Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS adapter for USA available yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have used an EVgo that had a standard Tesla CHAdemo adapter cabled to the side of the charger. There are also sites that have the Tesla adapter modified with a longer cable and permanently mounted to the side of the charger.

534112.jpg

519404.jpg

That red Model 3 is, um, familiar to me...

I just saw this promo for a third-party (i.e., non-Tesla branded) CCS adapter that I understand is supposed to work with Tesla vehicles in North America. Pricey. And safety/reliability unknown. I personally will not be buying, at least not without better assurance on both the safety and reliability points.

CCS Adapter | SETEC POWER

Last edited:
Reactions: Tz00
AFAIK, Tesla has not announced the availability of a CCS adapter for North America, only for Europe -- and the European one is for use by Model S and Model X (the Model 3 comes with a native CCS plug in Europe). Note that the European CCS is physically different than the North American CCS, as are the European and North American Tesla car-side sockets. Thus, the European CCS adapter would be useless in North America.

There's been speculation that Tesla will eventually release a North American CCS adapter, and some hints from Tesla that it might eventually happen, but nothing even remotely concrete, AFAIK.

Tesla has a CCS adapter out for the South Korean market which, to my knowledge, uses the North American socket style. Speculation is that it's only a matter of time before they release it for sale in the US and Canada.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H