Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS - buy now or wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Officially available from Tesla us shop.

The Tesla site won’t let me order one because my 3 is too old (and not CCS compatible right now)… Anyone find a workaround? (Besides using a friend with a compatible car).

The Tesla site won’t let me order one because my 3 is too old (and not CCS compatible right now)… Anyone find a workaround? (Besides using a friend with a compatible car).
Yes, this is annoying since I have a gen4 controller and bundle of wires. Of course Tesla hardly wants to support that.
Still, perhaps those who got adapters via Harumio will be open to buying one for a TMC buddy.

At $250 this is $25 more than the price in Korea, but the price of the A2Z and other aftermarkets should drop to something under $200 to compete, but it may need to be $150 -- will you buy an aftermarket 150kw device to save $50?

Yes, this is annoying since I have a gen4 controller and bundle of wires. Of course Tesla hardly wants to support that.
Still, perhaps those who got adapters via Harumio will be open to buying one for a TMC buddy.

At $250 this is $25 more than the price in Korea, but the price of the A2Z and other aftermarkets should drop to something under $200 to compete, but it may need to be $150 -- will you buy an aftermarket 150kw device to save $50?
In fact, to follow up A2Z has dropped to $227 USD -- I don't know if that will be enough to make sales, unless you need it in the next 3 weeks.

The Tesla site won’t let me order one because my 2019 Tesla Model 3 is too old (and not CCS compatible right now)… Anyone find a workaround?
I have a 2018 Model 3, which was not CCS compatible.
I changed the hardward interface and wires connections (as described here).

My Model 3 is now CCS compatible, and when going to the Tesla CCS web page,
I get the following message and I am able to order the CCS adapter:

CCS order Tesla.com  .jpg

Last edited: