Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Columbus Area Mostly <100kW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kandiru

Oct 20, 2014
USA
Listings
So now that more of us have CCS adapters I was surprised by two things:

1. The EvGo and ChargePoints I visited were advertised at 250kW on PlugShare but capped
at below 100kW on my M3LR.

2. Cost is below Superchargers.

My question is are there any true 250-350kW stations around? I know above 250kW are in
Hyundai/Porsche territory. Are EA stations more powerful?

Anticipated thanks

So now that more of us have CCS adapters I was surprised by two things:

1. The EvGo and ChargePoints I visited were advertised at 250kW on PlugShare but capped
at below 100kW on my M3LR.

2. Cost is below Superchargers.

My question is are there any true 250-350kW stations around? I know above 250kW are in
Hyundai/Porsche territory. Are EA stations more powerful?

Anticipated thanks
In my area (Indianapolis) there is one EvGo site that has two 350 kw slots. I was completely unsuccessful in getting it to start, even though I have an account set up. There is also an ElectrifyAmerica that has a couple of 350 Kw units. I was able to charge there, cranking my 2022 Model X up to 163 kw at peak. I had less than 20% SoC when I arrived. This site kept sending messages to my phone "Unable to initiate charging session," but juice was flowing into my car continuously. I have yet to be billed for that session. BTH outa me. Kinda hard to compete with Free.

I went to a 250 Kw Supercharger w 20%, and my car almost immediately went to 250 kw, and hung there for more than 10 minutes, rather impressive IMO.

I think to get anywhere near the 350 Kw rate, you must have to be running one of the cars with an 800 volt system. Plug in a Tesla, it drops back to 400 volts, and cannot push enough current to get the charge rate up. Although the cable on the EA charger was HUGE, much larger than even our 150 kw sites. Very heavy and barely flexible enough to get it to the car. Has anyone ever gotten over 170 or so, from ElectrifyAmerica?

I do not believe Chargepoint has any high power DC chargers in my area. Nothing shows up in Plugshare.

• Informative
Reactions: Blue Stuff