Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why can't you change it once you know the adapter was shipped with a tracking number. Seems there is no reason for your buyer to get into your Tesla account once they ship to you.

A certain level of caution is always smart. But I think people are over-thinking this a little.

When you supply a credit card number to any retailer, at some point you have to trust that they will not steal your money.

In this case, you don't directly provide access to a source of money (or at least I didn't by using PayPal), but just access to the Tesla system.

My understanding was that Harumio didn't want the password changed until they received the adapter from Tesla. (If a purchase had been cancelled as happened early on with North Americans trying to buy directly from Tesla-Korea, I suspect Harumio would have tried again using various tactics, no doubt, to achieve a successful purchase on behalf of the customer.) After the adapter was received by Harumio, it was OK to change passwords, correct? (Maybe I have that wrong?)

Regardless, it is relatively easy to check your Tesla-Korea account (using Google for translation purposes) to make sure no other products were purchased. If additional purchases were made, they wouldn't have used your money anyway. But I have heard of no such occurrence. Nonetheless people should do that (check), and change their password to prevent it anyway. (Didn't Harumio itself advise that?) And I recommend the use of PayPal (or other secure payment procedure).

In conclusion, so far Harumio has given every indication of being trustworthy. I have heard no complaints. Until or unless that changes, I think we should stop being paranoid and take advantage of this beneficial service--albeit one that probably costs more than the eventual direct retail sales of the adapter will in North America--whenever that occurs. We are paying a service company for early access to something we wouldn't normally have. People who remain concerned should probably avoid making the purchase and simply wait for the inevitable release of the adapter in North America.

A certain level of caution is always smart. But I think people are over-thinking this a little.

When you supply a credit card number to any retailer, at some point you have to trust that they will not steal your money.

In this case, you don't directly provide access to a source of money (or at least I didn't by using PayPal), but just access to the Tesla system.

My understanding was that Harumio didn't want the password changed until they received the adapter from Tesla. (If a purchase had been cancelled as happened early on with North Americans trying to buy directly from Tesla-Korea, I suspect Harumio would have tried again using various tactics, no doubt, to achieve a successful purchase on behalf of the customer.) After the adapter was received by Harumio, it was OK to change passwords, correct? (Maybe I have that wrong?)

Regardless, it is relatively easy to check your Tesla-Korea account (using Google for translation purposes) to make sure no other products were purchased. If additional purchases were made, they wouldn't have used your money anyway. But I have heard of no such occurrence. Nonetheless people should do that (check), and change their password to prevent it anyway. (Didn't Harumio itself advise that?) And I recommend the use of PayPal (or other secure payment procedure).

In conclusion, so far Harumio has given every indication of being trustworthy. I have heard no complaints. Until or unless that changes, I think we should stop being paranoid and take advantage of this beneficial service--albeit one that probably costs more than the eventual direct retail sales of the adapter will in North America--whenever that occurs. We are paying a service company for early access to something we wouldn't normally have. People who remain concerned should probably avoid making the purchase and simply wait for the inevitable release of the adapter in North America.
Thanks! Actually I didn't even think it that far. :)
When at anytime you need to offer up PW to an account temporarily it is always prudent to change it ASAP. If I had doubts I wouldn't have ordered as I'm not desperate to complete the transaction but my Paypal has been billed.

Anyway, this morning early I received two emails from them asking me to give them my name so they can complete fulfillment. I thought this rather odd since in the email they included a copy of my complete order details, name, shipping, and billing address. Anyway I answered with their request as a reply with copy of the order again.

On Tesla Korea account shows the order "complete" and no further updates.

I've never used this type of service before so I am relying on other's experience here to understand what to expect. Thanks for all your detailed posts. I'm sure others appreciate it too.

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
Why can't you change it once you know the adapter was shipped with a tracking number. Seems there is no reason for your buyer to get into your Tesla account once they ship to you.
You can change it once DHL has it coming your way. Harumio just needs to have it to track it to their location before getting it in the hands of the service delivering it to the US/Canada.

You can change it once DHL has it coming your way. Harumio just needs to have it to track it to their location before getting it in the hands of the service delivering it to the US/Canada.
That's what I figured and what I planned on doing.

Currently, I got an email saying my order status has been updated. I logged in and saw it said Fulfillment status "Partial" Not sure what that means. But no tracking number. Tesla Korea showed order "complete" on May 2.

Reactions: mmanner

I'm in the process of going through this right now. It's clear to me they want to have access account until they actually receive the product because that is only way they can check that status with Tesla. The email associated with account receives notifications, but that is not Harumio. The only way they can monitor the order is to poll the account.

I should add that it is super easy to create a new Tesla account and make it an additional driver and that account can order. Others have shared this before and were successful. It appears that I'm on the path to success as well. I was tempted to ask them to create a Tesla account and invite them as additional driver to my car as alternate path. I decided I didn't want to complicate things further.

My adapter is scheduled to be delivered via FedEx today! So 28 April order confirmation from Tesla Korea to delivery by 9 May by end of day. So 12 days from order to doorstep. Not bad.
When did you get any response from Harumio they received the adapter and were shipping it? Been 8 days since Tesla shipped it but no word that Harumio received it. I reached out to them and all they did was update my order page to "partial fulfillment status" last Thursday.