Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ccs1(dc combo) test finish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20200821_001123.jpg
20200821_003115.jpg
20200821_001716.jpg
Sorry for being late since last post We had the best speed in the ccs1 test. I wanted to test it anymore, but in Korea there is no charging station that supports speeds above 100 kW, and even this is limited at 200a. If you have a 300a charging station, you can charge it with 120kw. The weight is much lighter than the chademo and there is no heat. After starting sales in Korea, we have plans to release it in the US. It is not known how much speed it will be possible without installing a water-cooled cooler as it has not been tested for heat over 300a.

Very cool. Can you comment on why the car says 72kW, and the charger says 77kW? Was that just because one picture was taken first?

Maybe there was 5kW going to heating/cooling the battery and/or cabin? But I don't think those are from the same time/session as the Model 3 is reporting 2 kWh added, where the charge station seems to be reporting 14.2 kWhs delivered. (Also the SoC is 62% vs 59%.)

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1
Maybe there was 5kW going to heating/cooling the battery and/or cabin? But I don't think those are from the same time/session as the Model 3 is reporting 2 kWh added, where the charge station seems to be reporting 14.2 kWhs delivered. (Also the SoC is 62% vs 59%.)

Yeah, you're right.
This cannot be the same charging session.
at 59% the car is getting 77kW and has received 14.2kWh
but at 62% the car is getting 72kW and has received 2kWh.

But, the car does seem to be getting consistent speeds.

Needs to be tested in the USA. I volunteer my car as tribute.

This is the future. Where we're going, we don't need blinker fluid........
In following that Back to the Future theme:
Doc Brown: "The Nissan engineers asked me to use this to build a liquid cooling system for the battery of their electric car, but all I gave them was a box of used pinball machine parts!"

I really hope there's CCS type 2 version of this adapter in works.
Most of the teslas in Ukraine are imported from US, ability to charge on european CCS chargers would be a saver for us.
That seems like a really extremely obscure use case that no one is going to build for. If your local stations are CCS 2, then it would make way more sense to import from any European country, where the cars already have the CCS 2 charge port.

I really hope there's CCS type 2 version of this adapter in works.
Most of the teslas in Ukraine are imported from US, ability to charge on european CCS chargers would be a saver for us.

I would think once they are finished with development and testing and have entered full production that making another version with the only difference being to change the CCS socket from Type 1 to Type 2 wouldn't be a big deal. But unless you are willing to pay a lot for it, or can guarantee they will sell a significant number of them I wouldn't expect them to make the change.

But if you really want it you could buy their adapters and one of these: European to US CCS Combo 2 to CCS Combo 1 EV Quick Charger Adapter – EVSE Adapters (Not that I think daisy-chaining adapters is a good idea.)

I'm curious. Do they have both the CCS2 and the Tesla ports, or just the CCS2 port?
The unique Tesla (TM) proprietary shaped one was only ever used in the North America style, and Japan, which also used it. (And maybe South Korea?) But all Teslas from the start in Europe have always used the Type 2 shape (known as Mennekes). That's what their Supercharger cables in Europe were fitted with, and that's what the public charging stations in Europe have for their level 2 kind of charging.

As far as the full CCS side of that, the CCS connection looks like that Type 2 on top, but with the big fat pins for DC below it. They built the Model 3 with a much bigger charging port area, as you may have noticed, and it was for this reason. The Model 3 was introduced in Europe with the full CCS 2 port built into the car--no adapters needed. For the Model S and X, they have been offering a small kind of adapter to fit the CCS plug into the smaller port the car has, which doesn't include those two bigger pins. I think that adapter is still being included with all new S and X cars being sold in Europe right now.

The unique Tesla (TM) proprietary shaped one was only ever used in the North America style, and Japan, which also used it. (And maybe South Korea?) But all Teslas from the start in Europe have always used the Type 2 shape (known as Mennekes). That's what their Supercharger cables in Europe were fitted with, and that's what the public charging stations in Europe have for their level 2 kind of charging.

As far as the full CCS side of that, the CCS connection looks like that Type 2 on top, but with the big fat pins for DC below it. They built the Model 3 with a much bigger charging port area, as you may have noticed, and it was for this reason. The Model 3 was introduced in Europe with the full CCS 2 port built into the car--no adapters needed. For the Model S and X, they have been offering a small kind of adapter to fit the CCS plug into the smaller port the car has, which doesn't include those two bigger pins. I think that adapter is still being included with all new S and X cars being sold in Europe right now.
If I understand you correctly, M3 destined for Europe have only the CCS2 port, and do not have the proprietary Tesla port. And all Tesla superchargers in Europe have only the CCS plug, and do not have the Tesla plug. Is that correct?

Reactions: Rocky_H