Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you recieve it yet? How long did it take if so.
Yes, mine was delayed because the case was on “back order”, they did ask if I wanted to wait or take two separate shipments. I opted to wait and received both items together. So my order took 2 weeks from order to receipt.

I have since used/tested it twice on a 350 kWH EA station and it worked great. I got similar charging speeds to a Tesla V3 SCer. I installed the EA app in my Apple Wallet and that really makes it easy, not as fast or easy as Tesla. It’s nice have that option, but my first choice will ALWAYS be a Tesla Super Charger.

BTW the case is awesome, it holds the CCS and J-1772 adapter in one tidy case. I have under seat drawers and it fits perfectly under the drivers seat.

Another update from Harumio: Just got an email saying the CCS adapters are out of stock and they don't know when will they be back in stock again. I aslo tried to ask Delivered Korea to order that for me. They did but almost the same time I got an email from Delivered Korea saying Tesla cancelled the order.

So my speculation is Tesla starts cancelling orders that look suspicious now.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
I ordered one from Harumio on July 9th and received the message below today. Looks like Tesla has cut off their supply. Their site now won't let you order any of the Tesla adapter products including the CHAdeMO.

-------------------------------------

Dear Customer

Thank you for ordering the CCS Combo 1 / CHAdeMO Adapter with us.

However, we regret to inform you that we currently do not have these in stock, and we are not sure when we will be able to restock them again.

We will be refunding your order, with the adapter case as well, if it is in your order.

Our finance department will be processing the refund the soonest.

We apologize for the circumstances, and we thank you for your kind understanding.

We will try our best to update you again once the item is in stock.

Do kindly ignore this email if you have received your order or if your order is already refunded.

Take care and stay well!

Sincerely,

Harumio

I ordered one from Harumio on July 9th and received the message below today. Looks like Tesla has cut off their supply. Their site now won't let you order any of the Tesla adapter products including the CHAdeMO.

-------------------------------------

Dear Customer

Thank you for ordering the CCS Combo 1 / CHAdeMO Adapter with us.

However, we regret to inform you that we currently do not have these in stock, and we are not sure when we will be able to restock them again.

We will be refunding your order, with the adapter case as well, if it is in your order.

Our finance department will be processing the refund the soonest.

We apologize for the circumstances, and we thank you for your kind understanding.

We will try our best to update you again once the item is in stock.

Do kindly ignore this email if you have received your order or if your order is already refunded.

Take care and stay well!

Sincerely,

Harumio
I guess the question is is Tesla simply out of stock of the adapters or have they specifically "turned off the faucet" so to speak that let people in the U.S. order adapters via Harumio.

If Tesla owners in SK can still order the adapter, that would answer the question.

Reactions: Genie
I guess the question is is Tesla simply out of stock of the adapters or have they specifically "turned off the faucet" so to speak that let people in the U.S. order adapters via Harumio.

If Tesla owners in SK can still order the adapter, that would answer the question.
You can still order it from Tesla Korea (CCS 콤보 1 어댑터) as long as you have a Korean credit card and know how to jig the address (the same method resellers in the US used to circumvent reseller detection algorithms by large retailers)

You guys have to be aware that the original orders from Harumio required your credentials, then after about a month they were able to get them without it. My suspicion is Tesla has cut them off and once again, if you want it you'll require your credentials to get it ordered but shipped to them in South Korea then they will forward it to you.

Not a real big deal, i just changed my password, sent it to them they ordered it and a few days later changed it to another password. They only requested to not change it back till it shipped from them.

Reactions: Luvtoride
You guys have to be aware that the original orders from Harumio required your credentials, then after about a month they were able to get them without it. My suspicion is Tesla has cut them off and once again, if you want it you'll require your credentials to get it ordered but shipped to them in South Korea then they will forward it to you.

Not a real big deal, i just changed my password, sent it to them they ordered it and a few days later changed it to another password. They only requested to not change it back till it shipped from them.
Yeah, looks like around July 4th they went out of stock through harumio. Anyone with a vpn in SK want to try to see if these are available on the Tesla SK website or if it is truly sold out from Tesla?

Anyone know of how to get a Korean Credit Card? Appears to be difficult.
I don't think you'll find an easy way... When I was in Korea, I found that normal citizens aren't even allowed to get a prepaid SIM. You have to have a foreign ID in order to get one, and you have to register to get it. From what I remember when I was over there, a lot of people don't even have credit cards in Korea. They like to use T-Money, etc, which is sort of like Apple Pay Cash.

Yeah, looks like around July 4th they went out of stock through harumio. Anyone with a vpn in SK want to try to see if these are available on the Tesla SK website or if it is truly sold out from Tesla?

They still have some on Tesla SK limited to 1 per account.

But I can’t checkout because of payment

I've tried to checkout with Visa, Mastercard, and AMEX and nothing. I suspect they're only accepting SK credit cards but I have no evidence to prove my hypothesis... Does anyone here happen to know a friend in SK with a SK credit card?

The South Korean Tesla website (for Tesla charging accessories, and specifically the CCS1 adapter) is available to anyone (in North America, at least) with Internet service, afaik. No VPN should be necessary. No harm in visiting, right? This is also true for accessing Tesla in other countries (e.g., in Europe, in Oceania, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc.). You can legitimately go to any of these international Tesla spots starting right from your North America (USA or Canada) Tesla (e.g., Shop) website and by using the "Menu" button in the upper right-hand corner and clicking on "United States" "or Canada." A column of various countries and languages will then appear from which you can select a desired Tesla international site to visit. Nothing wrong about doing that.

Currently (as of 07/15/22) the South Korean site indicates that CCS1 adapters are still available from Tesla-Korea, as others have already noted (see quotes above). (This is also true for the Tesla-Korea CHAdeMO adapter, as well.) There is a blue bar for signing into your Tesla account. I assume that, as others have stated, purchase from the Tesla-Korea site is limited solely to legitimate Korean Tesla owners with CCS-enabled Models 3 and Y only, correct?

Meanwhile the previous CCS1 adapter mother-lode at the Harumio site appears to be (temporarily/permanently?) tapped out. The fact that the Harumio site is 'grayed out' for both the CCS1 and CHAdeMO adapters suggests that Harumio can't get anything from Tesla-Korea right now. We'll have to wait to see what this means.
  • Harumio is only temporarily sold-out and will aquire more stock eventually?
  • Harumio will be permanently denied further parts acquisition from Tesla-Korea?
  • Tesla is planning imminent release (of the CCS1 adapter) in North America (suggested here)?
By the way, The two handy storage cases (for CCS1 & J1772 and CHAdeMO adapters), which of course are not Tesla products, are still available for separate purchase from Harumio.

Unfortunately, as noted elesewhere, this probably means that eBay CCS1 adapter prices will skyrocket,...again. That is, unless Tesla-North America finally releases the CCS1 adapter.

Last edited:
Yeah, Tesla recently announced they are opening the supercharger network to other vehicles late this year. My guess is they'll offer the CCS1 adapter in the US around that same time.
What is the basis for that guess? The two are not related in any way. Tesla will not "open the supercharger network to other vehicles," it will open particular stations, which it either puts CCS cords on, or which it provides a Tesla TO CCS adapter at somehow, perhaps on a cable like EVGo does in reverse. This is a Tesla to CCS adapter, the reverse of the adapter we're hoping they will ship. They said last year they would be shipping this adapter so at this point there is no predicting when they will do it unless you have inside info.

I suspect Tesla will start providing CCS at underused supercharger stations first.

And for many of us, the CCS adapter is no good without the charge controller upgrade.