Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Combo 2 retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I finally had the opportunity to test a new V3 SuperCharger (250kW) with my CCS II Combo retrofit.
External temp was 7°Celsius, by I got there with a good internal battery temp.
I started from 7% state of charge and terminated my session at 47%. It took 21 minutes, and I charged 36 kWh (this implies a 10% battery degradation, not happy!)
Peak charging power was 129 kW (for just a split second).
Here you can see a graph of my charging session:
kW_by_state_of_charge_with_CCS_II_Combo_on_V3_250kW.png

Hi all - we have a 2015 model S, currently qualifying for free supercharging in Europe (Norway). We have a CCS retrofit scheduled for later this month - can anyone confirm if this will change the free supercharging status? I suspect/hope not - but it would be good to confirm in advance!

Anybody knows if/where I can buy a CCS2 retrofit (ECU and cables mainly) for a 2014 P85 dual charger US model? I had a 900 km trip on Monday, and two charger locations only had CCS2 when PlugShare said CHAdeMO also. Added over one hour to the trip. I am in Bulgaria. Service center in Greece will not sell the kit to me. Is the one in Germany more understanding? How to approach them?

Today I finally had the opportunity to test a new V3 SuperCharger (250kW) with my CCS II Combo retrofit.
External temp was 7°Celsius, by I got there with a good internal battery temp.
I started from 7% state of charge and terminated my session at 47%. It took 21 minutes, and I charged 36 kWh (this implies a 10% battery degradation, not happy!)
Peak charging power was 129 kW (for just a split second).
Here you can see a graph of my charging session:
kW_by_state_of_charge_with_CCS_II_Combo_on_V3_250kW.png
I see more or less the same chart consistently. I do not believe the retrofit has any impact, the chart seems to be the same on v2 and v3.
The 2 reference points are usually get are 100kW@40% and 60kW@60% with a more or less linear curve.