Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received it and here are the results!!!

I received my CCS1 through Harumio today (thank you Hurumio guys, you are the best), decided to test it and post the results here.

I Live i Southwest Ontario, Canada and the first testing location was ON Route (Cambridge eastbound)at Ivy network. It took me a few minutes to download the app. signup with them and add the CC information. Then the first try failed (probably because it was plugged in for a long time while I was signing up). The 2nd try was successful. I came with 59% SOC and wanted to charge it for a few minutes just to test it. It started and kept 72kW. It may go up if I waited a little longer.

Then I drove to Petro-Canada off hwy 401 eastbound (Steels Ave. S. in Milton, ON). Came there with 50% SOC, the charge started at the first try and I got 124kW there.

I was going to go to test it at Electrify Canada (at Toronto Premium Outlets) but since my phone rang I had to postpone it for some other time.
Wanted to test high-speed chargers along the main hwy 401, didn't bother testing those in the city as I don't need to charge while I am close to home.

Hope this helps.
Thank you HURAMIO!!!

Others please post your experiences.
Do you mind letting us know how much it costed in Canadian dollars? Were there any duty fees?

If the whole exchange range thing is point of contusion, they should allow us to pay directly in Korean Won, and have the buyer pay the exchange costs. But they explicitly say only USD is allowed. They're obviously making some amount of money from the currency conversion.

299k won = $239 as of today, 5/4/22.
So if sold at $275, they make $36 (15%) via the exchange, plus the $5 "processing fee" for a total of $41 (17%) in profit per adapter. Shipping cost is actual cost to the buyer.

My point is that the middle man (Harumio) can make money, but at least be transparent about it. Accept money in Won and charge the flat $40 processing fee. By only charging only a "$5" fee, they make it seem like they are the poor guy. Ultimately, its up to the buyer to act or not.
They are making money and not being 100% transparent about the exchange rates, but meh, painless process of buying so I'm okay with it.

Reactions: Fourdoor and zpaul
Add me to the list of people who were successful is receiving the Tesla CCS1 adapter through Harumio!

I placed my order on Monday April 25th when I provided my Tesla account login (after changing the password) and requested that Harumio send an invoice. I paid via PayPal ($318.50) and Harumio confirmed payment on April 26th. I also got an email from Tesla Korea on the 26th confirming an order had been placed for the adapter. DHL sent me an email confirming they shipped my order on Monday May 2nd. Estimated delivery was for May 5th.

I received the adapter today, May 4th (one day early). It's amazing it took only 2 days to reach Colorado from South Korea (via Cincinnati and Denver) and it only took nine days to receive the adapter after I ordered it! I was a bit concerned because I've ordered with DHL a couple of times before and once the order reached the US, DHL sent it to me via another carrier (post office in one case) which added several days. I guess DHL Express handles the whole delivery.

One more thing I can contribute is that I got one of the cases (the hard case) that @android04 suggested and the CCS1 adapter fits perfectly in it with no rattles when I shake the case after zipping it closed (the price was great too!). I can even add the Tesla J1772 adapter with the CCS1 adapter in the case, again with no rattles. However, it does press on the top of the case and although it's still not hard to zip the the case closed, it is a bit raised on one side due to the height of the J1772 adapter.

Hard case from Amazon

Here are some photos:

20220504_191853_result.jpg
20220504_192058_result.jpg
20220504_191944_result.jpg
20220504_192010_result.jpg
20220504_192138_result.jpg

Last edited:
Do you mind letting us know how much it costed in Canadian dollars? Were there any duty fees?
Absolutely!
When ordered it cost me $420 CDN (that day's conversion) and also $64.78 CDN "Import Duty and/or Tax". I paid this fee (duties) once I received an email saying that the item is at the customs (Canadian) in order not to delay the shipment to pay now so I paid online by clicking on the link from that email.

Add me to the list of people who were successful is receiving the Tesla CCS1 adapter through Harumio!

I placed my order on Monday April 25th when I provided my Tesla account login (after changing the password) and requested that Harumio send an invoice. I paid via PayPal ($318.50) and Harumio confirmed payment on April 26th. I also got an email from Tesla Korea on the 26th confirming an order had been placed for the adapter. DHL sent me an email confirming they shipped my order on Monday May 2nd. Estimated delivery was for May 5th.

I received the adapter today, May 4th (one day early). It's amazing it took only 2 days to reach Colorado from South Korea (via Cincinnati and Denver) and it only took nine days to receive the adapter after I ordered it! I was a bit concerned because I've ordered with DHL a couple of times before and once the order reached the US, DHL sent it to me via another carrier (post office in one case) which added several days. I guess DHL Express handles the whole delivery.

One more thing I can contribute is that I got one of the cases (the hard case) that @android04 suggested and the CCS1 adapter fits perfectly in it with no rattles when I shake the case after zipping it closed (the price was great too!). I can even add the Tesla J1772 adapter with the CCS1 adapter in the case, again with no rattles. However, it does press on the top of the case and although it's still not hard to zip the the case closed, it is a bit raised on one side due to the height of the J1772 adapter.

Hard case from Amazon

Here are some photos:

View attachment 800611View attachment 800612View attachment 800614View attachment 800615View attachment 800616
Can you ship the case closed with both adapters?

...One more thing I can contribute is that I got one of the cases (the hard case) that @android04 suggested and the CCS1 adapter fits perfectly in it...

...I would recommend one of the following cases that I found on Amazon:

1. This one might be a bit snug, but I believe that it has a small amount of stretch and would fit fine(4.7" x 3.3" x 5").

That zippered "hard" case looks excellent. Assuming it holds up (zipper doesn't wear out), we may have a winner...

Reactions: android04
Hi , would it be possible to replace the whole TPC CHARGEPORT (north America) for CCS Combo2 CHARGEPORT (EU) If the car supports CCS?

I am not knowledgeable about this. However, I believe that there are people (probably at least one third-party business) in New Zealand that do that (they can conceivably replace a TPC ports--e.g., on used Model S imported from Japan--with a CCS2 port. However, that was "experimental" and not cheap.

But I'm afraid I have no specific information, only speculations. You might check with New Zealand or European TMC members on their respective forum sites.

Last edited:
Can you ship the case closed with both adapters?
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. If you mean shipping the hard case with CCS1/J1772 adapters inside without putting it in a box, I'd say no.

Amazon shipped the hard case enclosed in just a plastic bag and inside a plastic shipping envelope. That was OK since the case is very light at 6.6 oz.

However, the CCS1 adapter alone weighs 28.8 oz (1.8 lbs) and if that is in the case then I'd ship it in a shipping box instead of an envelope.

Also, although I didn't notice any rattles, you do have the plastic of the CCS1 adapter rubbing against the plastic of the J1772 adapter. So if they are both in the case I'd suggest putting the J1772 adapter in a plastic bag or wrapping it with something if you think the case is going to be jarred a lot. For me, I'll probably just keep the J1772 adapter where I had it before; in the soft case the Tesla mobile charger comes in (well, Tesla doesn't include that anymore).

And before someone asks, the case does not fit in the Model Y glovebox when closed. The CCS1 adapter just fits because one side is tapered and narrow enough to fit a bit in the back of the glovebox. The case is the same on all sides and can't get as deep into the glovebox in order to close it.

If the whole exchange range thing is point of contusion, they should allow us to pay directly in Korean Won, and have the buyer pay the exchange costs. But they explicitly say only USD is allowed. They're obviously making some amount of money from the currency conversion.

So if sold at $275, they make $36 (15%) via the exchange, plus the $5 "processing fee" for a total of $41 (17%) in profit per adapter. Shipping cost is actual cost to the buyer.

My point is that the middle man (Harumio) can make money, but at least be transparent about it. Accept money in Won and charge the flat $40 processing fee. By only charging only a "$5" fee, they make it seem like they are the poor guy. Ultimately, its up to the buyer to act or not.
Seems like we need to find something to complain about even if it’s a good thing. Lol. I trust they are not getting rich off this so no big deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: OsidePunker

You are talking about someone making $41 potential profit, yet people are buying these and trying to mark them up triple+ to sell them HERE in the marketplace subforum. I find someone making $41 trival, but someone trying to make triple the price "icky":

(asked $1000)

(asking $900)

(asked $1000)

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. If you mean shipping the hard case with CCS1/J1772 adapters inside without putting it in a box, I'd say no.

Amazon shipped the hard case enclosed in just a plastic bag and inside a plastic shipping envelope. That was OK since the case is very light at 6.6 oz.

However, the CCS1 adapter alone weighs 28.8 oz (1.8 lbs) and if that is in the case then I'd ship it in a shipping box instead of an envelope.

Also, although I didn't notice any rattles, you do have the plastic of the CCS1 adapter rubbing against the plastic of the J1772 adapter. So if they are both in the case I'd suggest putting the J1772 adapter in a plastic bag or wrapping it with something if you think the case is going to be jarred a lot. For me, I'll probably just keep the J1772 adapter where I had it before; in the soft case the Tesla mobile charger comes in (well, Tesla doesn't include that anymore).

And before someone asks, the case does not fit in the Model Y glovebox when closed. The CCS1 adapter just fits because one side is tapered and narrow enough to fit a bit in the back of the glovebox. The case is the same on all sides and can't get as deep into the glovebox in order to close it.
Sorry, bad dictation. Can you ZIP the case closed with both adapters inside.

Hard case from Amazon

Here are some photos:

View attachment 800611View attachment 800612View attachment 800614View attachment 800615View attachment 800616
I was not going to bother with getting a case for mine until I saw the pictures of how well yours fit in this case... and you mentioned that it was cheap :) I just placed and order for this case for mine.

Keith

Hard case from Amazon

Here are some photos:

Looks like the CCS1 adapter fits perfectly, thanks for trying it out. I might get this case to keep mine in. If I wanted to keep the J1772 adapter together I would try one of the other 2 cases I suggested.

Thanks for giving me confidence to place the order fellas!!!

Skimmed through the first 15 pages but - I paid via PayPal with my Amex (better protection than PayPal’s buyer protection) and then I switch my Tesla account password after I receive shipping confirmation from Harumio?

Reactions: kayak1
Thanks for giving me confidence to place the order fellas!!!

Skimmed through the first 15 pages but - I paid via PayPal with my Amex (better protection than PayPal’s buyer protection) and then I switch my Tesla account password after I receive shipping confirmation from Harumio?
I'm not sure if that question has been answered. I recall someone saying Harumio might still need access to your Tesla account even after they order from Tesla in order to track the shipment.

In my case, I changed the password about two days after Harumio ordered the adapter from Tesla. It usually takes about four days for Harumio to receive the adapter so I changed the password back about two days before Harumio got the adapter.

So my guess is that you can change your password back right after your receive the email from Tesla in Korea that your order has been shipped. That would mean you can change it just a day or two after ordering from Harumio. If I'm wrong, then I guess Harumio would send you an email asking to give them access again which would cost you another day in the total process.

Has anybody actually changed their password back with no issues right after Tesla Korea shipped the adapter?

Reactions: jawnly211