Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to throw another data point into the mix...

The most common DCFCs where I live are 50kW Flo chargers. Since there's a trip I'll eventually be making that has one of these right in the middle of a gap in the supercharger network, I've acquired a card that can be used to activate these without needing to resort to the app (in the event of poor connectivity for a charger in the middle of nowhere), and decided to test it out today.

Pulled up to the charger at 73% SOC with the intent to charge it to 80%. Activation was painless with the card in hand. Initial charging rate was 23kW, ramping up to 32kW as the battery warmed up and where it ended twelve minutes later with SOC at 80%. Seems reasonable enough for those occasions where you don't have many (if any) other options, seeing as these are everywhere around here.

Attachments

• DSC_0094.JPG
    DSC_0094.JPG
    640.4 KB · Views: 87
received mine today from harum.io and it took 14 days from order to front porch. that is a nice piece of kit ! Anxious to try it once I am out of quarantine :-( Not related but what the heck...its been a week as I got three gifts. Covid, FSD and the CCS adapter.
Same. I got fsd drove around all day, started feeling sick at the end of the evening. Tested. And boom... two lines...

Good times.

What was the total cost, including any taxes and duties, for your order to Ontario, Canada?
$ 485 CAD total. This includes $ 415 USD for the unit including shipping and $ 70 from DHL for customs, tax and clearance. On Tesla.kr it is 299,200 Korean Won which is $ 300 CAD. They only added $ 115 CAD total for their costs and DHL shipping which I thought was very fair. The additional $ 70 charged by DHL was import specific.

Reactions: MLXXXp
What was the total cost, including any taxes and duties, for your order to Ontario, Canada?
I just purchased on May 20th, received on May 30th
I purchased the CCS adapter and the travel case for it.

Came to $334.00 USD and MasterCard bumped that up to $441.54 CAD
Then DHL added on $82.59 for Duties, taxes and brokerage.
So in Qc $524.13

You'll save on both the order and DHL if you only order the adapter.

Reactions: MLXXXp
My CSS1 Harumio data for Mid-Atlantic USA:

Order Date: 5/24
Shipping Email: 6/2 (9 days)
First DHL Email (and texts): 6/3 (10th day)
Delivery: 6/7 (14th day) (beat DHL own initial estimate by one day)

Also ordered the S3XY case for it. The case was in stock and is perfect (also holds the smaller adaptor that came with car (2022 MXP) that I’ll never use again other than a serious miscalculation on my part). I also have a CHAdeMO adaptor that I used once in 5 years on the last X. I guess I will keep all 3 for all options.

Anyway it was a pleasure transacting with Harumio. And DHL not to shabby itself.

$ 485 CAD total. This includes $ 415 USD for the unit including shipping and $ 70 from DHL for customs, tax and clearance. On Tesla.kr it is 299,200 Korean Won which is $ 300 CAD. They only added $ 115 CAD total for their costs and DHL shipping which I thought was very fair. The additional $ 70 charged by DHL was import specific.
Sorry confusing post. Should say this includes 415 CAD for the unit including shipping plus DHL import fees

No. I purchased from Harumio. My comparison was to show what it would cost to purchase from Tesla KR if you could vs what we are paying from Harumio. The $ 415 CAD is from Harumio and the $ 70 was paid to DHL for clearing and fees.

Before ordering mine, I wondered if I need to pay for custom clearance. I didn’t see anyone mentioned it in the thread. I got mine with no additional cost, so I guess it depends on luck?

Correct. When MLXXXp asked the question, he is where I am so I included the country/provincial specific adders he/we would pay.

For our cousins South of the 49th, with no taxes, this is a steal and probably exactly what we will pay IF Tesla ever brings it to the NA store.

I was super pleased with the Harumio people. Originally they wanted my account credentials to log into the Korean Tesla site to make the purchase on my account. Ummm nope. I think they are getting so many requests that they found their own way and just added the 'click to buy' option on their website. I was so excited to purchase that I did not read everything through and realize that there was that little S3XY case there for only a few bucks more to add to the order so I missed that. I cannot find it anywhere else and to purchase alone it is $ 45 USD which again is Ummm nope.