Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my CCS-1 adapter from Harumio (no Tesla account information needed) on May 20, got a shipment notice on May 27 for delivery on June 1. So far a painless experience.
Ordered the CCS1 adapter from Harumio on 5/22… checked last night and got this message:

Upon checking, we are still waiting for the item to arrive at our warehouse.
As soon as it arrives, our team will ship your order and you will be sent a confirmation email with a tracking number.
From the date you place your order with us, it normally takes between 4-10 working days to receive your item in our warehouse from the supplier.
For most countries, we use DHL Worldwide Express or FedEx to ship out the order.
The average transit time then is 5-7 working days.

Must have just missed the boat by a day or two haha… oh well

Useful thread with good information here.

Ordered the CCS adapter May 12 (no info needed), ordered the case May 22. There wasn't any case available when I initially ordered the adapter so bought it when it got listed on their site.
Received both May 27. I think they held onto my adapter to ship in one package.
Pretty quick for the case honestly probably because they had it in stock or had just received them.

Honestly case is very expensive. If you can, buy the Amazon ones for much cheaper. I'm sure those are just fine.
This case fits both adapters perfectly with their cutouts so I like that part of it.

Here's a picture with both adapters in the case with their respective cut outs. There's someone on one of the facebook groups that posted pictures of his already too. I'm sure more people will be receiving theirs soon.
You should have asked them to add the case to the order. They did that for me for $25 instead of the $45

Reading all these purchases of the CCS adapter you'd think Tesla North America would take the hint and offer these units for sale here.

Just sayin'...

Rich
Just my opinion but unlike Europe where they have limited Tesla infrastructure and require such freedom in the US providing a solution to use (fund) someone else’s charging station doesn’t seem like a wise business model. Tesla Super charger revenue funds future super charger sites and growth.

Crossposting my post from the main Charging Infrastructure page, as it applies to the Model Y.
Charging curve using the CCS adapter tested at a "350 kW" / 500A EA DCFC station, 5% - 95%. ⚡

All comments regarding this should go in that thread for consistency, thanks!

Last edited:
Reading all these purchases of the CCS adapter you'd think Tesla North America would take the hint and offer these units for sale here.

Just sayin'...

Rich

I think they don't want to deal with the fact that not all MY's are CCS capable due to supply chain problems when they were built, let alone other models that were built before they started using CCS capable charge ports.

Keith

Reactions: zecar
Useful thread with good information here.

Ordered the CCS adapter May 12 (no info needed), ordered the case May 22. There wasn't any case available when I initially ordered the adapter so bought it when it got listed on their site.
Received both May 27. I think they held onto my adapter to ship in one package.
Pretty quick for the case honestly probably because they had it in stock or had just received them.

Honestly case is very expensive. If you can, buy the Amazon ones for much cheaper. I'm sure those are just fine. This case fits both adapters perfectly with their cutouts so I like that part of it.

You mention it's expensive. It that based on what you paid vs the build quality, or is it because you paid more (presumably, $45 v $25) because you ordered them individually rather than being able to bundle them?

I don't know. I might like things just the way they are...
I will just be interested probably in getting a Tesla one, or an equivalent one that can access the full juice available at whatever charger.

Do I remember you say you borrowed an adapter up at the reservation CCS chargers you used out in the middle no-supercharger land in central Idaho? I guess that is an option for me as well, as practically it is not something I will need all that often.

Some orders may slow a bit from S. Korea Tesla, due to Holidays: June 1=Election Day, June 6=Memorial Day. But ever since I bought the MSP in October 2021, I've been waiting for either Parts, Service Appointment or the next FSD Beta update.....so waiting is a by-product of Tesla ownership and just gives you something to look forward to. 🤣 Humm.... I wonder if the new Roadster will be CCS 1 or Tesla plug?😉

I will just be interested probably in getting a Tesla one, or an equivalent one that can access the full juice available at whatever charger.
The CCS adapter being sold in Korea is a genuine Tesla adapter, if you were thinking otherwise...

The main reason I can think of to wait for the CCS adapter to be sold here is that it will probably sell for a bit less, maybe $250 to $275 I would guess. I'd be surprised if there were any major change to it.

...I wonder if the new Roadster will be CCS 1 or Tesla plug?😉

That's an interesting question. The new Roadster will be the Tesla flagship, I guess. At it's asking price $200,000+?), in my mind it should come with all accessories and options--e.g., both TPC and CCS1 charge ports (or at least the CCS1 adapter thrown in), plus the Gen2 Mobile Connector Bundle.

That's an interesting question. The new Roadster will be the Tesla flagship, I guess. At it's asking price $200,000+?), in my mind it should come with all accessories and options--e.g., both TPC and CCS1 charge ports (or at least the CCS1 adapter thrown in), plus the Gen2 Mobile Connector Bundle.
And two screens, and passenger lumbar support, and track mode, and radar, and and and and……….

The CCS adapter being sold in Korea is a genuine Tesla adapter, if you were thinking otherwise...

The main reason I can think of to wait for the CCS adapter to be sold here is that it will probably sell for a bit less, maybe $250 to $275 I would guess. I'd be surprised if there were any major change to it.

Those of us active on the TMC forums are reasonably up-to-date with Tesla issues and news. However, is it possible that the average Tesla driver may not know much if anything about a North American CCS adapter--what it's used for, who makes it, et cetera? The majority of drivers charge at home and don't necessarily take long, out-of-town drives, I read. On the other hand, on average Tesla (and electric car, in general) owners might be expected to be more knowledgeable when it comes to technical and gadgetry stuff. It seems likely to me that at least one person in most Tesla households is up-to-speed on some of the more geeky issues.

As to an official release of the CCS1 adapter by Tesla in North America, yes we may or may not see a significant difference in price and/or features and specifications. It is conceivable that the relatively simple (straight passthrough?) design adapter could be, say, only $100-$150. Or completely re-designed. Who knows? As long as people keep ordering adapters from Korea, does Tesla even need to release it in North America? Certainly the pressue on Tesla must be lessened. No rush, now; right?

Those of us active on the TMC forums are reasonably up-to-date with Tesla issues and news. However, is it possible that the average Tesla driver may not know much if anything about a North American CCS adapter--what it's used for, who makes it, et cetera? The majority of drivers charge at home and don't necessarily take long, out-of-town drives, ....

Yes, I've observed that as well. I took my CCS adapter for a "show and tell" to a local meet and greet of Tesla folks just a week or so ago. I discovered that most of those there didn't use their Teslas for distance travel.

I was a bit surprised, but, to each their own.

Rich

PS
Sat June 4th heading out from southern AZ to Cape Cod. With my CCS adapter!

Those of us active on the TMC forums are reasonably up-to-date with Tesla issues and news. However, is it possible that the average Tesla driver may not know much if anything about a North American CCS adapter--what it's used for, who makes it, et cetera? The majority of drivers charge at home and don't necessarily take long, out-of-town drives, I read. On the other hand, on average Tesla (and electric car, in general) owners might be expected to be more knowledgeable when it comes to technical and gadgetry stuff. It seems likely to me that at least one person in most Tesla households is up-to-speed on some of the more geeky issues.

As to an official release of the CCS1 adapter by Tesla in North America, yes we may or may not see a significant difference in price and/or features and specifications. It is conceivable that the relatively simple (straight passthrough?) design adapter could be, say, only $100-$150. Or completely re-designed. Who knows? As long as people keep ordering adapters from Korea, does Tesla even need to release it in North America? Certainly the pressue on Tesla must be lessened. No rush, now; right?
No rush right now? I'd agree to that. But for a very short time.

I think the biggest advantage Tesla has is the charging network. But the other (CCS) networks are expanding pretty quickly. If I was the average Camry driver, range anxiety is the biggest roadblock to buying a BEV.

I can probably be convinced that I'm mostly charging at home and only worry on the road, I think the more stations I can get to the better. And I may not even understand that for my trip an L2 is worthless except to keep me from being stranded in an emergency. So I think many / most buyers will begin seeing Telsa charging as a problem, not a solution. Now if I can think that I can use the CCS AND Tesla chargers, now that makes me think "hey maybe a Tesla is the way to go"

Finally, what is the downside to making the CCS available here. I can't think of any.