Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter is Now Available in the US Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JaeTheDev

Supporting Member
Jun 28, 2020
Westerly, RI
As the title states...

So interestingly, when I log into the shop it won't let me order one. It says "no delivered cars in your account". I wonder if this is because our late 2021 Y was delivered with a stripped ECU? IOW, we do show that we don't have the CCS compatibility enabled.

Kind of bummed I can't order one, and it says on the site retrofit will start to be available early 2023.

Reactions: VegasMYP
bummer, can’t order for a 2018 M3 RWD… of course this requires a retrofit of the charging port/wiring, but still would be nice to order it now.. and maybe I have updated my wiring?
Does the shop page for the adapter not let you order because your car isn't seen as compatible? It will let me order if I want one "This accessory fits your 2018 Model 3", but I retrofitted my car a while ago to be CCS1 compatible. That would mean that the online shop can query some database or check status with the car as to whether or not it is compatible.

Reactions: VegasMYP
So interestingly, when I log into the shop it won't let me order one. It says "no delivered cars in your account". I wonder if this is because our late 2021 Y was delivered with a stripped ECU? IOW, we do show that we don't have the CCS compatibility enabled.

Kind of bummed I can't order one, and it says on the site retrofit will start to be available early 2023.
Yeah, thinking you will need the retrofit. Our CCSC1 compatibility is enabled on our '22 June Build MYP and when we select the CCSC1 on the site, it states that the accessory fits our '22 MYP. Thinking that Tesla AI shopping software already knows if your Tesla is CCSC1 compatible and thus the reason you are receiving the "no delivered cars in your account" message.

Yeah, thinking you will need the retrofit. Our CCSC1 compatibility is enabled on our '22 June Build MYP and when we select the CCSC1 on the site, it states that the accessory fits our '22 MYP. Thinking that Tesla AI shopping software already knows if your Tesla is CCSC1 compatible and thus the reason you are receiving the "no delivered cars in your account" message.
Yeah, the verbiage on the order page updated to say I will require a retrofit. Now the followup question is: are they doing this by VIN, or are they doing it by what your car is reporting to the mothership? I.E., if I bought a non-stripped charge ECU, swapped it in, would it let me order?