Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter is Now Available in the US Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news, ordered yesterday and just got shipping info!

Notification_Center.png

Do you know before you show up at the EA station that it's free? Or do you find out when you get there?
I read about it on another thread (or maybe this one) and went and looked. That post referenced this thread:

Looks like they track free occurrences, I haven't find any other place on the internet that talks about it

All the EAs that I have been to today (I tried to do a free roadtrip) no longer show as free including the one near my house. Perhaps it's over

With the introduction of the CCS1 adapter in North America. I'm interested to see if and how Tesla would alter the Navigation and Preconditioning to take advantage of the CCS1 adapters.
I would hope to see some sort of toggle to include the use of Public DCFC chargers (maybe 150KW or better) and en-route preconditioning.
I can't see using the this as standard that I would leave on all the time, but it would be nice if I could select when to use them and have it work effectively the same as navigating to a Tesla supercharger.

Reactions: Gadget63 and avs007
With the introduction of the CCS1 adapter in North America. I'm interested to see if and how Tesla would alter the Navigation and Preconditioning to take advantage of the CCS1 adapters.
I would hope to see some sort of toggle to include the use of Public DCFC chargers (maybe 150KW or better) and en-route preconditioning.
I can't see using the this as standard that I would leave on all the time, but it would be nice if I could select when to use them and have it work effectively the same as navigating to a Tesla supercharger.
This would have to rely on up to date availability data, that Tesla has little or no control over. Can you imagine being routed to a broken charger. I doubt they want to touch this.

This would have to rely on up to date availability data, that Tesla has little or no control over. Can you imagine being routed to a broken charger. I doubt they want to touch this.
I probably wouldn't want to have it AUTO selecting a CCS charger, but it would be nice if you manually selected a CCS fast charger that it would precondition. Either that or have some sort of button/toggle etc to be able to enable preconditioning upon arrival or something, when selecting a non supercharger. The main issue with auto selecting CCS and such, is that the car doesn't know if you even have the adapter... So you would need to be able to have a configuration somewhere indicating you have the CCS adapter, etc. You would also probably want to have a setting, for being able to set priority preferences, much like you can in ABRP. Cus based on my last trip to California, I would want to use superchargers on the main trip, and only use CCS while at my destination within the city. That's why I think manual is probably better. At least until they drastically improve EA reliability. This last trip was horrible.

I probably wouldn't want to have it AUTO selecting a CCS charger, but it would be nice if you manually selected a CCS fast charger that it would precondition. Either that or have some sort of button/toggle etc to be able to enable preconditioning upon arrival or something, when selecting a non supercharger. The main issue with auto selecting CCS and such, is that the car doesn't know if you even have the adapter... So you would need to be able to have a configuration somewhere indicating you have the CCS adapter, etc.
I think those are viable ideas as well. I guess there's lots of way it could be done. I've heard that SEXY buttons are going to have a way to manually precondition the battery, that also might work. It would be very manual to set the navigate to the public DCFC and set the button to manually precondition, but it would still be better than faking routing to a Supercharger and using your phone to route to the public DCFC. That's what I've been doing LOL

I think that EVgos will show up if you select the ⚡⚡️ instead of the ⚡⚡⚡️, at least the ones with Tesla plugs. When you navigate to them it will precondition. You can then use the CCS when you get there.

It would be good if not only can you find them by name (ChargePoint, Electrify America) but that they also be recognized as a charging location, and know what capabilities are there, I ended up at a J1772 EA station following the Nav's findings. Probably would require that you check the box that you even HAVE the adapter in the car, but then the car could precondition on the way to those too. Right now it'll start preconditioning for the Supercharger I put into the Nav beyond the CCS station but that means sometimes almost no preconditioning by the time I get to the CCS station.

• Informative
Reactions: VegasMYP