Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charge at home for .14.

If were talking about the difference of a few bucks at the end of the charging session, I wouldn't drive out of my way to goto a EA over a tesla.
I wouldn't go out of my way, but sometimes it's more than a few bucks. When I was in California, my choice was EA for 31 cents or SC for 58 cents. For the 47 kwh I got, that's a $13 difference. Likewise, there were a few places where the choice is between a 150kw CCS or 72 kw urban SC.

Most of the time when I use CCS it's because EA tends to be more conveniently located to what I'm doing, whether it be visiting family/friends, or on a business trip, etc. For example I was visiting my cousin in SF during a business trip, and found there was an EA charger a few blocks from her house. I found that more convenient than having to detour to San Mateo, which is what the nav in my car wanted to do on my drive to San Jose from her house.

Out here in Los Angeles / Orange County area my CCS adapter basically paid for itself in a couple months. There are actually EA in a lot of convenient locations, often where there are no Superchargers and contrary to popiular opinion on here, 95% of the EA I have used have worked first try with no issues. I usually charge every weekend at the Pasadena Paseo Colorado garage, which has free 50kW CCS1 chargers right across from a Supercharger. $0.58/kWh vs $FREE.99 is a no brainer in that case, even if the charge takes a little longer.

Reactions: IronmanMYP
Talk about adapter paying for it self. I’m on a road-trip and I expect about a $100 savings with this free EA charging sessions. Something along the lines of them upgrading their network equals free charging :).

Attachments

• 178C9BF3-1265-4537-AF53-B2084BCEB820.jpeg
    178C9BF3-1265-4537-AF53-B2084BCEB820.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 128
Talk about adapter paying for it self. I’m on a road-trip and I expect about a $100 savings with this free EA charging sessions. Something along the lines of them upgrading their network equals free charging :).
That's what my wife said... We just went on a road-trip for work, and and were able to use EA the whole time... Didn't pay anything...

Reactions: IronmanMYP
I have seen posts of like 25% of their chargers working at a station. I really would still go to tesla for convenience's sake.
I stopped by to charge at that Baker site with my FIL's Model Y and a CCS1 adapter. First 2 EA stalls I came up to were down due to software upgrades. 3rd one I stopped at I couldn't get to activate. Finally the 4th one I pulled up to I successfully initiated a charge using the adapter. But soon I saw charge speeds drop to the low 40 kW range. Finally gave up my EA experiment and moved to a Supercharger, and immediately got 120+ kW rates (V2 150 kW stall).

I dunno what is up with the Baker EA stations, but they better fix whatever's wrong with them!

I stopped by to charge at that Baker site with my FIL's Model Y and a CCS1 adapter. First 2 EA stalls I came up to were down due to software upgrades. 3rd one I stopped at I couldn't get to activate. Finally the 4th one I pulled up to I successfully initiated a charge using the adapter. But soon I saw charge speeds drop to the low 40 kW range. Finally gave up my EA experiment and moved to a Supercharger, and immediately got 120+ kW rates (V2 150 kW stall).

I dunno what is up with the Baker EA stations, but they better fix whatever's wrong with them!
Sounds like it's across the board at most locations.

HMMMM…

Attachments

• EFC13C5E-07EA-4F74-8014-A2A58564E8F1.jpeg
    EFC13C5E-07EA-4F74-8014-A2A58564E8F1.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 63
HMMMM…

I just ordered it. Confirmed via email already.

When I logged in, it confirmed compatibility with my 2022 MX so lets give it a try.

HMMMM…

Says up to 250kw 🤔 not complaining, but I only get 180ish.

HMMMM…

I was just knocking around here, and saw this thread on the active list on the side. Logged into Tesla.com, ordered:

1663791173237.png

Thanks a ton!