Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's irrelevant as that is ICEing, which is a separate problem. But the obvious problem with station designs like above is if you have cars that have charge ports on the same side, only 2 cars can charge at a time, even with all 4 stalls empty. I think most people will count that as a failure in station design.

If as per the survey you pull up in a Bolt (the most popular CCS vehicle by far) effectively there are 2 chargers that don't work for your car at all due to charger placement and the length of the cables, even though they have 2 cables per charger.
That is incorrect.

All 4 vehicles can be charged, assuming that parking spots aren't blocked.

• Disagree
Reactions: mociaf9 and Rocky_H
I have a wall connector in my garage so I always keep the mobile connector in the trunk. I have personally accumulated the 5-15, 5-20, 6-20, 14-30, & 14-50 adapters as well as the J1772 and now CCS adapter :) Love having lots of options!
Adapter inventory for travel 2.jpg

So far this is all I ever needed. I also carry the Chademo adapter and a 30 ft 10 Ga extension cord with the Mobile EVSE.

I’d put it easily in the multiple hundreds now. Seeing how many posts are on here, the Reddit posts, tweets about it, recent articles about it, how many are on eBay, YouTube videos, etc. Lots of interest has been generated.
My guess is that it is somewhat higher again than that, though still just a small subset of Tesla owners.

I am, however, one of those who will not be ordering it from Korea. I'd have some interest in a CCS adapter, though only as a backup for use of home charging, the Tesla Supercharger network and occasional Level 2 destination charging which I expect will continue to meet my needs. But even as a backup, I will not be able to access it until my 2020 Model 3 gets the modification, when available, to make it CCS enabled. Overall, I am in no big hurry.

Last edited:
I placed my order through this link earlier today. I sent them a follow up email to see if they still need my Tesla credentials. I guess I'll find out when they open back up on SK time. It will be interesting to see how fast Tesla shuts this down.....
I ordered yesterday as well, please keep us updated as to the progress and I'll do the same! They have not reached out to me yet either.

Reactions: DrGriz
I'm having a surprisingly awful experience with Delivered so far.

First off: they ask for a tracking number before you can even submit a form saying "hey, you should expect a package". So, there's no way to notify Delivered in advance that something is coming. By design, they have to "act surprised" that they received something you didn't warn them about! Isn't that great design? I would have warned them if their site allowed me to submit the form without requiring tracking (which I won't have - and still never had!).

Today, a week or so after ordering, it arrived at Delivered. Great, now I can fill out the form. Fill out the form, how? Well, "describe the item". Uhh... a CCS adapter. Surely you know what that means, right? (hmm). But if you hit "Esc" by accident on the form (when canceling the file-browse dialog for the screenshot, hit it twice), it'll collapse and erase everything I'd entered, have to start over. So, I filled out the form twice, and submitted it once...

Next, ?? 😀 ?? There is no contingency, the site just kinda leaves you guessing what comes next. So, I go to My Packages. It's there. Cool. Uh, what now? I check the box, and it offers me one option: "Repackage". I suppose, that means to get it ready to ship to me, right?

As I later read, that seems to imply they will take it out of its packaging and discard the packaging... NO! God, no! I want the box. I didn't want to do that. Guess what? There's no way to cancel that request - you're stuck now.

To this moment, I still haven't found any way to check a box and say "please ship this to me". We're just stuck, now waiting on my support requests to say "don't process my repackage request, just ship the damn thing to me!".

Would definitely not recommend using Delivered right now. It's been a huge hassle. A well designed website should not need a meticulous step-by-step guide (which I can't even find - they only have a poorly-formatted FAQ that's hard to navigate to, as the only place you can reach from the main site is the "contact us" page, and from there you can access the FAQ). This site needs a step-by-step workflow, but it only offers confusion.

I ordered mine on May 4th, received Tesla confirmation on May 5th, and got shipping confirmation yesterday (May 10th) from Harumio.

Fed Ex tracking shows label created, then picked up, then left carrier facility, then arrived at carrier facility (all in last 24 hours).

Then immediately after being scanned at last facility it says "operational delay"....ugh

I hope its just a simple issue..I ordered 2 of them

On that Note, Harumio has been most excellent and responsive e to work with, I am impressed.

Reactions: kayak1
Yes, pretty much any campground that has hookups will have a NEMA 10-50, 14-50, and/or TT-30 outlet, and if you don't have adapters for those, you probably shouldn't be taking road trips in an EV. :p

But I don't want to stay at campgrounds. Fortunately, it's amazing how many houses have the various 240V plugs—the 10-30 or 14-30 at the dryer being by far the most common. We've stayed at lots of Airbnbs/VRBOs and I've had very good luck finding something more than just a 5-15 or 5-20. (In fairness, I always ask the host first if there is something and if I can pay extra to use it, but I rarely get told they don't have anything more than a standard 5-15 outlet, and I've never been told I can't use it, and only one host ever took me up on the extra $ for the electricity.)

It's actually the mom & pop motels that have proven the most diverse. I used a 6-50 at one just last summer (without that adapter I would have had a very unhappy family!) and an L6-30 at another one many years ago. Pretty sure I've also used a 6-20.

It is a bit off-topic, but have you really seen 10-50s at campgrounds? In my experience, they have always had 14-50s at the "50 amp" level. Adapters I've significantly used are 14-50, TT-30, 5-20, and 5-15. Though if need be, I'm prepared for 14-30, L14-30, 10-30, and 6-15.

Back on topic: I am planning a road trip where CCS/CHAdeMO would come in handy at one overnight stop. (Not critical as there is L2 very close by. And a Supercharger maybe 10-15 miles out of the way the next day.) I've been tempted to try to order the proper charge port ECU, Korean adapter, and "bag of wires". But as it turns out, we'll be travelling with folks who have a CHAdeMO adapter. So we'll just share theirs.

Reactions: Rocky_H and KJD
It is a bit off-topic, but have you really seen 10-50s at campgrounds? In my experience, they have always had 14-50s at the "50 amp" level. Adapters I've significantly used are 14-50, TT-30, 5-20, and 5-15. Though if need be, I'm prepared for 14-30, L14-30, 10-30, and 6-15.
I'm 98% sure I used it at one very old campground outside Death Valley. But every other campground I've been to has had 14-50 and/or TT-30.

Reactions: wws
I'm having a surprisingly awful experience with Delivered so far.

First off: they ask for a tracking number before you can even submit a form saying "hey, you should expect a package". So, there's no way to notify Delivered in advance that something is coming. By design, they have to "act surprised" that they received something you didn't warn them about! Isn't that great design? I would have warned them if their site allowed me to submit the form without requiring tracking (which I won't have - and still never had!).

Today, a week or so after ordering, it arrived at Delivered. Great, now I can fill out the form. Fill out the form, how? Well, "describe the item". Uhh... a CCS adapter. Surely you know what that means, right? (hmm). But if you hit "Esc" by accident on the form (when canceling the file-browse dialog for the screenshot, hit it twice), it'll collapse and erase everything I'd entered, have to start over. So, I filled out the form twice, and submitted it once...

Next, ?? 😀 ?? There is no contingency, the site just kinda leaves you guessing what comes next. So, I go to My Packages. It's there. Cool. Uh, what now? I check the box, and it offers me one option: "Repackage". I suppose, that means to get it ready to ship to me, right?

As I later read, that seems to imply they will take it out of its packaging and discard the packaging... NO! God, no! I want the box. I didn't want to do that. Guess what? There's no way to cancel that request - you're stuck now.

To this moment, I still haven't found any way to check a box and say "please ship this to me". We're just stuck, now waiting on my support requests to say "don't process my repackage request, just ship the damn thing to me!".

Would definitely not recommend using Delivered right now. It's been a huge hassle. A well designed website should not need a meticulous step-by-step guide (which I can't even find - they only have a poorly-formatted FAQ that's hard to navigate to, as the only place you can reach from the main site is the "contact us" page, and from there you can access the FAQ). This site needs a step-by-step workflow, but it only offers confusion.
Just to be clear, we all warned you to just use Harumio ;)

Someone, in one of these threads, showed the Delivered interface and the option you need to pick, but I can't find it with a quick search.

Someone, in one of these threads, showed the Delivered interface and the option you need to pick, but I can't find it with a quick search.
Right, I asked another guy who used it, and he said it should have just had the "ship it!" button right there. Mine did not. For some reason, the interface changed when I did as I was instructed, and "submitted their happy little incoming form" first-thing when I logged in - which seems to have completely broken the process (hooray, instruct people to do something, in a place that's hard to find, in an unusual way - and the people that actually follow the directions get penalized for reading!). After submitting the form, the only option on the Packages page was to "repackage" it. At the time, I assumed that meant to prepare it to become shippable (as there was no other thing on the site offering shipment). Instead, all I probably needed to do was ... wait... a whole additional day... for them to process The Form I Didn't Need to Fill Out that Their FAQ Says I Should Fill Out™. Yay.

What other people seem to have done:
1) order through Tesla, ship to Delivered
2) one week or so later, Delivered sends an email saying it arrived
3) log in to Delivered and smash the "give it to me" button
4) receive it :D

What I did:
1) signed up with Delivered, spent a good few minutes trying to find a guide on how to order/ship, ended up piecing-together information from the FAQ
1) frustratedly try submitting their "incoming stuff form", and being unable to do so, because it's asking for a tracking number I have no ability to have at the time of trying to fill out the form (before placing the order)
1) ordered through Tesla, ship to Delivered
2) every few days, check Tesla's site for any form of tracking number I could give to Delivered to fill-out their REQUIRED FORM OF DOOM.
2) one week or so later, Delivered sends an email saying it arrived
3) I log in to Delivered, and find that the form is ready to be completed, which includes a tracking number that--...
3) I log in to Tesla, which still doesn't show any tracking number...
3) --... that I never had. Great.
3) I submit the form and go to the Packages tab where the only option is to request "repackaging" (there is no shipping button anywhere on the page in this distorted timeline).
3) I submit a ticket saying "BRO PLEASE DONT THROW AWAY THE PACKAGING OH MY GOD AHHHH" basically
3) I wait for Korea to wake up 😪

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Pure speculation (by me):

Will the announced future addition of CCS1 cables to North American Superchargers somehow be coordinated with the eventual official release of the Tesla CCS1 adapter in north America, do you think? Two different issues (two different target audiences) of course, but related, perhaps? Opposite sides of the same coin—to increase charging opportunities for all North American electric cars? And hence improve attitudes about EVs in general?

Reactions: FalconFour
i ordered through delivered last Thursday. it was a korean holiday on friday. i used bixby vision on my smartphone to decode korean. even though i had a card saved in my account (mastercard), re-entring it did not work. my apple card (mastercard) also did not work. i ended up using my visa debit which went through like a hot knife through butter.

adapter arrived last night to delivered (this AM in korea). even though i made a "purchase order" to alert delivered about the package, i did not have the track number because tesla did not give one, so i got an email from delivered, once the adapter arrived, asking me to make a purchase order (or whatever its called). i just copied the data from the one i created to the one that was "inactive" (this was the actual adapter) and boom - i got an immediate email saying my order was ready to be shipped to me. i put "car parts" and "car accessory" to describe it. i google imaged a photo of the adapter and attached it. i spent 85 dollars for ups worldwide because im impatient (this is also why i cant maintain a 99 safety score for weeks for fsd beta because i cant drive slow in my 3P).

had to use my visa debit card because neither my mastercards (ollo and apple card) would work -- although i forgot i had a discover card maybe i should have used that as i could have gotten points... anywayyyyyyyyy that plastic joker is on it way to me where it will sit collecting dust because i dont need it since i dont travel BUT I HAD TO GET IT because i like gadgets and I have G.A.S. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( 😭🙄🤡🤦‍♂️

I have two primary reasons I'll keep mine: 1) I have an 85D which will never charge via CCS, but can charge via CHAdeMO, and 2) even in the newer cars, when I get to that podunk town that has just one combo charger, if I don't have the CHAdeMO adapter Murphy says that the CCS plug won't be working.

Unless you just really need the money, I don't see why you'd ever want to *reduce* your charging options. (See my previous post. ;))
I thought the SETEC adapter worked. That it translated CCS to CHaDemo.

I got rid of my CHAdeMO adapter as soon as this CCS thing worked. CCS pretty much never "doesn't work" for me - nearly 100% success, except for a few instances of my own abuse (testing a station under development), and one case where the handle latch was just wrongly-sprung so it triggered when it shouldn't (could fix it by shaving down a bit off the EVHub adapter's latch lip). In that instance, there were only 7 other open stations to choose from ;)

So, before the CHAdeMO adapter totally tanks because they're functionally worthless (44kW on a dead standard? lol), I sold mine and came out $300 ahead of where I bought it, a few years ago.

For me that would be a reason to *add* a SETEC adapter but still no reason to get rid of my CHAdeMO adapter. (Realistically, the 85D's road tripping days are pretty much over now that I've got the refresh MSLR.)

I would think that when Tesla eventually decides to market the CCS adapter in N America, they could offer an upgrade option to older Model S/X customers. They've already been doing it in Europe. So there is precedence.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker