Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Retrofit Cost for [Model S and X only, at this time - Feb 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got invoice for $290 plus tax to install the retrofit on my Model S. Is this the normal price?

Part# RETROFIT, CCS COMBO II, MSR(1516773-00-A)

SEAT BACK GROMMET - LARGE(1016824-00-A)

KIT, 1.00 ECU,PLCRLY,MDLS,REFRESH,RETROFIT,RWK(1487929-
00-B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: appleguru
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Good point. I will ask them to fix this. Thanks!
On second thought, it may not matter. If you are only getting the retrofit to your car, and not getting the adapter itself, there probably isn't a difference. (People have acquired the European retrofit and applied it to their NA vehicle, and then used the Type 1 CCS adapter successfully.)

I am scheduled as well, for the same thing for my Model S 100D 2019. Gen 3 ECU and CCS combo2 harness, it says. The price is $310 including tax. So the thinking here is that it does not come with an adapter? Does anyone here know if there such a thing as a Tesla (NACS) to CCS combo II adapter? Seems as well the 1 phase vs. 3 phase power difference in U.S. vs. Europe is not an issue if people are charging their EU Teslas in the U.S. and vice versa.

I am scheduled as well, for the same thing for my Model S 100D 2019. Gen 3 ECU and CCS combo2 harness, it says. The price is $310 including tax. So the thinking here is that it does not come with an adapter? Does anyone here know if there such a thing as a Tesla (NACS) to CCS combo II adapter? Seems as well the 1 phase vs. 3 phase power difference in U.S. vs. Europe is not an issue if people are charging their EU Teslas in the U.S. and vice versa.
My local service center will not schedule these retrofits. Can you let me know the part number they quoted you, I want to try a different service location.

You shouldn't need to supply a part number, you should pick the CCS retrofit option in the app for your service request.
They cancel it every time I try to schedule. I want the part number so I can call or show up at a service center in a different city and try to just get it over the counter like some others have. I have no problem doing the retrofit myself.

They cancel it every time I try to schedule. I want the part number so I can call or show up at a service center in a different city and try to just get it over the counter like some others have. I have no problem doing the retrofit myself.
Do you have a Model S or X? If so, you can't do it 100% yourself, as you can't change the gateway configuration. (Unless you have a jailbroken MCU, or know a hacker.)

If you have a Model 3/Y, that is why they are cancelling your appointments, as they aren't currently offering retrofits for them.

Do you have a Model S or X? If so, you can't do it 100% yourself, as you can't change the gateway configuration. (Unless you have a jailbroken MCU, or know a hacker.)

If you have a Model 3/Y, that is why they are cancelling your appointments, as they aren't currently offering retrofits for them.
I have an S and yes, I know someone who can make the config change

It might be helpful if you share the following link when you schedule your appt. as it clearly states the availability of the retrofit.

I already own the CCS adapter so the web page and app won't let me pay for the full $450 kit, as it seems to know I already have it. That might be part of the problem, that there's no way for people who pre-bought the adapter to actually order it retrofit.

I already own the CCS adapter so the web page and app won't let me pay for the full $450 kit, as it seems to know I already have it. That might be part of the problem, that there's no way for people who pre-bought the adapter to actually order it retrofit.
I meant to say: schedule your appointment from the app and quote this link as part of your appointment notes. If they still cancel your appt., I think you can chat with them within the app and have them refer to this link.

Some service centers are slow and it can take them few weeks to get the latest update from Tesla (such as the availability of this retrofit kit).

I meant to say: schedule your appointment from the app and quote this link as part of your appointment notes. If they still cancel your appt., I think you can chat with them within the app and have them refer to this link.

Some service centers are slow and it can take them few weeks to get the latest update from Tesla (such as the availability of this retrofit kit).

I am in the camp of should have already done the bootleg retrofit. Not being able to access CCS on my S has been a major QOL issue and I'm not willing to wait a day longer. That being said it looks like I'll be able to get one shipped from a Tesla location a couple states away.

I got the exact same quote as OP for my model s. Am also unable to purchase the $450 retrofit on the website; when I try it thinks I either have no cars on my account or that I have a model y and will only let me purchase the adapter.

When I asked the SC if the quote included the adapter, they said no. I sent some screenshots from the website; they said they’re working on it and that they should have everything sorted by my appointment next week.