Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unexpectedly but happily I found an EA DCFC in my neighborhood. Not sure when they installed it and it's not located in Google Maps yet but it will make things much more convenient for me since I mainly use level 2 chargers. Getting the CCS1 adapter delivered today after ordering it on July 1.

Reactions: Jeff N
Unexpectedly but happily I found an EA DCFC in my neighborhood. Not sure when they installed it and it's not located in Google Maps yet but it will make things much more convenient for me since I mainly use level 2 chargers. Getting the CCS1 adapter delivered today after ordering it on July 1.
My impression is that Google Maps is not very reliable for looking up charging sites. PlugShare is better but even it is rarely missing a newer charging site entry.

Reactions: Doggiedog
Tried out the Tesla CCS1 adapter just now. I was at 72% SOC and charged up to 90%. The highest rate I got was 42KW. I'll need to see how well it does when I'm at a lower SOC.
Funny thing was I had a few Tesla people come up to me to ask me how I was able to charge there and where I got the adapter. Some people actually drove in and tried charging without the adapter. That's why this forum is so great. There's so much helpful information and members here.

Funny thing was I had a few Tesla people come up to me to ask me how I was able to charge there and where I got the adapter. Some people actually drove in and tried charging without the adapter. That's why this forum is so great. There's so much helpful information and members here.
Now I can understand non-Tesla EV drivers' frustrations with EV charging stations. The EA station must be just a month old yet the chargers are constantly down. When it's up, it works well and is about 25% cheaper than Tesla charging though.

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352
Now I can understand non-Tesla EV drivers' frustrations with EV charging stations. The EA station must be just a month old yet the chargers are constantly down. When it's up, it works well and is about 25% cheaper than Tesla charging though
I experienced the same thing at one Volta charger. I thought it was my adapter and it turned out to be the charger.

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352
Any hope of this coming back in stock at harumi ?

Unknown.

I think we can be sure that Harumio would be sure to let interested customers know right away if and when they are able to secure more. So be sure to get on Harumio's email-alert list.

However, the fact that CCS1 adapters are/were still available on the Tesla-Korea website suggests bad news--i.e., that Tesla has permanently halted sales to Korean personal-shopper-type businesses in order to curtail further Korean CCS1 adapter sales to North America.

Too bad. The ability to purchase Korean adapters seemed like a win for all involved (Tesla, Korean small-businesses, and NA customers), except that prices were probably somewhat higher than any eventual direct retain sales. At least the most adamant Tesla enthusiasts had an (admittedly brief) opportunity to purchase Tesla CCS1 adapters. (How many reached North America? Anyone know?)

Meanwhile, what is going on? Has there been some problem with the Korean adapters? Nothing has been reported (that I am aware of), except that (non-Tesla) CCS1 charging stations can frequently be problematic and undependable. Is Tesla nervous about that? Or is it just preparing for direct distribution of adapters and hardware upgrade kits in North America? As usual, we just have to wait to find out.

And, as is often the case, the product vacuum is being filled by clever Asian manufacturers of aftermarket CCS1 adapters.

Unknown.

I think we can be sure that Harumio would be sure to let interested customers know right away if and when they are able to secure more. So be sure to get on Harumio's email-alert list.

However, the fact that CCS1 adapters are/were still available on the Tesla-Korea website suggests bad news--i.e., that Tesla has permanently halted sales to Korean personal-shopper-type businesses in order to curtail further Korean CCS1 adapter sales to North America.

Too bad. The ability to purchase Korean adapters seemed like a win for all involved (Tesla, Korean small-businesses, and NA customers), except that prices were probably somewhat higher than any eventual direct retain sales. At least the most adamant Tesla enthusiasts had an (admittedly brief) opportunity to purchase Tesla CCS1 adapters. (How many reached North America? Anyone know?)

Meanwhile, what is going on? Has there been some problem with the Korean adapters? Nothing has been reported (that I am aware of), except that (non-Tesla) CCS1 charging stations can frequently be problematic and undependable. Is Tesla nervous about that? Or is it just preparing for direct distribution of adapters and hardware upgrade kits in North America? As usual, we just have to wait to find out.

And, as is often the case, the product vacuum is being filled by clever Asian manufacturers of aftermarket CCS1 adapters.
Thank You :cool: