Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the CCS adapter from Harumio on the 11th and got the order confirmation email immediately. Since then I've not had any followup messages about shipment or tracking numbers. In fact when I look at the order it still says that I will receive an email when they ship it.. I ordered with PayPal - maybe that is slowing them down for some reason?

I ordered the CCS adapter from Harumio on the 11th and got the order confirmation email immediately. Since then I've not had any followup messages about shipment or tracking numbers. In fact when I look at the order it still says that I will receive an email when they ship it.. I ordered with PayPal - maybe that is slowing them down for some reason?
They order it from Tesla and ship it once they receive it. That’s what they told me they were waiting on. I ordered on the 11th and it just shipped today.

Got mine today after 9 days. Received via USPS since there is no DHL in my area. Took it to my local 50 kw charger and it immediately hit 44kw and topped out at 45kw. It was a really tight fit to put it in the Tesla. Had my wife take it out and she struggled, but it eventually broke free and tumbled across the parking lot :( It will be a while till I get to a faster charger to test it out.

Got mine today after 9 days. Received via USPS since there is no DHL in my area. Took it to my local 50 kw charger and it immediately hit 44kw and topped out at 45kw. It was a really tight fit to put it in the Tesla. Had my wife take it out and she struggled, but it eventually broke free and tumbled across the parking lot :( It will be a while till I get to a faster charger to test it out.
Interesting. I had a PO Box and they wouldn't take that even though I also had a street address on the shipping in addition

I guess that means my membership in TMC is worth almost $1000 this year. So if I spend $500 on more 'me' toys and keep the other $500 in savings I've done well. You guys will back me up when I explain this rationale to my wife. Right?
Sure, but if we do we'll also have to back her up when she explains to you how much money she saved by spending a couple grand at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorfs when they have sales. Fair is fair.

• Funny
Reactions: kayak1
It's just like our Tesla wall charger when it was new it was really really snug, after ~25 uses it was much better. I expect that this will be the same.

Reactions: theothertom

Attach and remove the adapter to the cable first. No tumbling.

Reactions: jsight
Since that small projector case is out of stock and I really didn’t care for the Apple TV one. I set out to find a better case for this adapter. I was looking for a case that would fit both the j1772 and ccs adapter. Technically you may not need both since the ccs adapter does it. I havnt tested that yet, but either way l’ll keep both.

LTGEM EVA Hard Case for Sony MDR7506 & MDRV6 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F1PL92D/

D7695353-07B3-4C65-8300-104C6257AAF2.jpeg

BC5ABD7D-8487-43C5-B5C6-05B12034D404.jpeg

Review: I don’t care for this one it’s not big enough to fit this and the j1772

BOVKE Replacement for Bose... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DC0HC5U

D20271ED-EFFB-4D4D-9BA4-69D16D024A92.jpeg

1CC392E5-7038-4DC3-B6DC-1E52E944455B.jpeg

Review: This is the one I’m currently using. It’s a tight fit and it has to stretch a bit but over all I like it’s size

XANAD EVA Hard Case for Polaroid... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NVYDXQD
1053CCDB-528F-4014-8A4A-B2EE5077DF08.jpeg

ACCAA236-DFF2-4FA4-B2D1-4D72CDB0831B.jpeg

Review: This case is ideal, but it’s bigger than I wanted.

I didn't know that. Are you saying I can plug a J1772 station cable in to the CCS1 and then to the Tesla? Iknow CCS1 is a COMBO but did not realize you could do that.
You can im theory that’s what the top half of the ccs plug is. In j1772 it uses the on board charger. In ccs when the high voltage lines are connected the j1773 is only used for signaling. The ccs adapter with out the dc connection connected should act just like the j1772 adapter

• Disagree
Reactions: kayak1
You can im theory that’s what the top half of the ccs plug is. In j1772 it uses the on board charger. In ccs when the high voltage lines are connected the j1773 is only used for signaling. The ccs adapter with out the dc connection connected should act just like the j1772 adapter
That's how it works in a CCS car, but with the adapter, the power pins are in different locations because that is the logical way to make a "dumb" adapter (without a creating a huge shock hazard with both being connected). Thus the CCS adapter can't replace the J1772 one, you still need both.

Since that small projector case is out of stock and I really didn’t care for the Apple TV one. I set out to find a better case for this adapter. I was looking for a case that would fit both the j1772 and ccs adapter. Technically you may not need both since the ccs adapter does it. I havnt tested that yet, but either way l’ll keep both.
I found one via a YouTube review of the Tesla CCS adapter. The reviewer said it was a “perfect fit” for the J1772 adapter and the CCS adapter side-by-side and comes with a moveable separator partition that uses velcro to stay in place. It’s light weight and has a rigid exterior.

I got it via Amazon for $17 a couple of days ago. It also happens to fit nicely between my mobile charger bag and my mobile charger plug adapter bag in the shallow storage area behind the rear seats in the Model Y.

Aproca Hard Travel Storage Case for Mini Projector, ELEPHAS Portable Projector
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09289DDHK/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_5Z2M4898NPXCH0ETBQSZ

9D13478C-94A9-4288-9383-1FF6528491DB.jpeg

8C9C75A6-1510-474D-ADD8-07FF616A8948.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and tps5352