Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK gang; since by now approximately 133,017 Tesla CCS1 adapters have been successfully shipped from South Korea to North America*, the new rules are this:

Please report when you receive your overseas shipment from Korea if the box happens to contain any of the following:
  • Mexican red-legged tarantula.
  • VHS video of Gwyneth Paltrow's head (from "Futurama," not the other thing).
  • Notarized pink-slip to a late 2022 (or 2023, or 2024,...) Tesla Roadster.
  • Full weekend paddock and race passes to the 2022 Silverstone F1 Grand Prix.
  • Key to decrepit Fullerton, California storage locker holding a 1957 Gibson "Moderne" prototype.
Otherwise,... we'll leave it to your discretion.
_____
* Apparently 477 of them to a single eBay seller in Utah.

red-legged tarantula the lovely Ms Paltrow rocket-powered transportation classy motor-racing the Holy Grail

Last edited:
OK gang; since by now approximately 133,017 Tesla CCS1 adapters have been successfully shipped from South Korea to North America*, the new rules are this:

Please report when you receive your overseas shipment from Korea if the box happens to contain any of the following:
  • Mexican red-legged tarantula.
  • VHS video of Gwyneth Paltrow's head (from "Futurama," not the other thing).
  • Notarized pink-slip to a late 2022 (or 2023, or 2024,...) Tesla Roadster.
  • Full weekend paddock and race passes to the 2022 Silverstone F1 Grand Prix.
  • Key to decrepit Fullerton, California storage locker holding a 1957 Gibson "Moderne" prototype.
Otherwise,... we'll leave it to your discretion.
_____
* Apparently 477 of them to a single eBay seller in Utah.

Actually mine contained a picture of Gwyneth playing a 52 Telecaster (a far and away better classic guitar) that had a painted tarantula on the headstock, on the hood of a roadster in the parking lot of the Silverstone Grand Prix.

(that's a lot of adapters in Utah...possibly more adapters than there are tesla's in UT...)

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H and tps5352
I ordered mine on the 10th and hadn't heard anything so I contacted them last night. They wrote right back and said please be patient as they have seen Tesla SK take up to two weeks to fulfill the order on their end.
From what we are seeing and hearing from Harumio, it looks as though the process is the same in that they are ordering them from Tesla SK one by one. The change is that since last week Tesla SK is no longer requiring credentials. Harumio doesn't have a crateful in their warehouse. They aren't getting them from a box that fell off the truck.

It would be interesting to know why Tesla relaxed their requirements.

Reactions: Jcl007
From what we are seeing and hearing from Harumio, it looks as though the process is the same in that they are ordering them from Tesla SK one by one. The change is that since last week Tesla SK is no longer requiring credentials. Harumio doesn't have a crateful in their warehouse. They aren't getting them from a box that fell off the truck.

It would be interesting to know why Tesla relaxed their requirements.
Tesla absolutely requires credentials to order it, and they make sure you have a vin in your account. Harumio is using a series of donor accounts.

Harumio didn't need my VIN or password.

For those a bit hesitant, the adapter from Korea does come in a sealed Tesla box that was made for the English speaking market. There's no doubt it's a Tesla item.

My order took nine days. It seems likely the current batch will run out at some point. Easier than trying to grab it from the Tesla USA store when it becomes available.

Tesla absolutely requires credentials to order it, and they make sure you have a vin in your account. Harumio is using a series of donor accounts.
Yep, said the same thing up thread. They even posted in the forums here to ask for willing volunteers to use their accounts. But people keep suggesting Tesla changed their purchase procedures when there is no evidence they have done so.

...It seems likely the current batch will run out at some point. Easier than trying to grab it from the Tesla USA store when it becomes available.

Yes. This whole experience--from around April 2022 to today--is mysterious (to me). How active a role are Tesla corporate decision-makers taking in this ever-widening, "accidental," backdoor release of an anticipated, long-promised, but ever-delayed product? (From "zero" involvement up to full-time, active, conscious, management of the entire process. Probably something in-between, I imagine. Within Tesla, have "heads rolled" or have careers been elevated over this event?)

While the numbers of adapters released probably don't approach my facetious estimates above, nevertheless a steadily-growing number of these much-desired items are making their way to a select minority (the best of, as I prefer to think of it) North American drivers--enough yet to be making minor impacts on sales statistics of various companies (Tesla, Amazon, Electrify America, etc.)?

Meanwhile, how is it that a more-than-likely previously slow and steady (Taiwanese) production of the adapter for South Korean drivers has been able to keep pace with the sudden new level of demand by North American owners? Had adequate numbers of adapters already and perhaps coincidentally been stockpiled for an anticipated North American release that has now been placed on hold? Will Tesla ever step in and halt the process? (Much to my surprise, it hasn't so far.) Or will, as seems more likely, Tesla simply release the adapter officially on the North American websites (see bogus Tesla Shop website mock-up, below), halting the "Dutch Tullip" market for adapters (on at-Bay)? "Enquiring<sic> minds want to know."

CCS1 Sale..jpg

Last edited: