Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who never got a case for your CCS adapter, I see Amazon now has a very nice case back in stock which fits great for just $14.69...

Hard Case from Amazon

Back on page 15 of this thread I posted photos of this case with both the CCS and J1772 adapters.

Reactions: ArtK
For those of you who never got a case for your CCS adapter, I see Amazon now has a very nice case back in stock which fits great for just $14.69...

Hard Case from Amazon

Back on page 15 of this thread I posted photos of this case with both the CCS and J1772 adapters.

If anyone needs a CCS1 adapter case, I have a range of varieties (including Harumio, Amazon, and Harbor Freight) to choose from. Located near Sacramento, California, and can ship.

Reactions: jsight
Do you have the Harumio one with modeling for both the CCS and J adapters? I have their original with just the CCS I'd offer towards a trade if you'd like.

Yes. I have the Harumio Mark 2 case (with indentations for both adapters (CCS1 and J1772). I paid, what?, $45 for it I believe, (I didn't get it at the discounted price, unfortunately.)*

I also have the Harumio Mark 1 (not a real designation) case, with just the CCS1 indentation. Plus other cases (from Amazon, Harbor Freight [nice padded clam-shell], and eBay) I tried out and reported on. (Why? He's insane.)

They ALL work. Just fine. Several fit both J1772 and CCS1.

Drivers need to ask themselves, "How often will I use a CCS1 or J1772 adapter?" (I suspect, but do not know, that zippered cases might wear out rapidly from repeated opening/closing.)

I am using the J1772 adapter every day, so I keep one loose up front in the cabin. I will rarely, if ever, use the CCS1 adapter (but want it for 'emergencies' or in case I go on a long trip). So I keep that stored in the trunk.

For me, a CCS1 adapter case is just to protect the adapter from dirt and scratches while in storage. (The Tesla box, a velvet Crown Royal whiskey bag, or Tupperware container will all do the job, if not quite as elegantly, just fine, also.)

But the Harumio Mark 2 case says "SEXY" on its top! Ha, ha. So it's a 'must have!' :)
_____
* By the way, Have you seen the prices people are asking for the Harumio case on %^*# eBay?

Guys, here's a $13 dollar case I bought on Amazon. Nice snug fit. Used it traveling AZ to Cape Cod early June. Highly recommended.

Rich

Reactions: tps5352
I looked right after I read this…..

A hundred bucks!!!! For a case! I guess having the words SEXY on it plus having both J1772 and CCS1 molded compartments in it make this attractive but a hundred bucks……insane.

Funny you should use the word "insane." If, for example, anyone is near Sacramento, California, I can offer cases (including Amazon ones) at discount prices. Really. (All kidding aside.)

• Disagree
Reactions: CaptUAL
I got to try out my adapter this week on a road trip. Our destination was near Binghampton, NY where the V2 supercharger is often very busy according to PlugShare. On the way up we used the EA station just southeast of Binghampton. One of the four stations was out of service, as reported both on PlugShare and in the EA app, but we were the only vehicle there and charged without any issue.

On the return trip 7 days later the Binghampton Supercharger was showing 'short wait' on the nav screen so we used the same EA charger. All the stations were in service and a Polestar and Mach E were already charging. An F-150 Platinum pulled in a few minutes after we did, maxing out the station. By the time I used the facilities and came back outside a Taycan and a Bolt were waiting in line, but I only needed a 10 minute charge so I was able to open a slot up for the Porsche pretty quickly.

The Binghampton Supercharger was listed at $0.47 per kWh. I signed up for the EA pass ($4) so I only paid $0.31 per kWh ($0.39 if you spread the monthly cost across the two charging sessions). It's only a few dollars difference, but we were on a tight schedule on the front end of the trip and having the option to use an empty EA station instead of a busy SuC was really helpful. I have another road trip next week where I may use EA stations if they're not busy and will cancel the monthly EA membership until I need it again.

I'd kill for a CCS adapter right now, the one I ordered is lost in transit. Super stoked as they're sold out now obviously, this sucks so hard.

As you probably know, they are available from re-sellers, just rarely at decent prices. I did see three for around $350 (US) on eBay, Craig's List, and this Forum earlier in July. Of course they were sold quickly. You have to search daily and be ready to buy quickly. Some people are not trying to make huge profits; just recover original purchase/shipping/tax costs.

In contrast, eBay prices start at ~$650 and go up to a whopping $1,799.99!

Craig's List, SF Bay area, has some for sale from $440 - $650. There is one listed for $340, but I think it was sold. (Maybe they have a second one?)

There are also new and used Tesla CCS1 adapters for sale on CL scattered around North America (e.g., $600 in Vancouver, $450 in LA, $599 in Phoenix, $479 near New York). Easy to search CL nationwide, now.

Every so often we hear rumors that Tesla will release it for sale "soon" in North America. Should be cheaper then. If you can, wait. Otherwise, if you have the money check out the CL sources. (Use appropriate cautions.)

Im guessing he thinks "stoked" means the opposite of what it really means. Lol.

Stoked”​

What does it mean?

To be stoked is to be very excited. It is most commonly used to refer to excitement in going or having gone somewhere.

Guess I’m just old, but I still don’t get how one could be stoked, when the item is lost and sold out? 🤣 That would not excite me?😜🤣.

Stoked”​

What does it mean?

To be stoked is to be very excited. It is most commonly used to refer to excitement in going or having gone somewhere.

Guess I’m just old, but I still don’t get how one could be stoked, when the item is lost and sold out? 🤣 That would not excite me?😜🤣.
There was one other definition you should have probably looked up 😉

Reactions: M0SA