Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged at a ChargePoint tonight, in Wellington, CO - it was fantastic! Cheap and fast! Thank you Tesla for the CCS adapter.

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 11.38.42 PM.png

Very cool, Wyoming. It seems like a no-brainer to carry the CCS adapter in our Teslas to provide flexibility and choices for charging during road trips. How do we go about ordering one from Korea?
The case is a little more expensive than the ones most get from amazon but I like it better. I just entered a cc like any other online shopping. They take paypal as well but I didn't want to wait the amount of time paypal takes to transfer funds in to the account.

Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter & CHAdeMO Adapter

separate case link and it appears to be currently in stock - Tesla Model 3/Y SEXY BAG CCS Combo 1 Adapter Case

I'll reply to one of your double posts. I waited 3 weeks for mine with the case. It is in Cincinnatti now.
Sorry didn’t mean to double post but apparently I was logged out and when it said it log in I did and it didn’t look like it had posted so I wrote again. Clearly I didn’t notice or I would have not double posted. Cool three weeks is decent last time I was on this thread or somewhere the case was backprderd and holding up shipping so was curious. I too am just getting it for road trips cuz u never know

Sorry didn’t mean to double post but apparently I was logged out and when it said it log in I did and it didn’t look like it had posted so I wrote again. Clearly I didn’t notice or I would have not double posted. Cool three weeks is decent last time I was on this thread or somewhere the case was backprderd and holding up shipping so was curious. I too am just getting it for road trips cuz u never know

I have accidentally double-posted, also. (I suspect many others have, too.) If you want you can use "Report" at the bottom of a post to 'report' your extra post to the website authorities and ask that they delete it (choose one of them). As the reason, just say something like, "Mistakenly posted twice."

Reactions: dodukes
The CCS1 adapter has continued to prove very useful for me. My wife and I just did a mini road trip from Orange County up to Ventura for a friend's birthday and both the Thousand Oaks and Oxnard superchargers had waits. We stopped at the Camarillo EA and there were only 2/10 stalls occupied. For all the complaints I have read about EA, my real world experience is that I have yet to encounter a broken EA charger here in the Southern California metro area (knock on wood) and the best part is I have never had to wait for a charger to open up. This, plus the cheaper $0.31/kWh juice during peak hours makes it well worth it to me on road trips.

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352 and alexcue
The CCS1 adapter has continued to prove very useful for me. My wife and I just did a mini road trip from Orange County up to Ventura for a friend's birthday and both the Thousand Oaks and Oxnard superchargers had waits. We stopped at the Camarillo EA and there were only 2/10 stalls occupied. For all the complaints I have read about EA, my real world experience is that I have yet to encounter a broken EA charger here in the Southern California metro area (knock on wood) and the best part is I have never had to wait for a charger to open up. This, plus the cheaper $0.31/kWh juice during peak hours makes it well worth it to me on road trips.
LA Metro is just overcrowded with Tesla cars, so supercharger stations are often full while other DCFC networks have a lot of availability.

Well, just got to NJ from GA and I thought I would use it along the way if Tesla chargers were busy. None were but I checked EA coverage along the way and it is pretty terrible with many chargers unavailable meaning not working.

Hey, so I'm going in the opposite direction (NJ to GA) later this month.... moving to GA permanently (Cumming)! This will be my first real long trip in my Model Y LR so I'm looking for feedback on the best approach you recommend I map my route? ABRP app, EA app, the built-in Nav in the car, etc? Some combination of two? We are stopping halfway near Charlottesville, VA overnight and the next morning driving the rest of the way to Cumming. I just ordered a CCS1 adapter from that Harumio site; hopefully it arrives before 7/22 which is when we take off for Georgia.

and no station comes with a built-in tesla adapter
EVGo stations have built-in adapters. It even show you in your car, if you select the single lightning bolt option when navigating for charging, the EVGo stations with adapters will show up in there.

CCS stands for Combined Charging System, so the word “Combo” is probably comes from shortening “Combined”. The picture of the plug is helpful too, its the correct shape of the CCS1 plug.

EVGo stations have built-in adapters. It even show you in your car, if you select the single lightning bolt option when navigating for charging, the EVGo stations with adapters will show up in there.

CCS stands for Combined Charging System, so the word “Combo” is probably comes from shortening “Combined”. The picture of the plug is helpful too, its the correct shape of the CCS1 plug.
Some EVgo stations have had Tesla plugs added to them, but the ones I've used are limited to 50 kW (they officially show up as chademo charges in Teslafi). I would consider those EVgo Tesla plugs last resort unless there is nothing else available.

Reactions: Luvtoride