Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got one last month also w/o supplying credentials. Used it 5 times on our current road trip, 4 in Nova Scotia (currently just 1 SC in the entire provence) and once at an Indiana turnpike service plaza when the SC there was temporarily out of service.

Using it isn’t as simple as just plugging in like a SC. For EA chargers plug in first then activate the charger with the app. Chargepoint network chargers (which includes Flo brand in CA) are easier, plug in then scan rfid card on charger.

If I lived in Canada I would definitely get one, even in the US it’s nice to have. I could have used it last year when we visited Glacier NP in Montana. Next summer I want to get to Newfoundland where there are zero SCs (should have done that on this trip).

Reactions: Luvtoride
So we took a trip across NY and back yesterday using CCS only.

A lot of different apps, credit card setups, etc.

GF doesn't have dexterity/strength to get adapter off of CCS plug, even had trouble plugging CCS into car (similar to when we had a Bolt)

So while it works great for me, I think this is sub-optimal for Tesla owners as a population, and the general public. CCS1 just sucks, and is likely to accomplish it's original design goal of slowing EV adoption, full stop.

So why is Harumio asking for my Tesla credentials today 7/13/22? Before I place my order? An ideas? Changed their requirements?
View attachment 828025
Just received this response from Harumio.…unable to place my order without Tesla log on. 🤷🏻‍♂️
06D20C4C-E24D-4B85-832E-F08A523F3044.jpeg

I ordered the CCS1 and carrying case from Harumio on 6.21.22. It arrived on 7.11.22. The company responded quickly and politely to my inquiries and it was packaged beautifully. I am in agreement with others that Tesla caught on to them and began demanding credentials. They are a legitimate company.

I ordered from Harumio last week and just got this email.

Dear Customer

Thank you for ordering the CCS Combo 1 / CHAdeMO Adapter with us.

However, we regret to inform you that we currently do not have these in stock, and we are not sure when we will be able to restock them again.
We will be refunding your order, with the adapter case as well, if it is in your order.
Our finance department will be processing the refund the soonest.

We apologize for the circumstances, and we thank you for your kind understanding.
We will try our best to update you again once the item is in stock.

Do kindly ignore this email if you have received your order or if your order is already refunded.
Take care and stay well!

Sincerely,
Harumio