Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that the input voltage is 480V AC, +/- 15%. The output voltage can be 250V to 750V DC.

134kW / 360A = 372V DC
The output voltage available at a +500V CCS charger is almost always going to peak voltage capability of 920V or higher, depending on the equipment specs.

For the Model 3 or Y a peak charging power voltage of about 372V at ~135 kW is very believable on a 150 kW CCS charger. On a 350 kW charger capable of 500A you could see up to ~185 kW for several minutes. The new refreshed 2022 Model S and X have a higher pack voltage design and so a peak charging power voltage for them is going to be around 425V at ~150 kW at 350 kW chargers limited to 350A or ~210 kW at 350 kW chargers capable of 500A.

The output voltage available at a +500V CCS charger is almost always going to peak voltage capability of 920V or higher, depending on the equipment specs.

For the Model 3 or Y a peak charging power voltage of about 372V at ~135 kW is very believable on a 150 kW CCS charger. On a 350 kW charger capable of 500A you could see up to ~185 kW for several minutes. The new refreshed 2022 Model S and X have a higher pack voltage design and so a peak charging power voltage for them is going to be around 425V at ~150 kW at 350 kW chargers limited to 350A or ~210 kW at 350 kW chargers capable of 500A.
So in round numbers expect a charging voltage of 400VDC +/- 7%

Could you clear up where my math is wrong? I'm trying to determine how you are getting your amps numbers.

For example, at the 150kW CCS, you said you were provided a max of 360amps, which gave you a peak charge of 134kW. What voltage are you using to get that 360 amp number? Whether I use 480 Volts or 440 volts for the charger, the numbers don't add up? (134,000/480 = 279 amps, or 134,000/440 = 304amps, or.... 150,000/480 = 312amps, 150,000/440 = 341amps.).....I can't ever get the 360amp number?

Why would you used 480 volts or 440 volts? Where did you get those numbers from? Is that the AC input voltage to some of the available chargers?

I used the data from Scan my Tesla... and here is the math as well... The peak charging rate was at 44% SOC, at 44% SOC battery pack voltage is 382 volts DC, at that point the car was accepting 351 amps (tapered down a bit from the peak of 360 amps)... 351 * 382 = 134,082 watts, 134 KW. I have charts of the charging current for all of my charging sessions as well as pack voltage and the direct reading of KW into the battery... the math works great.

Keith

Why would you used 480 volts or 440 volts? Where did you get those numbers from? Is that the AC input voltage to some of the available chargers?

I used the data from Scan my Tesla... and here is the math as well... The peak charging rate was at 44% SOC, at 44% SOC battery pack voltage is 382 volts DC, at that point the car was accepting 351 amps (tapered down a bit from the peak of 360 amps)... 351 * 382 = 134,082 watts, 134 KW. I have charts of the charging current for all of my charging sessions as well as pack voltage and the direct reading of KW into the battery... the math works great.

Keith
Ok...that makes more sense. You are using the instantaneous voltage of the battery pack at a certain SOC, and at the given charging kwh, you can get amperage. And you got that data from scan my tesla app. I was just getting my info from -> supercharger voltage - Google Search

I did end up placing an order through Harumio. It's now $309 inclusive so minus the actual adapter price of $240ish the service and shipping combined is just over $60. I do have a friend in SK but not really saving much there to order myself plus friend still need to do leg work so decided to just give the reputable service provide some business :)
There’s a Reddit thread about using delivered.co.kr which is what i used. Cost me a total around $270 but I had to use google translate and place the order myself. Think it was 11 days from order to my house.

Well, DHL just said it is out for delivery by the end of today. Originally set for next Tuesday delivery. Looks like Harumio use 2 days shipping?

Keep in mind

DHL requires a signature for international deliveries

You could go into your DHL account using your tracking updates and switch it to waive the signature, but if they can not access your building, they will attempt to redeliver

This happened to me as I was not home - so I had to redirected to a DHL Dropbox location and picked it up there instead

Reactions: jsight and Prost
I did end up placing an order through Harumio. It's now $309 inclusive so minus the actual adapter price of $240ish the service and shipping combined is just over $60. I do have a friend in SK but not really saving much there to order myself plus friend still need to do leg work so decided to just give the reputable service provide some business :)
The $60-70 is totally fair and even quite cheap IMO. The J1172 adapter is about the equiv of $48 on the KR site, and $50 on the US site. So, it might be a good assumption that when the CCS adapter is avail here, it'd be around the same of ~$240, but then we'd have to add sales tax... which will bring it to $260-70. I also did a quick quote on the dhl site and the KR->US rate was >$200! I know that's retail and they surely get much better rate, but I'd guess it can't be < $20-30... So I'd say a $20-40 profit for them is more than reasonable.

Mine gets here 5/24 like many others mentioned here...

Well, DHL just said it is out for delivery by the end of today. Originally set for next Tuesday delivery. Looks like Harumio use 2 days shipping?
I’ve been closely tracking mine (ordered on Wednesday the 11th last week) which may have been sent out on the same plane as yours.

The flight from Seoul arrived in Los Angeles just before midnight Wednesday night and was cleared out of customs inspection just before 6am this morning. You appear to be in SoCal according to your TMC profile so it makes sense that it’s out for delivery now. I’m in SF so it’s probably on a truck today and I will get it Monday (was estimated originally as Tuesday).

Reactions: Prost
mine arrived earlier in the week (one day early!) Luckily I logged onto DHL's site an waived the signature, since I was not around at the time it showed up. Arrive in excellent order, sealed and everything.

I tested it at an EA station earlier today and it took on the first try. Pulled ~120 but quickly dropped to around 100 in the 4 minutes I charged at around 50% SOC. Only complaint is around EA and the almost 1 minute it took for the handshake, etc. and the charging session to start. Supercharged have most certainly spoiled me. I found it easiest to plug the adapter into the CCS cord, and that into the Tesla vs. the other way around.

Reactions: Jeff N
The $60-70 is totally fair and even quite cheap IMO. The J1172 adapter is about the equiv of $48 on the KR site, and $50 on the US site. So, it might be a good assumption that when the CCS adapter is avail here, it'd be around the same of ~$240, but then we'd have to add sales tax... which will bring it to $260-70. I also did a quick quote on the dhl site and the KR->US rate was >$200! I know that's retail and they surely get much better rate, but I'd guess it can't be < $20-30... So I'd say a $20-40 profit for them is more than reasonable.

Mine gets here 5/24 like many others mentioned here...
I kinda figured if I were to ask my friend to ship it for me (and I order it myself from Tesla) it might be more expensive to ship FedEx or DHL.

Also now to think of it, while the "new" method of not requiring account info is more convenient and more secure, it allows the vendor to use non genuine parts as he can technically source it from anywhere! (or he could make much greater profit if he has connection to the manufacturer of the adapter somehow).

Has anyone already received the adapter ordering using the "new" method yet?

I kinda figured if I were to ask my friend to ship it for me (and I order it myself from Tesla) it might be more expensive to ship FedEx or DHL.

Also now to think of it, while the "new" method of not requiring account info is more convenient and more secure, it allows the vendor to use non genuine parts as he can technically source it from anywhere! (or he could make much greater profit if he has connection to the manufacturer of the adapter somehow).

Yes. I did not provide access to my account and received shipment already.

Reactions: chyuan
yes, but it's a reputational hit that would preclude him taking advantage of the next opportunity. Or so long as it still delivers the amps, does anyone care? It's a power adapter.

Reactions: Yelobird

see this post from Harumio's now closed account: CCS Adapter for North America It appears that you can order multiple units under 1 account, and maybe they've found someone to "collaborate" with them in return for some "profit sharing/commission". I wonder how long before T gets wind and shuts it down? Or are they closing one eye? But it does speak to Harumio's integrity that they have not used a login provided the old way to order multiple units. (Has anyone who ordered the old way noticed more than 1 unit ordered in your T account?)

I quickly looked through the last 10 pages and didn't find an answer. Apologies in advance if I missed it. I would like to know the following:

1. Where are folks purchasing the Tesla OEM CCS adapter? Is the vendor Harumio?
2. How do I find out if my vehicle is CCS enabled?

Thanks.

I quickly looked through the last 10 pages and didn't find an answer. Apologies in advance if I missed it. I would like to know the following:

1. Where are folks purchasing the Tesla OEM CCS adapter? Is the vendor Harumio?
2. How do I find out if my vehicle is CCS enabled?

Thanks.
1. Yes Harumio works well
2. From the center console in the car
Controls
Software
Additional Vehicle Information
CCS Adapter Support : Enabled

1. Yes Harumio works well
2. From the center console in the car
Controls
Software
Additional Vehicle Information
CCS Adapter Support : Enabled

Thank you. Is the adapter Harumio selling OEM? Also, I read in a few posts Harumio is asking for Tesla log-in credentials. Is that still correct? I see on their website in the FAQs they are claiming this is not the case.