Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sure does. Glad it worked well for @Midnightsun. I had issues with a BTC station this past weekend and my Tesla had a lot of error messages during the handshake. Eventually I got it working for a slow 17kW charge. I reached out to the owner, Francis Energy and they called back very excited to hear about CCS adapters being available for Tesla.
I sent them the link how to order and they said they would get one and test. They speculated there might be some firmware updates they need to do on their BTC stations.

Weird I had my J1772 adapter locked in there since I use a chargepoint wall unit and it unlocked via the screen and app.

Yes, that happens to me all the time, too--the J1772 adapter gets stuck in the port (the cable is already removed), but then I can hit the "unlock" selection on the "Charge" screen and by pressing the adapter in then out it releases.

Reactions: Daekwan
Yes, absolutely. Just no SC near my home. I guess i could have “fooled” it? just by plugging in a SC several miles away but drive to the EA 2 miles away? it wouldn’t know the difference. Time to experiment.
May try it as there is a Supercharger location near me that does have 2 CCS/chademo chargers about 50' away in the same parking lot. Only reason would be to see how fast it can charge with low SOC and preheated.

• Helpful
Reactions: Daekwan and alexcue
Tesla has allowed 1 purchase per customer which requires an account, smart otherwise there would never be any in stock and scalpers would be having a hayday selling them for $1000 on eBay. I ordered a second one now knowing it works however the only way I was able to do so was using my other account as I have 2 Teslas.

No matter how you slice or dice this and even if your brother lives in Korea, he would need an account and password to buy one. The only other option is to pay a lot more and buy one of a few on eBay...

That's what I thought, too. However, see this post by the Harumio staff. They are saying that it is possible to order unlimited numbers?! That can't be right, can it?

What's going on?

• Informative
Reactions: Exelion
Yes, that happens to me all the time, too--the J1772 adapter gets stuck in the port (the cable is already removed), but then I can hit the "unlock" selection on the "Charge" screen and by pressing the adapter in then out it releases.
Try this, put in the J1772 without connecting anything and try to remove it by unlock via scree or app. Software may be different on the 3/Y as my issue was with the S. Will try it on the Y tonight to see if it reacts the same, after I figure out where the wire pull is on the Y that is. ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
So shipped to the states and smuggled it across to save taxes and duties. A true Canadian. :eek:

I usually go through my brother in NH, no sales tax in NH.

Really impressive charge speed, thanks for posting.
declared it at the border. The border agents can send you into the office to pay the taxes. In general, as long as you don't overdo it and don't have alcohol or cigarettes they wave you thru. If you stay in the USA for 48 hours, you are allowed $800 in value. Many Canadians cross the border to pick up parcels in Blaine, WA. I have property in USA that I go on weekends to relax. :)

This is pretty small and should fit just right going by the internal dimensions listed. Take off the shoulder strap and it should work well. MCHENG Waterproof Shock Resistant Compact Camera Case with Shoulder Strap for Nikon 1 J1 COOLPIX A10 B500 P90 / Sony A5000 A6000 Cyber-Shot DSC-W830 / Olympus Tough TG-5, Black : Amazon.ca: Electronics

That being said, I am sure there is someone working on a case for the adapter that will show up on Amazon pretty soon.
I did order the bag after all. Perfect fit, almost like it was made for it. As an added bonus the J1772 adapter fits in the bag as well.
IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg

Last edited:
I did order the bag after all. Perfect fit, almost like it was made for it. As an added bonus the J1772 adapter fits in the bag as well...

Now that's what I'm talking about! And no foam inserts are really required! Nice and comfy.

I knew some clever owner would find exactly what we need. Cheap and effective. (Except your address put me in Canadian Amazon! None of my previous orders appeared. Thought I'd been ghosted by Amazon, eh? :) )

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: alexcue
I did order the bag after all. Perfect fit, almost like it was made for it. As an added bonus the J1772 adapter fits in the bag as well.View attachment 798398

View attachment 798395View attachment 798396

Now that's what I'm talking about! I knew some clever owner would find exactly what we need. Cheap and effective. (Except your address put me in Canadian Amazon! None of my previous orders appeared. Thought I'd been ghosted by Amazon. :) )

LOL, same thing happened to me... Ordered, thanks for being the guinea pig on it!

Got lucky with my Y. I took delivery at the end of Sept 2021 and it shows that CCS is enabled. I'll just wait for Tesla to make the CCS adapter available in the US.

That was lucky, as it was within that backsliding window of CCS noncompliance. (Do any of those words make sense? You know what I mean.) Good deal for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexcue and Zorg