Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a shipped notification.

Estimated Delivery Date
June, 07 2022 - By End of Day

It was delivered yesterday Monday, 2022-06-06.

Tested it out this morning at the Brooklyn Revel Superhub w/ a 74 kW/h CCS Charger, I navigated to a nearby SuperCharger and hit 74 kW/h for most of the charge, very Happy with the CCS adapter.

For those close to the Brooklyn Revel Superhub they had the CHAdeMO Adapater attached to those 74 kW/h plugs so you should be able to get these speeds without purchasing an adapter and at $0.39 kW/h its cheaper then the Tesla Super Chargers in NYC.

Attachments

• 8DC6B2AC-3F1C-4B7F-A57C-9CB42FB54743.jpeg
    8DC6B2AC-3F1C-4B7F-A57C-9CB42FB54743.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 3D020761-2350-4C9C-B969-728C20EB154F.jpeg
    3D020761-2350-4C9C-B969-728C20EB154F.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 60A427CD-BC3C-4BDD-A352-E191FC94171F.jpeg
    60A427CD-BC3C-4BDD-A352-E191FC94171F.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 58
For those close to the Brooklyn Revel Superhub they had the CHAdeMO Adapater attached to those 74 kW/h plugs so you should be able to get these speeds without purchasing an adapter and at $0.39 kW/h its cheaper then the Tesla Super Chargers in NYC.
No, you won't get the same speeds. The CHAdeMO adapter is limited to ~45kW and that is only at higher states of charge.

It was delivered yesterday Monday, 2022-06-06.

Tested it out this morning at the Brooklyn Revel Superhub w/ a 74 kW/h CCS Charger, I navigated to a nearby SuperCharger and hit 74 kW/h for most of the charge, very Happy with the CCS adapter.

Damn, they just got done over-explaining the difference between $.02 and $.02 cents and now someone is going to have to explain the difference between kW, kWh, and whatever kW/h is. :cool:

Damn, they just got done over-explaining the difference between $.02 and $.02 cents and now someone is going to have to explain the difference between kW, kWh, and whatever kW/h is. :cool:

Ya know I was super careful in using $0.39 because of that thread and it looks like I ruined everyone's day by using kW/h instead of kWh along with mistateing the max CHAdeMO Adapter charge rate.

I'll remove myself from this table now.

• Funny
Reactions: spokey and alexcue
Well, 1 kW is 1000 J/s, energy per unit time, and 1 kWh just multiplies that energy by unit time to cancel the time and get a unit of energy, namely 3,600,000 J. 1 kW/h would instead divide 1000 J/s by 3600s and would be equal to 1000/3600 J/s^2 or, simplifying the fraction 5/18 J/s^2. That's a change in power of 5/18 W every second (a ramp up in power), which is also, not surprisingly, an increase of power of 1000W every hour. So if you sustain a ramp up of 1 kW/h for an entire day, and you started at 0, you will be at 24 kW. Grid operators like the California ISO care about units like this because they're trying to predict how much generating capacity they'll need in the near future:

CAISO Net Demand.jpg

Today, the California ISO area experienced a ramp up of 12592 MW in 3 hours during the transition from when solar was generating a lot of power and when the sun went down and people started cooking and turning on the AC. We can convert this to kW/h:

(12592 MW/3 hour)*(1000 kW/1MW) = 4,197,333 kW/h

Just got an email that my adapter got delayed. LOL! Tesla stuff. But not by Tesla the company this time.
Mine is delayed because of the CASE. when asked I told them to hold off shipping until they can send both items. My new EDD is "end of June". I'm in no hurry since the CCS is purely a backup device and on my next trip to Arkansas, there aren't any CCS stations that I could use even if I wanted to.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Southern CA home TOU rate is $0.21 off peak, with SC being $0.29 off peak and $0.58 during peak...
we have no TOU. Apparently there was in the past but PSE&G ditched it although rumor has it that there are a few grandfathered.

We pay a tiered rate based on usage that ranges from about .175 to 195. It's tricky to figure out. Although the kw only has about 4 tiers in my typical month, the service/delivery is also tiered and they don't overlap so you have to multiple those to get between 6 - 10 tiers.

TOU wouldn't help me anyway as I"m retired and I'm pretty sure that my summer daytime AC use would kill any savings. But if they bring it back, I'll of course check it out.

we have no TOU. Apparently there was in the past but PSE&G ditched it although rumor has it that there are a few grandfathered.

We pay a tiered rate based on usage that ranges from about .175 to 195. It's tricky to figure out. Although the kw only has about 4 tiers in my typical month, the service/delivery is also tiered and they don't overlap so you have to multiple those to get between 6 - 10 tiers.

TOU wouldn't help me anyway as I"m retired and I'm pretty sure that my summer daytime AC use would kill any savings. But if they bring it back, I'll of course check it out.
I switched to TOU in FL and while it saves money, it's debatable if it's worth it over the inconvenience factor. Summer peak times are noon - 9pm, so have the AC set to 79 during that time and avoid running any of the big appliances, but it's a pain because it does get toasty sometimes and not being able to do laundry until after 9pm is a chore. The winter peak times are actually worse in my opinion, they are 6am - 10am and 6 - 10pm, basically the times you are at home and awake, so laundry is only really done on weekends. Our off peak rate is around 6.5 cents per kw and peak is 24 cents, compared to the flat rate of 11 cents. All together to save 20-30 bucks a month might not be worth it, especially since I'm not driving very much currently.