Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS charge on Model S with the adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I recently had my 2018 MS retrofitted for CCS. It seems to work well on Ionity chargers, but not on the smaller 50kW DC chargers that are spread in country towns (in France). The car says that charge failed, and the charger's display says that the car abandoned the charge.

Had someone successfully used the CCS adapter outside the Ionity network? Ionity is expensive and redundant with superchargers, so not very useful. I paid the retrofit in the hope to charge on these smaller country plugs, which are at strategic locations (such as on my ski resort trip...)

I know I'm from the other side of the world, but I'm experiencing the same issue on 50kW chargers. I too have a 2018 model S retrofitted for CCS2. Works fine on 350kW CCS2 chargers (and CCS2 on Tesla SC), but when I plug it into 50kW CCS2 chargers it starts to charge then 2 seconds later throws a communication error and stops. I've tried a few 50kW chargers are they all give the same error. I'm going to speak with Tesla to see if they know what is going on.