Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had a cancelled order, I'd email them and ask about it. When I emailed to add the case to my order they were pretty responsive.
In my cancellation they made it clear they were not sure if they would ever get more. Snippet below

However, we regret to inform you that we currently do not have these in stock, and we are not sure when we will be able to restock them again.

That makes no sense. If you are charging to the same target percentage, it will always take less time arriving at a higher SOC than a lower SOC. If you are charging from 70% to 80% it may be slow, but if you arrive at 50% you still need to do the 70% to 80% range at the same slow speed. It always saves the most time leaving home at 100%, even if the difference isn't huge.
I never charge to 100% for a road trip. 95% means the same stops and I have some regen so the driving feel is normal. And getting to that last 5% at home can take a long time.

Drove back from Vegas to SLC yesterday and decided to try out the CCS adapter. There was an EA stop a couple blocks from our friend's house, so topped up there without issue on a 150kw line. First stop was in St George and EA throttled back the stations to 30-40kw for some reason and there is no note in the app so that really stunk, should have backtracked to the SC bit didn't realize it would stay so low for all of our lunch stop.
I charged at that EA station in "Washington, UT" on 6/28 and maxed out at 32kw... I was only connected for 10 mins but only received 4kwh.

There was no warning on the EA app, but a display prompt on the dispensers advising of a reduced service.

There were 3 ID4s charging next to me... I got some dirty looks when one of them realized that I was a tesla.

Screenshot_20220716-025949_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20220716-030712_Photos.jpg

I had an equally lame charge a few days ago in Kentucky on EA. Also only could get about 35kw. 2 units broken the other 2 reduced service.

Screenshot_20220716-030201_Messages.jpg

CCS adapters still in stock on Tesla South Korea website, I was able to add one to cart logging in with my account. So Tesla may have cracked down on Harumio.

If you are looking to purchase one perhaps go with a proxy mailing service in South Korea like some people did on here prior to Harumio simplifying the process.

CCS adapters still in stock on Tesla South Korea website, I was able to add one to cart logging in with my account. So Tesla may have cracked down on Harumio.

If you are looking to purchase one perhaps go with a proxy mailing service in South Korea like some people did on here prior to Harumio simplifying the process.
If I were to venture a guess, it was because they are using a donor Tesla login I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to requiring you to supply them with your login until you get a shipping confirmation

Welp good news and bad news - our moving logistics changed for the better and I no longer need a U-Haul trailer - I came across some of the CCS1 adapters on eBay and was about to pull the trigger but I double-checked my car settings and mine is not CCS-enabled. I was a summer 2021 order and I must've been part of the chip shortage builds. I know there are retrofit ways but I don't have time in 3 days until depature. All Tesla SC stops for me!

If I were to venture a guess, it was because they are using a donor Tesla login I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to requiring you to supply them with your login until you get a shipping confirmation

They do require your name and login. Right now it's sold out, but I had one in my basket and when I went to check it out this is exactly what it asked me. It even asks to change your password to a temporary one to order. So, I ordered, and then it said "sold out" and removed it from my basket... :(

So I've navigated to the korean tesla site and can add to the cart with my tesla account, however I presume I have to have a korean address for delivery?
The alternative from Harumio is to do what some users originally did (before Harumio) using a shipping company to have the Korean address. Instructions outlined in this reddit post. Full disclosure I did it the Harumio route a month ago when it was in stock

• Informative
Reactions: gabeurl
Hmm what's this?

It is Chinese company. Probably Chinese Tesla version of CCS1 adapter?