Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine Saturday night (april 23) so that would be Sunday Morning in Korea. The initial phase seems to be all computer driven so I was able to get the order paid for on Saturday, but it didn't go through the Tesla website order process until Monday... I will update when something else happens. I e-mailed them and asked if it was OK to change my password now since the order has been placed with Tesla.

Keith

Update, I have a tracking number :)

So, timeline for my order:
April 23 (this was on weekend) Placed order.
April 25 (Monday) Received emails in Korean that order had been placed.
April 29 (Friday) Received email with tracking number.
May 6 (Friday) is my projected delivery date.

Keith

Reactions: Daekwan
Got mine today. WoW Amazing 178kW

Thanks! Haven't watched your whole video yet but I'm guessing you were using Fred Meyer 667 | PlugShare and those chargers look like Signet. Those Signet units are pretty quiet.

I've personally charged my former Bolt a few times at Safeway | PlugShare which are definitely Signet. I probably added the label pics.

Your preview image has an EA ABB charger, which physically look different..

Thanks! Haven't watched your whole video yet but I'm guessing you were using Fred Meyer 667 | PlugShare and those chargers look like Signet. Those Signet units are pretty quiet.

I've personally charged my former Bolt a few times at Safeway | PlugShare which are definitely Signet. I probably added the label pics.

Your preview image has an EA ABB charger, which physically look different..
Sorry, never looked at who built the charger. It was an EA (green) station.

Anyone able to help me with this? I am from the states and I placed an order 4/21 shipping to my friend's cousin house in Seoul. She was gonna pick it up for me during her trip to Korea. But I haven't received an order tracking. My concern is the red box which translate to Unable to check delivery.

Any ideas? I emailed Tesla Korea, waiting for a response. should have just done this through a proxy service.

The charge went through my credit card.

View attachment 798701
I ordered the adapter pretty much the same way you did via friend & relatives help. No tracking info is provided from Tesla Korea. But my adapter found it’s way and got delivered safely in less than a week.

Reactions: kayak1
I think the four charging vendors are ABB, BTCPower, Efacec, and Signet. I've seen all the brands already, but each one of them will continue to design and build new chargers as more stations get built. The one I see most are BTCPower and Efacec for EA. I'm sure there's more than just these.

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 12.51.09 PM.png

From Left to right: Signet, Efacec, BTCPower and ABB.

This is a popular BTCPower model I've seen in my area, quite old design from the early 2000's, and maxes out at 50kW. Mostly EVGo stations use this one.

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 12.50.30 PM.png

Last edited:
I'm trying to look for it... where do I go to get one of the ten one time passwords in my account?
You need be on the website not mobile app and you need the 2FA to be on.

Didn't Harumio say that they need to login to track shipment from Tesla to their warehouse? If you give them a OTC, they won't be able to log back in to track the shipment.
They didn't have a problem when I submitted the following: user, pass, and otu. The following day I received the order notification via email and Harumio messaged me that the order has been placed.

If they need another access I'll provide them with another OTU.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnny Vector
Got my adapter today. From first inquiry to product in hand took only 10 days. Thank you @harumio for the quick turnaround.

About to go test it out at my local EVgo 350 charger. (Yes I’m aware the limits)
Does Tesla preheat the battery if I navigate to a nearby supercharger?

About to go test it out at my local EVgo 350 charger. (Yes I’m aware the limits)
EVgo 350 charger? It's capable of up to 350 kW? Can you point us to the location and/or Plugshare link.

I haven't seen any EVgo chargers w/ratings that high around where I am in the Bay Area. Yes, I know of one site at Carlmont Village Shopping Center | PlugShare but it's nowhere near home for me.

I think the four charging vendors are ABB, BTCPower, Efacec, and Signet. I've seen all the brands already, but each one of them will continue to design and build new chargers as more stations get built. The one I see most are BTCPower and Efacec for EA. I'm sure there's more than just these.

View attachment 798902

From Left to right: Signet, Efacec, BTCPower and ABB.
Yep. That looks correct and although I've never personally seen the leftmost style of EA Signet, I know they exist.

The Signet style that I've seen and used are what I pointed to already.

Yep. There are lots in the Bay Area of this model on EVgo.

Even Caltrans installed a bunch of the above BTC Power model: New Electric Vehicle Fast Chargers Now Available Along State Highways in Central California | Caltrans. I've personally used some of those free Caltrans BTC Power DC FCs on my former Bolt and one on my Niro EV. I've definitely used these sites:

EVgo 350 charger? It's capable of up to 350 kW? Can you point us to the location and/or Plugshare link.

I haven't seen any EVgo chargers w/ratings that high around where I am in the Bay Area. Yes, I know of one site at Carlmont Village Shopping Center | PlugShare but it's nowhere near home for me.
Ridgewood Shopping Center
3540 Wade Ave, Raleigh, NC 27607, USA

Ridgewood Shopping Center | PlugShare
I am very unhappy that my TeslaFi was not logging because recent change to password. Oh well, sorry I don’t have detailed data for you.

Roughly this short session averages 12¢/kwh, while the nearest (and cheapest) supercharger is 24¢/kwh

Attachments

• AB1C8661-8ABB-4EC4-884C-32B277D45786.jpeg
    AB1C8661-8ABB-4EC4-884C-32B277D45786.jpeg
    937.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 6C04C0E4-EB9B-45DC-AEA6-4F8E1B90AA0E.jpeg
    6C04C0E4-EB9B-45DC-AEA6-4F8E1B90AA0E.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 57
  • BA957986-4EE8-4823-8C2C-1668D5A9B063.jpeg
    BA957986-4EE8-4823-8C2C-1668D5A9B063.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 48