Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we have no TOU. Apparently there was in the past but PSE&G ditched it although rumor has it that there are a few grandfathered.

We pay a tiered rate based on usage that ranges from about .175 to 195. It's tricky to figure out. Although the kw only has about 4 tiers in my typical month, the service/delivery is also tiered and they don't overlap so you have to multiple those to get between 6 - 10 tiers.

TOU wouldn't help me anyway as I"m retired and I'm pretty sure that my summer daytime AC use would kill any savings. But if they bring it back, I'll of course check it out.
in CA, it's essentially required at this point to pick a TOU plan. It may be possible to drag it a bit, but ultimately you get to chose. Unfortunately, the peak and off peak rates are both high compared to what we had just a decade ago when we still had 4 tiers, with the base tier (60% of average use by a miser) being 12 or 13 cents, and then it shooting up into the upper 20s. In that period, it was ideal to have enough solar to keep you out of tiers 3 and 4. Then it collapsed to 2 tiers both in the 20ths, single rate, and now our TOU.

TOU is either 4-9pm every day, or 5-8 on weekdays. I took the latter as I moved to solar. There is also a couple EV rate plans, but not advantage for me over the existing rate metering, and not enough incentive that I see to do middle of the night charging schedules.

Weirdly, the grid friendliest time for me to charge is 10am-3pm, esp in the spring when solar generation has to be curtailed due to excess.

How nice is the case? (Pics?)

It's pretty nice - fitted for both of the vehicle's adapters.

It's pretty nice - fitted for both of the vehicle's adapters.
Thanks!

I guess the CCS is too bulky to fit in the driver’s side door. I wonder if that case would fit under driver’s seat?

I guess the CCS is too bulky to fit in the driver’s side door.
Nope, it fits in the door.

1654799216937.png

Picture taken from this post: CCS Adapter for North America

IMG_1978.jpeg

I use a Saddleback Leather toiletry bag to hold my adapters. They fit in just fine.

Just tested mine today on an Electrify America charger and it worked great. Getting the charger started was easy and worked the first time. I just plugged my car in and used my phone on the phone reader (not the credit card reader) to start the session. I was at 29% SoC and when to 77% in about 25 minutes. It was a 150 kW charger and hit a peak of 140 Kw with an average of 92 kW over the time period.

How and where are you all purchasing CCS adapters? Not available on the Tesla site and don't want a third party. Did you purchase when they were first released?
Here it is:

It's in this thread. Third party in South Korea is handling the purchases.
Would it pain you to help this person out so they don't have to sift through multiple pages of posts to find it?

Here it is:

Would it pain you to help this person out so they don't have to sift through multiple pages of posts to find it?
Would it pain the person to at least make an attempt to scan through the thread to find it? What's the point of actually having a 'thread' if people just ask the same questions over and over again?

Reactions: doghousePVD
Would it pain the person to at least make an attempt to scan through the thread to find it? What's the point of actually having a 'thread' if people just ask the same questions over and over again?
By that logic, what's the point of having a web forum if people keep starting the same threads over and over again? Can't they just use the search function to find the same or similar threads? Well, I think you're smart enough and know the answer. People will continue to make "My car is rated at 303 miles of range, why am I seeing half of that?" and "Why does the air coming out my A/C smell?" threads.

Here it is:

The link is literally the 9th post of the thread for Pete's sake. The person isn't required to sift through any pages.
I wouldn't bother with the Setec/Lectron CCS1 adapter nor the official Tesla ChaDeMo adapters. They are expensive and slow. Buy the official Tesla CCS1 adapter from South Korea through a proxy service like many of us Model 3 owners are doing (we're even retrofitting our older cars to support CCS1). See this proxy service that many of us have used Get your Tesla's CCS1 Adapter From Korea!. You will have to give them your Tesla login so they can log in on the Korean Tesla website and order, because Tesla only allows orders in South Korea and limits them to 1 per owner. After they order it, you
can change your account password. Cost is about $320 including the proxy service fees and shipping. If your Tesla does not have the correct charge port ECU to work with the Tesla CCS1 adapter, it will cost an additional $180 to buy the ECU and wiring adapter harness and replace them yourself (see here for reference Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach).

Reactions: DanDi58