Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the ccs unit only on 5/12 and have only gotten the order confirmation generated by the website. My credit card was charged instantly. I’ll sent an email to them about 20 minutes ago asking if there are any issues.
I ordered the ccs unit only on 5/11. Got the email that order is confirmed, cc was charged, but have not heard anything since.

Reactions: Daekwan
To anyone that ordered via the direct link, without providing account credentials, have you gotten an update? Ordered, with the case, on may 10th and haven't gotten anything other than the original order confirmation email.
I ordered on the 10th as well, but without the case. It was shipped yesterday and landed in Cincinnati this morning. Tracking says it won't get to Idaho for a week, but I suspect it will be sooner.

May 8 (Sunday night): Placed order and paid (legacy method using Tesla Acct)
May 9 (2AM): Tesla email confirming order
May 12: DHL Shipment Confirmation
May 16: Delivered (DHL)

Tested it last night. Unfortunately the EA 350kW handles seemed to be borked, so had to move to a 150kW. Staring SOC was 50%, charge started at 120kW and then quickly dropped to 90s then high 80s. I only left it connected til I got to 60% but seems to work fine. Nice to have options on road trips.

Tried to edit my post above. No luck. Here's a few photos of the adapter:

Seems like a standard Tesla product.
yQOv2av.jpg

Just a "simple" interface between plugs.

ot5sSDq.jpg

I ordered 5/12/22 . I emailed harumio and they replied they have ordered the css adapter from Tesla and are waiting to receive it. I'll get a shipping notice once harumio sends the item to me. With the new way of ordering (not providing your credentials) we just need to be a lil more patient. Previoulsy people could see the progress by logging in to their Tesla account..etcc..

To anyone that ordered via the direct link, without providing account credentials, have you gotten an update? Ordered, with the case, on may 10th and haven't gotten anything other than the original order confirmation email.
I also ordered on 5/10 night (PDT) and other than the confirmation email, didn't have any email regarding shipping/tracking...

New challenge (contest) waiting to see the first HV charge accomplished. Seems like 150kw has been the norm though excited to see the first post qualifying a 300 plus charge.

Since the CCS standard maxes out at 500 amps, the fastest charge rate you will see on a Model Y or Model 3 is 188 KW.... not sure about a model S or model X.

Keith

Since the CCS standard maxes out at 500 amps, the fastest charge rate you will see on a Model Y or Model 3 is 188 KW.... not sure about a model S or model X.

Keith
Thanks for pointing this out.

I believe someone else also pointed out that even with CCS 500A vs a V3 Supercharger, the charging curve of the battery drops so quickly.. it would literally save you a maximum of about 36 seconds on the 3/Y. It means the max rate on CCS vs max rate on V3 Supercharger.. expect the car to charge no more than about 1 minute faster using the V3 Supercharger.

The primary thing to keep in mind is that:
  • V2 Superchargers will share (split) charging rates and drop to 75kW max
  • CCS chargers are often cheaper
  • CCS chargers may be closer
  • CCS chargers may not have a line of vehicles waiting to charge

Last edited: