Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this may seem obvious but I'll mention it anyway.

For those of you that have ordered, paid and have not yet seen the email from Tesla Korea with the invoice:
  • Do you have multi-factor authentication (MFA) enabled on your Tesla account?
  • Did you supply your account username/password AND one of the unused single-use backup tokens from the Tesla MFA setup?
You should get 10 backup codes from Telsa's MFA site, try opening a Private/Incognito browser window and use the same information you sent to Harum.io (use a different single-use code, make sure the one you gave them is in your list). Assuming this works, they should be able to order on your behalf. If not, confirm your password, get a new list of backup codes and try again.

Note: that while it's never a great idea to share credentials the single-use tokens prevent changing of passwords or profile information since that requires an additional token (and you hopefully only sent one).

If you don't have MFA enabled, it's still a good idea to try the Private/Incognito browser to test the information you provided. Oh and you should really consider enabling MFA, cause the protections against changing your password or account info is trivial without MFA.

I received my CCS1 adapter for my MS via Harumio, about 10 days start to finish. I decided to order another one for my wife's MY. This time when I emailed them to get an invoice, instead I got a reply that said, 'you can order via this link now'. That link went to their main site where they have the adapter listed for sale. I ordered and paid with Paypal, but didn't have to give them my Tesla account password. Perhaps their system is sophisticated enough to have retained the one I gave them before? I emailed a question about it, since I have in the meantime reverted to my normal password. I'll update this with their reply, which will either confirm they no longer need the password, or will request that I supply it again (which will be needed if they try to use the former one).
Anyone else who has ordered very recently with Harumio can comment.

I found the link on their site and it says it doesn’t need your log in anymore. So I ordered one. This will be handy. When I go visit my parent there is an EA charger down the road, but the Supercharger is about 10 miles away.

Reactions: WyomingEV
I don’t know when it was implemented, but it seems you can navigate to EVGo stations and the battery will pre-heat for you (it used to be you have to fool it by selecting a supercharger station). Electrify America stations don’t show up though.

It may be possible these are the EVGo stations with the Tesla connector as the third handle (CCS1 and CHAdeMO are the other two).

Maybe in the future we may be able to “tell” the car we have the CCS1 adapter and more stations will show up.

Did you get an email from Tesla with the purchase information? Once they ship it via DHL you should get an email from them too...

You can try to login to the Korean Tesla website and see if the unit has been ordered too.
I just got email from them with tracking number in it. I verified this morning through tesla account and switch to Tesla Korea . I see there is an order. I posted the picture earlier today.

To everyone: We are all seeing significantly different lengths of time--e.g., 6-14 days--for shipment from Harumio to North America (say the US).

I think (but do not know) that this depends in part on weekends, down-time at various shipment hubs like airports and shipping company facilities, and (of course) the location of the final destination.

Some clever person could probably figure out the best time and day-of-the-week to ask for an invoice or to make the payment, but otherwise it is probably just the luck of the draw. Some people get lucky with incredibly short deliveries (probably because all the pieces fall into place in a timely fashion). For others it takes longer.

For example for my 12-day (purchase-to-delivery) experience, after leaving Seoul the package first went to LA, then to San Francisco, and then to Sacramento, before being put on a van for delivery. At each place there was some level of down-time, depending on when the next flight was scheduled to the particular place it had to go. If it missed a connection at one place, it had to wait for the next scheduled flight, which might not be until the next day.

Bottom-line? Patience is required.

*****​

I've read comments that some people expect this "Golden Age" of ordering the CCS1 adapter to end soon--ostensibly because Tesla will "get wise" and put a stop to it. Could be. Meanwhile it is very interesting to see how Harumio's online distribution mechanism, for example, is rapidly evolving to handle purchasing and shipping--how it is ever easier to order the adapter, and now other Tesla-related items. Some have speculated that Tesla is already wise to the whole thing and may even be consciously playing a part in this back-door distribution. Don't know about that. But this "pirate" process is getting adapters into the hands of those (relatively few, I guess) impatient North American customers that need and want them now, and with seemingly very little liability on Tesla's part should anything go wrong. (For example, Tesla doesn't have to worry about people whose cars do not work with the adapter. "That's entirely on you," Tesla would be able to say.)
Obviously lot of people will have concerns since they are risking around $300 (may be not for some people). Agree with you that most people doesn’t take weekends into account and weekend time plays a key role and how you respond to them to pay and provide details.

In my case I delayed 1 day for each step. I guess most people who ordered from this group are using for themselves rather than selling on eBay by making money.

I received my CCS1 adapter for my MS via Harumio, about 10 days start to finish. I decided to order another one for my wife's MY. This time when I emailed them to get an invoice, instead I got a reply that said, 'you can order via this link now'. That link went to their main site where they have the adapter listed for sale. I ordered and paid with Paypal, but didn't have to give them my Tesla account password. Perhaps their system is sophisticated enough to have retained the one I gave them before? I emailed a question about it, since I have in the meantime reverted to my normal password. I'll update this with their reply, which will either confirm they no longer need the password, or will request that I supply it again (which will be needed if they try to use the former one).
Anyone else who has ordered very recently with Harumio can comment.
I can confirm that Harumio isn't requiring a Tesla account password now. Harumio confirmed that they don't need one now via a email to me when I asked.

Reactions: Daekwan
All is well in the world

Just got text from DHL with tracking

So I guess he does not need your Tesla login any more to order the adapter. Even though he requested it from me and I emailed him - even asked me not to change password yet - it worked out in the end. Guess that explains why I never saw the transaction in the purchase history.

I don’t know when it was implemented, but it seems you can navigate to EVGo stations and the battery will pre-heat for you (it used to be you have to fool it by selecting a supercharger station). Electrify America stations don’t show up though.

It may be possible these are the EVGo stations with the Tesla connector as the third handle (CCS1 and CHAdeMO are the other two).

Maybe in the future we may be able to “tell” the car we have the CCS1 adapter and more stations will show up.
I noticed this too when I went to a local EVGo. Turns out it had the Tesla adapter too. Not many 350kW EVGo stations out there. Electrify America is the best option in USA for fast DC charging. In Canada, Petro-Canada has 350kW stations along highway 1 across Canada.

Picked up my Harumio-shipped adapter yesterday. Tried to test it out at an EA station last night, but I was stupid and didn't know how to properly connect it (plugged adapter in car first, then tried plugging in the CCS plug...turns out you should plug it into the CCS plughead, THEN plug into the car). I was in a rush so couldn't stay to troubleshoot.
ccs1 2.jpg
PXL_20220510_195438762.jpg

Picked up my Harumio-shipped adapter yesterday. Tried to test it out at an EA station last night, but I was stupid and didn't know how to properly connect it (plugged adapter in car first, then tried plugging in the CCS plug...turns out you should plug it into the CCS plughead, THEN plug into the car). I was in a rush so couldn't stay to troubleshoot.
View attachment 802925View attachment 802929
How much was the original price in Korea?

View attachment 802925View attachment 802929
from my past experience with EA on CCS connector vehicles
1) Authorize from EA app before we do anything outside at the cabinet. Once it is authorized then go to step 2.
2) now plug the adapter to CCS plug and then plug to CAR (this is for Tesla)

Just ordered without needing to provide account access. I got an immediate email acknowledging the order and a link to click which took me to an order page where I was able to activate SMS updates for the shipping status. It says 7-10 days shipping.