Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But if the difference is not significant, why not save the supposed 100% battery wear and tear and leave at whatever you need like maybe 85%?
Because you should charge to 100% once in a long while anyway to let your BMS see the full range of the battery. The best time to do this is right before a long trip, where the battery won't be sitting at that high SoC level for very long. I try to charge to 100% once every 3-4 months and if I happen to have a road trip coming up during that time, I might as well take the opportunity to do it then. Otherwise, I set the charge limit to 50%.

Because you should charge to 100% once in a long while anyway to let your BMS see the full range of the battery.
I know there is a lot of folklore about this but much as i have searched I have never found evidence to see that this is anything but folklore. Nothing on tesla. Lots on this forum, facebook etc.

You may be right, but I would like to see a really credible source

Reactions: Exelion and gt2690b
I'm guessing someone at Tesla finally realized what was happening with the increased demand in CCS1 adapters in SK recently and shut the faucet off. 😆
Hopefully they are just out of stock... The whole korean credit card thing is actually pretty common/normal over there... I've been to many places in Asia, where they only take locally issued cards... Costco for example... The one in Taiwan accepts Visa, but only if it was issued by Cathay Bank.. Likewise, I've been to many vendors in Korea, especially the smaller ones, but even a few big ones, where they only took locally issued credit cards... Some of the payment processors there will charge the merchant higher fees if you use a foreign issued credit card, so some will only take foreign issued cards as a last resort. A lot of places in China won't even take cash. They'll only take WeChat Pay, etc. Even in North America, a lot of the Chinese vendors are going that way too. You can use WeChat Pay, but not a debit card, becuase the fees are much lower for WeChat pay, etc.

Also, Korea has some pretty strict privacy laws and technology export laws... You cannot, for example, store location data on foreign hosted servers. That type of data must be stored on computers within the national borders. This is why tracking and turn by turn stuff is often crippled when accessing from outside the country.

Hopefully they are just out of stock... The whole korean credit card thing is actually pretty common/normal over there... I've been to many places in Asia, where they only take locally issued cards... Costco for example... The one in Taiwan accepts Visa, but only if it was issued by Cathay Bank.. Likewise, I've been to many vendors in Korea, especially the smaller ones, but even a few big ones, where they only took locally issued credit cards... Some of the payment processors there will charge the merchant higher fees if you use a foreign issued credit card, so some will only take foreign issued cards as a last resort. A lot of places in China won't even take cash. They'll only take WeChat Pay, etc. Even in North America, a lot of the Chinese vendors are going that way too. You can use WeChat Pay, but not a debit card, becuase the fees are much lower for WeChat pay, etc.

Also, Korea has some pretty strict privacy laws and technology export laws... You cannot, for example, store location data on foreign hosted servers. That type of data must be stored on computers within the national borders. This is why tracking and turn by turn stuff is often crippled when accessing from outside the country.

FWIW I used PayPal with funds deducted from my bank account. I wonder if that falls under one of the "limitations" as you mentioned!

I think if they were just temporarily out of stock there woudn't be mass refunds. I think this route is done at this point and my only regret was waiting so long to order.

I think if they were just temporarily out of stock there woudn't be mass refunds. I think this route is done at this point and my only regret was waiting so long to order.
True, but keep in mind they are essentially doing a drop-ship of sorts. They probably don't want to have too many pending/holds on their proxy bank account either. They sell other stuff besides tesla stuff, so they also probably don't want to take up a queue slot in their local warehouse if they know product won't be showing up for a while, etc.