Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS adaptor for my September 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hurricane season on gulf coast is upon us, trying to expand charging options in case we need to evacuate. I've heard that models prior to October of 2021 CCS adaptors don't work and that one needs a different ECU and a a special wiring harness adaptor. I do not want to do that conversion job myself. Also heard that Tesla service center will not do it.
I will call the Tesla service center shortly.

Also, will an adaptor for Nema 1450 to the 30 amp Y shape prong adaptor work so that one could go to an RV campsite and charge.
Also, does the Nema 1450 work at RV campsites?

NEMA 14-50 is what you want for the vast majority of campgrounds. Some might only have TT30 plugs.

CCS support is noted in the car's information page in the Support display of the main menu. You may not need anything more than the adapter which is not for sale in the US and difficult to get from Soth Korea.

I'd keep the car charged to 90 or 95 percent for the next couple months and have your north route planned. I bet you can get pretty far on a single charge and there will be superchargers available. No need for any of the adapters.

You can view the configuration of your Tesla Model Y to determine if it is capable of supporting CCS charging.

EVSE Adapters sells a TT-30 (120V and 30 amp) power plug adapter for the Tesla Gen2 Mobile Connector (Tesla does not currently offer this power plug adapter for the Gen2 Mobile Connector.) If you plan to charge using a TT-30 outlet that is the best option.

EVSE Adapters – Electric vehicle charging solutions, adapter cords for EV, RV, welders, and more. Charge anywhere.

A NEMA 14-50 receptacle is the same everywhere, although in some cases the circuit may be limited to 40 amps instead of 50 amps and should be labeled as such. You can use the Tesla Gen2 Mobile Connector with the NEMA 14-50 power plug adapter at RV sites or anywhere else that you are able to use a 14-50 receptacle. The Tesla Gen2 Mobile Connector will enable charging at 32 amps using the 14-50 power plug adapter

• Helpful
Reactions: LoudMusic
NEMA 14-50 is what you want for the vast majority of campgrounds. Some might only have TT30 plugs.

CCS support is noted in the car's information page in the Support display of the main menu. You may not need anything more than the adapter which is not for sale in the US and difficult to get from Soth Korea.

I'd keep the car charged to 90 or 95 percent for the next couple months and have your north route planned. I bet you can get pretty far on a single charge and there will be superchargers available. No need for any of the adapters.
thanks for the info, will check the support display. not too concerned about evacuating, we are all about leaving "early". getting back would more likely be the problem. We ran into that with Hurricane IKE in 2008.

Reactions: LoudMusic