Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a video on a lectron CCS adapter that works. Only issue is it's maxed out at 60 kw so you can't get the full 150, 250 or higher
If your car supports native CCS, I wouldn't bother with the lectron adapter... From what I read, the lectron adapter translates the CCS protocol to Chademo, which is why the adapter is flaky/expensive and limited to 50kw. I'd rather take my chances with trying to get a korean CCS adapter, if you car supports it.

You need to go to the About page in your car and click Additional Information to see if your Y supports CCS.

Mine produced in September 2021 does not support CCS. I suspect it will need a retrofit in addition to support the adapter.

Interesting, last i checked, mine was made in October 2020, and does support CCS. Tesla Mobile is out working on my car as we speak so I can't go out and check.

I check everyday for the CCS adapter to show up on the Tesla Store... nothing yet obviously.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Interesting, last i checked, mine was made in October 2020, and does support CCS. Tesla Mobile is out working on my car as we speak so I can't go out and check.

I check everyday for the CCS adapter to show up on the Tesla Store... nothing yet obviously.

I think older models included the hardware and then due to scaling back of any part possible due to supply chain issues, that one made the cut on newer Ys.

Reactions: alexcue
I wouldn't bother with the Setec/Lectron CCS1 adapter nor the official Tesla ChaDeMo adapters. They are expensive and slow. Buy the official Tesla CCS1 adapter from South Korea through a proxy service like many of us Model 3 owners are doing (we're even retrofitting our older cars to support CCS1). See this proxy service that many of us have used Get your Tesla's CCS1 Adapter From Korea!. You will have to give them your Tesla login so they can log in on the Korean Tesla website and order, because Tesla only allows orders in South Korea and limits them to 1 per owner. After they order it, you
can change your account password. Cost is about $320 including the proxy service fees and shipping. If your Tesla does not have the correct charge port ECU to work with the Tesla CCS1 adapter, it will cost an additional $180 to buy the ECU and wiring adapter harness and replace them yourself (see here for reference Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach).

why other countries, like China, get dual charge port? they never need something called adapter. the US regulation is too easy on tesla. why?
There is no regulation in the US, and Tesla was first to market with a high power, low profile charge plug for EVs that could handle AC and DC charging. So they have a lot of momentum on their proprietary charge port. I was hoping that Tesla would switch to CCS1 with the introduction of the Model 3, but they didn't.

I wouldn't bother with the Setec/Lectron CCS1 adapter nor the official Tesla ChaDeMo adapters. They are expensive and slow. Buy the official Tesla CCS1 adapter from South Korea through a proxy service like many of us Model 3 owners are doing (we're even retrofitting our older cars to support CCS1). See this proxy service that many of us have used Get your Tesla's CCS1 Adapter From Korea!. You will have to give them your Tesla login so they can log in on the Korean Tesla website and order, because Tesla only allows orders in South Korea and limits them to 1 per owner. After they order it, you
can change your account password. Cost is about $320 including the proxy service fees and shipping. If your Tesla does not have the correct charge port ECU to work with the Tesla CCS1 adapter, it will cost an additional $180 to buy the ECU and wiring adapter harness and replace them yourself (see here for reference Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach).
Just so I understand correctly, they want our login and password so they can order under our name as only owners are allowed to purchase this 1 time. Is there no concern about giving out this information and having someone able to login via my account which has a credit card attached to it? Guess I can change he password once the transaction is complete though.

My 3/22 Build says Enabled
I think the first cutoff was sometime in June'21, as mine was build in June'21, and mine says enabled.. But I saw another post on here, where someone else also has a June'2021 build, but theirs says not-installed. I think somewhere, someone had a spreadsheet, that people were updating... Looks like the first batch where the hardware was omitted were builds between late June'21 and early October'21. I think most people that had a build of Nov'21 or later had the hardware.

I think the first cutoff was sometime in June'21, as mine was build in June'21, and mine says enabled.. But I saw another post on here, where someone else also has a June'2021 build, but theirs says not-installed. I think somewhere, someone had a spreadsheet, that people were updating... Looks like the first batch where the hardware was omitted were builds between late June'21 and early October'21. I think most people that had a build of Nov'21 or later had the hardware.
This whole thing is confusing. I was talking to the lady that sells chargepoint setups and tried to explain that telsa will require expensive adaptors to CCS or chademo

Just so I understand correctly, they want our login and password so they can order under our name as only owners are allowed to purchase this 1 time. Is there no concern about giving out this information and having someone able to login via my account which has a credit card attached to it? Guess I can change he password once the transaction is complete though.
Correct. And you can't see the credit card number from your account, just the last 4 digits. The worst thing they could do with your account is order other stuff from Tesla's store and pay with your CC, but I think that they would at least need to guess your CC's 3-digit security code. And, it being a CC, you would be able to dispute the charge. I don't think there's any risk of malicious behavior from them. I guess they could also cancel a reservation or preorder and lose you the preorder fee and spot in line.

You could order the adapter yourself from Tesla's Korea website using Google translate to make the page readable in English (or any other language), but you would still have to pay a proxy service to "rent" a mailbox in South Korea for delivery. Once it arrived, the proxy service would mail it to your address.

Correct. And you can't see the credit card number from your account, just the last 4 digits. The worst thing they could do with your account is order other stuff from Tesla's store and pay with your CC, but I think that they would at least need to guess your CC's 3-digit security code. And, it being a CC, you would be able to dispute the charge. I don't think there's any risk of malicious behavior from them. I guess they could also cancel a reservation or preorder and lose you the preorder fee and spot in line.

You could order the adapter yourself from Tesla's Korea website using Google translate to make the page readable in English (or any other language), but you would still have to pay a proxy service to "rent" a mailbox in South Korea for delivery. Once it arrived, the proxy service would mail it to your address.
And the SK CCS adapter can be used out of the box with no mods? My car does support CCS charging.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
And the SK CCS adapter can be used out of the box with no mods? My car does support CCS charging.
Yes, if your Tesla's additional info screen shows that CCS is supported it will work for you. The official Tesla adapter is passthrough and there are no electronics inside it. So all the smarts are done by the charge port controller in the car. If your additional info screen shows CCS as supported, that means that you have the charge port controller that supports it.

Do they mess with your address or something? Is your Tesla login only required to validate that you own a Tesla?