Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Must be a US thing as I have never seen a dryer plug in a garage in Canada or at least in my neck of the woods that is. Is it common to have dryers in the garage in the US or is this just a standard plug so one has access to 220v in the garage?
In my new house the laundry room is right next to the garage and back entry door. It is close enough that when we first moved in to the house, I used the mobile connector in the dryer outlet and ran it out the door to the car. It was very close to the end of the cord but it did work for a couple weeks until I could get the wall charger installed in the garage.

Reactions: jsight
I think it's a Mid-West thing, but around me in So. Calif. they are all gas and in the pantry, never the garage. No 10-30 or 14-30 in garages here that I know of?
There’s quite a few new developments I’ve seen that have absolutely no gas lines throughout the entire community, so everything has to be electric. Maybe its because of regulation or distance from the nearest gas resources. Electric stove, electric clothes dryers, electric gas ovens, etc. These houses have 14-30 receptacles in garages and kitchens, where those appliances would go.

Nice to just have the Option to charge at different places just in case. My charge stash is: Tesla Home Wall Connector 48amps, Mobile Connector W/ 50' 20amp extension cord, NEMA 6-15, 6-20, 14-50, J1772, TT-30, & Tesla CCS 1 Combo adapters, Tesla, EVgo, ElectrifyAmerica & ChargPoint accounts/Apps. Any other good suggestions to add to the stash? 🤣

View attachment 809029
Shell Recharge (aka Greenlots) seems to be growing lately. They might be useful to add. I've also occasionally run across Blink, but I've never been near one of their DCFC that was actually usefully placed.

• Informative
Reactions: CaptUAL
Nice to just have the Option to charge at different places just in case. My charge stash is: Tesla Home Wall Connector 48amps, Mobile Connector W/ 50' 20amp extension cord, NEMA 6-15, 6-20, 14-50, J1772, TT-30, & Tesla CCS 1 Combo adapters, Tesla, EVgo, ElectrifyAmerica & ChargPoint accounts/Apps. Any other good suggestions to add to the stash? 🤣

View attachment 809029

NEMA 5-20 adapter, I've used at several places / hotels on the road. It's a big improvement over 5-15 where you can almost overnight charge with it 12-20 hours and common enough that I'm always checking at places we stay.

I've used this once, was cool to use it. It was at a resort that had bus parking for events
(SS2-50 / CS6365) Adapter

• Informative
Reactions: jsight and CaptUAL
NEMA 5-20 adapter, I've used at several places / hotels on the road. It's a big improvement over 5-15 where you can almost overnight charge with it 12-20 hours and common enough that I'm always checking at places we stay.

I've used this once, was cool to use it. It was at a resort that had bus parking for events
(SS2-50 / CS6365) Adapter
Yup-my bad….I do have the 5-20, not 6-20. But the locking shore power adapter looks cool👍

Reactions: jsight
But the locking shore power adapter looks cool👍
Sure does however still have no figured out hot to get my Tesla onto the dock! I have been boating all my life and presently my boat is connected to the shore power 50a pedestal. That being said I have never seen Marina shore power that would be attainable by shore. Maybe there are some but they must be pretty rare.

Sure does however still have no figured out hot to get my Tesla onto the dock! I have been boating all my life and presently my boat is connected to the shore power 50a pedestal. That being said I have never seen Marina shore power that would be attainable by shore. Maybe there are some but they must be pretty rare.
I Have plans for shore power adapter....🤣🤣

3xMqX4iZhRtquE8wupGkY5-1024-80.png.jpeg

Just this moment ordered the CCS-1 and the Harumio S3XY case. (Friday 5/27 3:30pm ET). It's Saturday over in Korea right now so I'm expecting a slight delay before they see and fulfill the order, so I'm NOT expecting the type of 7-day turnaround that others have seen. Lol. When it gets here I'll update.

$309 for the CCS-1 Adapter
$25 Add'l for the Case (the case is $45 if ordered standalone ( LINKY )

$334.00 total, shipping included, no tax. Paid via PayPal, did NOT have to provide any Tesla account info.

Here's what the case looks like, if anyone's interested:

CCS Case 3.jpgCCS Case 2.jpgCCS Case 1.jpg

Placed Harumio order 5/19, got shipping notice 5/25, and DHL estimate delivery 5/31. Actual delivery 5/27!
They must have run dry- I ordered 5/20. Sent them a chat inquiry asking if order had shipped yet. Got this:

New messages from Harumio​

Hi there. Upon checking, we are still waiting for the item to arrive at our warehouse. As soon as it arrives, our team will ship your order and you will be sent a confirmation email with a tracking number. From the date you place your order with us, it normally takes between 4-10 working days to receive your item in our warehouse from the supplier. For most countries, we use DHL Worldwide Express or FedEx to ship out the order. The average transit time then is 5-7 working days. Hope this clarifies. Thank you for your kind patience.

Just this moment ordered the CCS-1 and the Harumio S3XY case. (Friday 5/27 3:30pm ET). It's Saturday over in Korea right now so I'm expecting a slight delay before they see and fulfill the order, so I'm NOT expecting the type of 7-day turnaround that others have seen. Lol. When it gets here I'll update.

$309 for the CCS-1 Adapter
$25 Add'l for the Case (the case is $45 if ordered standalone ( LINKY )

$334.00 total, shipping included, no tax. Paid via PayPal, did NOT have to provide any Tesla account info.

Here's what the case looks like, if anyone's interested:

View attachment 809518View attachment 809519View attachment 809520
I neglected to notice that the case is a preorder and they're gonna wait until both items are ready before shipping. So delivery will be 7-10 days after a date in the first week of June:

NOTE CCS1 Adapter Case: Pre-order. Shipping will start in the first week of June 2022 onwards. If you have a preorder item in an order with another item that is already available, your entire order will be shipped together when the preorder item arrives and is in stock. Items will not be shipped separately within the same order number.

Reactions: TMYB-C1
They must have run dry- I ordered 5/20. Sent them a chat inquiry asking if order had shipped yet. Got this:

New messages from Harumio​

Hi there. Upon checking, we are still waiting for the item to arrive at our warehouse. As soon as it arrives, our team will ship your order and you will be sent a confirmation email with a tracking number. From the date you place your order with us, it normally takes between 4-10 working days to receive your item in our warehouse from the supplier. For most countries, we use DHL Worldwide Express or FedEx to ship out the order. The average transit time then is 5-7 working days. Hope this clarifies. Thank you for your kind patience.
I ordered on 5/20 but at about 3am in the morning (couldn’t sleep) - might have gotten the ”last one”.

Ordered May 20th from Canada, did not have to provide any Tesla account info, received shipping notice May 27th, DHL estimate delivery June 1st.

309USD for the CCS-1 Adapter
No case.

Right after placing the order I’ve received an email from Harumio asking me if I agree to pay the importation fees/custom fees since I am in Canada.
I’ve answered that I agree.

For anyone from Canada thinking to order the here is price in CAD (based on the exchange rate at the moment of the transaction):
407CAD for the CCS-1 Adapter
77CAD for the Duty and/or Tax and Customs Clearance Service Charges

Useful thread with good information here.

Ordered the CCS adapter May 12 (no info needed), ordered the case May 22. There wasn't any case available when I initially ordered the adapter so bought it when it got listed on their site.
Received both May 27. I think they held onto my adapter to ship in one package.
Pretty quick for the case honestly probably because they had it in stock or had just received them.

Honestly case is very expensive. If you can, buy the Amazon ones for much cheaper. I'm sure those are just fine.
This case fits both adapters perfectly with their cutouts so I like that part of it.

Here's a picture with both adapters in the case with their respective cut outs. There's someone on one of the facebook groups that posted pictures of his already too. I'm sure more people will be receiving theirs soon.

Attachments

• CCS.jpg
    CCS.jpg
    811.4 KB · Views: 70