delivered via Fedex. All in all, it only took a week to order and receive the item. Excited to go try this out on some CCS chargers and then sell my CHAdeMO adapter for a handsome profit.

It took about 2 days from when my order was placed (in the morning Korea time) to when it was received by Harumio. The status on the Tesla webpage never updated to include a tracking number just FYI.

I am getting the sense that, in general, the Harumio procedure takes a little more time than the other process ("Order Korea"?). For Harumio, I thought that the (simplified) sequence was:
  1. Pay Harumio invoice (and Harumio immediately places order with Tesla-Korea).
  2. Receive order confirmation from Tesla-Korea. (~2 days)
  3. Harumio receives adapter from Tesla-Korea. (~5-7 days)
  4. Harumio transfers adapter to (DHL or FedEx) shipper. (~1 day)
  5. North American customer receives adapter. (~5-7 days.)
I outlined my ordering process here. But I am hearing that some people are getting their adapters from Harumio sooner than the expected 2 weeks (from payment to doorstep)?

Just hoping that my adapter doesn't end up with Tom Hanks.

Castaway

I am getting the sense that, in general, the Harumio procedure takes a little more time than the other process ("Order Korea"?). For Harumio, I thought that the (simplified) sequence was:
  1. Pay Harumio invoice (and Harumio immediately places order with Tesla-Korea).
  2. Receive order confirmation from Tesla-Korea. (~2 days)
  3. Harumio receives adapter from Tesla-Korea. (~5-7 days)
  4. Harumio transfers adapter to (DHL or FedEx) shipper. (~1 day)
  5. North American customer receives adapter. (~5-7 days.)
I outlined my ordering process here. But I am hearing that some people are getting their adapters from Harumio sooner than the expected 2 weeks (from payment to doorstep)?

Just hoping that my adapter doesn't end up with Tom Hanks.

Funny bc I was getting the vibe Harumio is much quicker than the other choices lol. I think you have to take into account the time difference as far as "days" go. I was emailing them at 1am east coast time so I could get the process moving quicker otherwise you are always on a one day lag which slows down the process.

The time it takes for the adapter to get from Tesla to whatever service you are using is constant as Korea is a relatively tiny country. The variables are how long it takes for the service to order from Tesla after you pay (next business day for me from Harumio) and how long it takes for it to get from the service provider to you, which varies based on handling time, location in USA/Canada, and shipping service used. The people on here that are getting them quick from Harumio are those on the west coast as Korea is much closer to CA than it is to SC where I am located.