Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Combo 1 Adapter Available for order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All
Not sure you are aware of this but the CCS Combo 1 Adapter is now available to order on Tesla.
I had just ordered mine from Tesla. For me I wanted to expand my charging options and there is an Electrify America one block away from me.
Lectron has also introduced their one for 50 dollars less.
I have included a link for Tesla and Lectron below if you guys are interested.

Hi All
Not sure you are aware of this but the CCS Combo 1 Adapter is now available to order on Tesla.
I had just ordered mine from Tesla. For me I wanted to expand my charging options and there is an Electrify America one block away from me.
Lectron has also introduced their one for 50 dollars less.
I have included a link for Tesla and Lectron below if you guys are interested.

You guys are making me angry (not really). Bought mine from S. Korea back in May. Really handy to have on road trips. And the fact that it permits Tesla drivers to use EVERY fast charger in the nation is a real plus.

Rich

Reactions: Ulmo and dojoyee
As long as you're set up for CCS charging, go for the Tesla adapter. It's from Korea, where they've been using the design for over two years. Check your equipment specification to see whether your car has the CCS charging capability installed. If so, you're good to go and need nothing more than the plug adapter.

As long as you're set up for CCS charging, go for the Tesla adapter. It's from Korea, where they've been using the design for over two years. Check your equipment specification to see whether your car has the CCS charging capability installed. If so, you're good to go and need nothing more than the plug adapter.

And if you don't have CCS Charging support in your Tesla, there will be an optional upgrade available through Tesla to bring CCS charging. We don't have any more information beyond what is shown in the Mobile App under Service, but it's coming. I'm just guessing, but if it's just an Charging ECU upgrade, then it may be around $300, but if it includes the CSS Combo 1 converter it could be $500 or more.

Reactions: dojoyee