Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why everyone is so hyped up on buying the CCS1 adapter.
Most people charge at home and Not many people take long road trips every week. Not many people have no access to Superchargers along their routes. Not having the CCS1 adapter impacts almost nobody negatively.
This looks like the same toilet paper craziness thing during the beginning of the pandemic that people bought those TPs crazy saying "just in case" and that "just in case" never happened.
I agree with you, but this is a self-selected group of people who are all likely exceptional relative to the general Tesla owning population. I've personally been to cities that didn't have a supercharger but they did have a couple of CCS options. I've also been to destinations in cities that had CCS, when superchargers would be more of a detour. Do that enough and it becomes really nice to have.

The average Tesla user probably shouldn't think about this. Superchargers are more numerous than good CCS stations in most of the US.

Not sure why everyone is so hyped up on buying the CCS1 adapter.
Most people charge at home and Not many people take long road trips every week. Not many people have no access to Superchargers along their routes. Not having the CCS1 adapter impacts almost nobody negatively.
This looks like the same toilet paper craziness thing during the beginning of the pandemic that people bought those TPs crazy saying "just in case" and that "just in case" never happened.
I mostly charge at home and don't travel by road all that often. But getting the CCS1 adapter was a no brainer for me since our last trip would have been difficult without one because there were no Tesla Superchargers on the route and we would have had to spend hours extra charging on L2 chargers along the way. Compared to the cost of a few long road trips the $318 for the adapter is not that significant.

We have a couple of Charge Point CCS chargers near us which are free and I take advantage of them whenever I can. Are there any free Superchargers (for most of us who didn't get free charging with our Tesla)? In other cases the cost of charging with a CCS charger can about half compared to the closest Supercharger. And if the Supercharger location is full, you have the option to drive to a nearby CCS charger which may be available.

This was our test session at a 50 KW Flo station with the A2Z adapter. We don’t have higher speed DC fast chargers in our little town. Maybe next week. Anyway. Screenshot from the FLO app.

4E555722-3528-4720-8092-C90A4FB2333C.png

I just placed an order with them too. I missed out twice already with Harumio, not gonna miss out again.

I used PayPal to pay so if anything goes wrong I at least have something...
Did you pay $319 or $350? They just jacked up the price this morning..

Also I just saw this on facebook, seems like the Soom Lab method worked a month ago, that was before Tesla was cracking down like they are doing for Harum.io..

1660794091993.png

Dang yeah I was gonna buy from them this morning after my harumio order was refunded but they had already changed the price by early morning.

Maybe their address and credit card isn’t flagged, hope you get good luck especially hving to pay $31 more..
Here's to hoping. I know there's 3rd party adapters for cheaper but I'm willing to pay extra for a Tesla-made one, especially when we're talking about 200+ kW flowing through it...

I'll update you and everyone else how it goes

I hear you. But $350 isn't the worst price. Look at the eBay prices. Hope it all comes out good for you.

Yeah I am also tempted at the $350 price, although it was just this morning that I saw it at $319, a whole $31 more now... Just kind of sucks to think that I could have gotten it for cheaper this morning if I had just went ahead and purchased it from Soom instead of contemplating lol..

But anyways if it does work, I think the $350 is good compared to the eBay prices, we will see if it works... I am guessing Tesla will release these in the US probably for like $230 without retrofit and maybe like $370 with a retrofit or something but then again it might be out of stock all the time and so you might have to wait months to get one and so if you are able to get one from KR now at least you will have a head start on free/reduced charging.

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
Does anyone have any experience ordering from Soomlab?
I reached out to them:
"I'm interested in purchasing the Tesla Korea CCS1 combo adapter. My only concern is if tesla has stopped letting non Korean Tesla owners from ordering even with having our Tesla account information. Can you verify that you can still purchase the Tesla CCS1 adapter with a US Tesla account?"

This was their response

"Please be informed that we are still placing a few orders on a daily basis.

Please advise.

Cheers"

Correct. And you can't see the credit card number from your account, just the last 4 digits. The worst thing they could do with your account is order other stuff from Tesla's store and pay with your CC, but I think that they would at least need to guess your CC's 3-digit security code. And, it being a CC, you would be able to dispute the charge. I don't think there's any risk of malicious behavior from them. I guess they could also cancel a reservation or preorder and lose you the preorder fee and spot in line.

You could order the adapter yourself from Tesla's Korea website using Google translate to make the page readable in English (or any other language), but you would still have to pay a proxy service to "rent" a mailbox in South Korea for delivery. Once it arrived, the proxy service would mail it to your address.
I tried that and it didn’t work

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352