Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 Combo Adapter on Tesla USA Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My buddy kindly shared this today:

Tesla CCS1 Combo Adapter

My buddy kindly shared this today:

Tesla CCS1 Combo Adapter

Apparently my 2016 Tesla S90D needs a retro fit kit which isn't available until 2023 (sometime) so another year of not being able to go some places I want to because only CCS1 is available in that community. The company that was first to market seems slow as molasses now. Wondering if I should buy the adapter now...in anticipation of the upgrade?

Apparently my 2016 Tesla S90D needs a retro fit kit which isn't available until 2023 (sometime) so another year of not being able to go some places I want to because only CCS1 is available in that community. The company that was first to market seems slow as molasses now. Wondering if I should buy the adapter now...in anticipation of the upgrade?
You think that's bad? My July 2021 built Model 3 needs a retrofit! Talk about some bullshit!t. This is what I get when I went to order one. I then checked my car, and sure enough, not CCS enabled. I thought all 2021 and newer models were supposed to be compatible?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220921-182941.png
    Screenshot_20220921-182941.png
    545.4 KB · Views: 358
You think that's bad? My July 2021 built Model 3 needs a retrofit! Talk about some bullshit!t. This is what I get when I went to order one. I then checked my car, and sure enough, not CCS enabled. I thought all 2021 and newer models were supposed to be compatible?
There was a chip shortage of the PLC needed for CCS, so they had a gimped charge port ecu for July'21 to Sep'21 builds. You prob have biodefense mode right? I have a june'21 build, with CCS enabled but no biodefense mode.

Reactions: LBM4
Your 7 year old car needs a retrofit? No way!

There was a chip shortage of the PLC needed for CCS, so they had a gimped charge port ecu for July'21 to Sep'21 builds. You prob have biodefense mode right? I have a june'21 build, with CCS enabled but no biodefense mode.
Yours is a simple part swap. I ordered it for $140 from Tesla and did it myself on my 2021 M3 LR. This was before it really started gaining traction and now its hard to find the part available for sale. The older cars need an actual retrofit, plenty of threads on here about it.

• Informative
Reactions: mspohr
Yours is a simple part swap. I ordered it for $140 from Tesla and did it myself on my 2021 M3 LR. This was before it really started gaining traction and now its hard to find the part available for sale. The older cars need an actual retrofit, plenty of threads on here about it.
Note that Tesla's Web site asks you to log in to place an order. When they do so, the site seems to ping the car to find what charge port ECU is installed, and either enables or disables ordering depending on what's found. I've seen multiple reports from people who've done unofficial upgrades (even Gen3->Gen4 upgrades), and who are able to order the adapter, even though their cars lacked CCS support from the factory. Thus, @LBM4 and others with the de-CCS-ified Gen4 ECU won't be able to buy the part now, but if they do the ECU swap themselves, they should be able to order after the ECU swap is complete (including re-installing the car's firmware). It's conceivable there'll be some extra time lag in this, depending on whether Tesla pings cars as the store's Web page is accessed or on some sort of schedule.

Of course, the third-party clones and similar products are sold by stores without this ability. AFAIK, they'll sell to anybody.

Note that Tesla's Web site asks you to log in to place an order. When they do so, the site seems to ping the car to find what charge port ECU is installed, and either enables or disables ordering depending on what's found. I've seen multiple reports from people who've done unofficial upgrades (even Gen3->Gen4 upgrades), and who are able to order the adapter, even though their cars lacked CCS support from the factory. Thus, @LBM4 and others with the de-CCS-ified Gen4 ECU won't be able to buy the part now, but if they do the ECU swap themselves, they should be able to order after the ECU swap is complete (including re-installing the car's firmware). It's conceivable there'll be some extra time lag in this, depending on whether Tesla pings cars as the store's Web page is accessed or on some sort of schedule.

Of course, the third-party clones and similar products are sold by stores without this ability. AFAIK, they'll sell to anybody.
Yep, I was able to order one myself. Swapped the 80-B for 00-B ECU awhile ago tho.