Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: TriKKyOne
" o
Approx how long did it take for your process to go through with Harumio?

I ordered and paid last Thursday and got an email saying I will be updated.

Still checking my Tesla account and there’s no purchase history for the adapter. Emailed yesterday and got the same response that I will be emailed once there’s an update.

Just don’t want this to sell out hahaha

Thanks!
even Iam on same boat.. I was told order is placed and no update since last Thursday (05/05). Most of the people got adapter in around 12 days. It been 12 days since I paid the invoice but no update.

" o

even Iam on same boat.. I was told order is placed and no update since last Thursday (05/05). Most of the people got adapter in around 12 days. It been 12 days since I paid the invoice but no update.
Did you get an email from Tesla with the purchase information? Once they ship it via DHL you should get an email from them too...

You can try to login to the Korean Tesla website and see if the unit has been ordered too.

Reactions: jawnly211
FWIW, I purchased last Wednesday and got my DHL notice today.

I got an email from Tesla Korea on 5/4 saying the order was placed. it won't show up in your N. American account... I switched it to Korean and the part indeed showed up in my "past orders".
I didn’t know this before. I was looking on NA order page. When I switched to Tesla SK I found the order. Not to worry just wait for DHL tracking

Attachments

• EDF93751-67F5-46D2-B874-08C4EC9B1FB1.jpeg
    EDF93751-67F5-46D2-B874-08C4EC9B1FB1.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 109
It is possible to order from Tesla's Korean page if you aren't in Korea. I did it and used Delivered Korea | Shop Korea, Ship Worldwide | Free Korean Address for a local shipping address who then shipped it to me. I received it last week. It's a bit more work than Harumio, but you don't have to give out your Tesla login info.
Well, that's essentially the same as Harumio, using a third party to provide a local Korean address. It's kind of like those guys that provide a '.edu' address so you can get educational discounts on various products and services.

Approx how long did it take for your process to go through with Harumio?

I ordered and paid last Thursday and got an email saying I will be updated.

Still checking my Tesla account and there’s no purchase history for the adapter. Emailed yesterday and got the same response that I will be emailed once there’s an update.

Just don’t want this to sell out hahaha

Thanks!
Not sure but there might be something wrong with your order.

I got the invoice from Harumio last night about 10PM local time. I paid the invoice a few minutes later.

About 3 hours after that I received an email from Tesla Korea confirming the order.

Not sure but there might be something wrong with your order.

I got the invoice from Harumio last night about 10PM local time. I paid the invoice a few minutes later.

About 3 hours after that I received an email from Tesla Korea confirming the order.

I checked Tesla Korea account and no order. But the adapter is in my cart.

Order history blank

Never got an email.

Just emailed him for him to “double check” since his past two emails told me it’s been ordered.

Story of my life - nothing comes easy.

Reactions: KJD

Got it. Trouble is, there are no details and no way to verify the story (based on what is displayed). I'm not saying it is untrue. We just don't know (as opposed to posts on TMC with details, screenshots, and followup info). I'd be cautiously skeptical. (Of course when has anyone on Reddit not been 100% truthful? :))

I received my CCS1 adapter for my MS via Harumio, about 10 days start to finish. I decided to order another one for my wife's MY. This time when I emailed them to get an invoice, instead I got a reply that said, 'you can order via this link now'. That link went to their main site where they have the adapter listed for sale. I ordered and paid with Paypal, but didn't have to give them my Tesla account password. Perhaps their system is sophisticated enough to have retained the one I gave them before? I emailed a question about it, since I have in the meantime reverted to my normal password. I'll update this with their reply, which will either confirm they no longer need the password, or will request that I supply it again (which will be needed if they try to use the former one).
Anyone else who has ordered very recently with Harumio can comment.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and 101dals
I received my CCS1 adapter for my MS via Harumio, about 10 days start to finish. I decided to order another one for my wife's MY. This time when I emailed them to get an invoice, instead I got a reply that said, 'you can order via this link now'. That link went to their main site where they have the adapter listed for sale. I ordered and paid with Paypal, but didn't have to give them my Tesla account password. Perhaps their system is sophisticated enough to have retained the one I gave them before? I emailed a question about it, since I have in the meantime reverted to my normal password. I'll update this with their reply, which will either confirm they no longer need the password, or will request that I supply it again (which will be needed if they try to use the former one).
Interesting. I have NOT ordered from them but looks like I can just order off their site. May go ahead and do that. $309 or $332 with case, including shipping.

What is the over / under on Tesla releasing this adapter in the US? End of June?

Nobody knows. What we do know is it was first mentioned sometime last October. Then it was announced to be available in Korea. After that, various mentions that it should becoming to the US *soon*.

Personally, I think it will be sometime shortly as small shipments from Korean export companies get larger by the day. Tesla North America is going to take notice and decide to release it just to stop the imports.

Last edited:

That’s exactly how my transaction went down. Paid via PayPal through a link that goes to his homepage. I supplied account and password in an email after I made the payment.

Once again, nothing in my Tesla account (Tesla Korea webpage) about an order confirmation. And no email from Tesla, yet he insisted in two subsequent emails that it’s been ordered and I will receive delivery details when he gets it.

This time difference is killing me as he will respond 4am pacific time and by the time I reply, it’s already night in Korea.

To everyone: We are all seeing significantly different lengths of time--e.g., 6-14 days--for shipment from Harumio to North America (say the US).

I think (but do not know) that this depends in part on weekends, down-time at various shipment hubs like airports and shipping company facilities, and (of course) the location of the final destination.

Some clever person could probably figure out the best time and day-of-the-week to ask for an invoice or to make the payment, but otherwise it is probably just the luck of the draw. Some people get lucky with incredibly short deliveries (probably because all the pieces fall into place in a timely fashion). For others it takes longer.

For example for my 12-day (purchase-to-delivery) experience, after leaving Seoul the package first went to LA, then to San Francisco, and then to Sacramento, before being put on a van for delivery. At each place there was some level of down-time, depending on when the next flight was scheduled to the particular place it had to go. If it missed a connection at one place, it had to wait for the next scheduled flight, which might not be until the next day.

Bottom-line? Patience is required.

*****​

I've read comments that some people expect this "Golden Age" of ordering the CCS1 adapter to end soon--ostensibly because Tesla will "get wise" and put a stop to it. Could be. Meanwhile it is very interesting to see how Harumio's online distribution mechanism, for example, is rapidly evolving to handle purchasing and shipping--how it is ever easier to order the adapter, and now other Tesla-related items. Some have speculated that Tesla is already wise to the whole thing and may even be consciously playing a part in this back-door distribution. Don't know about that. But this "pirate" process is getting adapters into the hands of those (relatively few, I guess) impatient North American customers that need and want them now, and with seemingly very little liability on Tesla's part should anything go wrong. (For example, Tesla doesn't have to worry about people whose cars do not work with the adapter. "That's entirely on you," Tesla would be able to say.)

Last edited: