Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20220625_202513.jpg
20220625_202532.jpg

Since your car is a 2021 all you need to do is order the ECU from your local service center and request that they install it. You car has one of the stripped ECU's due to the component shortages.

ECU is $140 direct from Tesla and the shop labor is whatever their minimum is as it takes about 5 mins tops when taking your time.

Since your car is a 2021 all you need to do is order the ECU from your local service center and request that they install it.

I tried this with a service request via the Tesla app. The local service center (I think) called me later to state that they can't do it. They even claimed that a new firmware update is needed to enable the adapter - and that the update isn't available yet. I believe that's incorrect.

I tried this with a service request via the Tesla app. The local service center (I think) called me later to state that they can't do it. They even claimed that a new firmware update is needed to enable the adapter - and that the update isn't available yet. I believe that's incorrect.
I did the same and with the same outcome for my local Ohio dealership and called the one in Charlotte. The service team there agreed to do it and had me resubmit via the app. They simply apply a firmware update after it is installed. (Note: On my invoice it said they applied a firmware update to correct seat belt chime functionality...under warranty). I can confirm that my MYP 21 went from "not installed" to "enabled" and I have used it with the Tesla CCS adapter from Korea.

If it's important to you, I'd call a few nearby til you get the answer you want.

I'm in Utah. I believe the next-closest SC is 350 miles away in Boise. That's an easy "nah... I'll wait a bit longer" decision. Even a CCS-enabled ECU and some beer leaves it a hard sell! For those with multiple SCs near(ish)by, definitely 'shop around' if needed.

Reactions: gigawhat?