Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Important: When you pull the CCS adapter out from the CCS plug, make sure you have a firm grasp of your adapter. After my second charge, there was so much friction that, when it finally came loose my adapter went flying onto the concrete. Resulted some minor scratch and dent but fortunately still functional.

Anecdotal experience from a east coast DCFC user that tried both EA and EVgo:

EA has less locations, and costs you slightly more (more on that later), but overall experience is better. Faster response, higher power charger, more charger per location, better app/interface.

EVgo has way more locations (almost 3 to 1), but usually only 2-4 ports per site, and majority of them are 50kw, prices you by the minute. If your car can handle less than 50kw, like the chevy bolt, EVgo is not price competitive for you. But this is TESLA motors club not bolt club.

Pulling 200kw from both companies' 350kw station is possible. Preheat your battery by navigating to the closest supercharger 10-15 minutes prior to arriving to the third party DCFC.
DJI_0007-0001.png
IMG_0494.jpeg
IMG_0641.jpeg

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me. They told me that the issue was it missed the flight over to the delivery state. It was delivered next day.
Sounds different. Mine supposedly arrived in NYC & cleared customs there on Friday, got to distribution Sunday. The distribution is about 27 miles away. I don't think it is getting any closer until they decide to delivery it. If it is something like your issue, their tracking is pretty bogus.

Ordered the CCS1 adapter from Harumio on 5/22… checked last night and got this message:

Upon checking, we are still waiting for the item to arrive at our warehouse.
As soon as it arrives, our team will ship your order and you will be sent a confirmation email with a tracking number.
From the date you place your order with us, it normally takes between 4-10 working days to receive your item in our warehouse from the supplier.
For most countries, we use DHL Worldwide Express or FedEx to ship out the order.
The average transit time then is 5-7 working days.

Must have just missed the boat by a day or two haha… oh well

Just got my delivery today (one day earlier than DHL said). Seamless transaction with Harumio. Can’t wait to try this out!

1654136475061.jpeg

1654136497009.jpeg

You'd have to do that manually, most use PlugShare for this.
Agreed that Plugshare is the best way to find CCS chargers. You can filter specifically for CCS making them easy to find and also seeing how powerful/fast they are.

Another thing I tend to do.. is looking for EA chargers first. As others have pointed out.. EA chargers are simpler & faster than other networks like EVGo. So I prioritize them over other networks. That said the entire point of the CCS1 adapter is to add convenience & redundancy to the Supercharger network. If EVGo or another CCS charger is closer to you.. and Plugshare says it's good to go.. then definitely use whatever fits your needs best in each charging scenario.

Attached a few pictures to show how to configure PlugShare to look for CCS. And also to show just how many DC fast chargers are located where I live. Many CCS chargers are free at bigger car dealerships.

Attachments

• 5984F25A-F56E-4DCC-8C62-C734722F3128.png
    5984F25A-F56E-4DCC-8C62-C734722F3128.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 6EC0AF50-A577-451D-B427-3CC154B224C7.png
    6EC0AF50-A577-451D-B427-3CC154B224C7.png
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 54
  • AAA17D72-2ACE-47E7-80CC-0490F4C1DB47.png
    AAA17D72-2ACE-47E7-80CC-0490F4C1DB47.png
    230 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
My apologies if this has been discussed in the previous 40 pages...

Do you know if you are able to subscribe to the Electrify America Pass+ plan just for a month and then cancel? When I take road trips, I'd have to charge almost 100% of the time during peak hours at $.58. It would be great to subscribe for the $.31/kwh plan just for the trip and then cancel it right after.

My apologies if this has been discussed in the previous 40 pages...

Do you know if you are able to subscribe to the Electrify America Pass+ plan just for a month and then cancel? When I take road trips, I'd have to charge almost 100% of the time during peak hours at $.58. It would be great to subscribe for the $.31/kwh plan just for the trip and then cancel it right after.
Yep, you can pay the $4 for the month and then immediately cancel ( you'll still have upgraded access for the month).

Yep, you can pay the $4 for the month and then immediately cancel ( you'll still have upgraded access for the month).
The break even point is 33.33 kWh. If you charge more than that in a month at EA, it makes sense to pay the $4.00 to get the lower $0.31/kWh rate.