Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a small number of problems have been reported. But they seem to boil down to either user error or station problems (broken etc). I had one small problem in that I couldn't get the charger started swiping with my phone. It was my first EA charge and don't know how much was maybe NFC not working vs user error. In my case, I simply went to the EA app and started it that way.

Reactions: Jeff N
a small number of problems have been reported. But they seem to boil down to either user error or station problems (broken etc). I had one small problem in that I couldn't get the charger started swiping with my phone. It was my first EA charge and don't know how much was maybe NFC not working vs user error. In my case, I simply went to the EA app and started it that way.
Agree it’s usually station issues, I’ve run into a lot of broken chargers. When I first got the adapter I failed at 2 different stations, but a reboot fixed it. So before giving up maybe try a reboot. I was getting unable to communicate with the car from the station, the car was waiting for charge.

Guess who's selling the adapter.

Wow, still cheaper to get it from SK.... Seeing this price, and not knowing when Tesla might decide to offer it, I just ordered from Harumio....

Last edited:
Reactions: cusetownusa

It's great another vendor is selling them but they're over $100 more than Harumio.

The price is in Canadian dollars, and a quick Google conversion shows that $399 CAD is equal to $312 USD. So it's not really much more expensive except for the additional shipping.
Nope, it defaults to US $:

1654893027863.png

If you switch it to Canadian $ it is $520:

1654892950282.png

• Informative
Reactions: Darmie and DanDi58
Have any recently delivered cars not had CCS support?

My MYLR has been built and delivery will be around 6/18 - I will have a fairly quick turnaround before my July 4th road trip so I'm thinking of ordering before delivery.
There was a period in the 2020-2021 where CCS support was missing. Your car will not be so impacted.

Nevertheless, get it and confirm before ordering.

Can anyone think of a reason that Tesla might have for not selling the CCS in the United States? I just don't see a downside to Tesla. It's not like they need to devote engineering resources to designing one. Are they worried about a loss of Supercharging sales?