Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to hear it can get up to 120kW, which is pretty darn good (I was worried it might be limited to 50kW) — although 250kW would be nicer.
I'm not sure any of the 350kW CCS chargers would get up to 250kW for Teslas. Superchargers can reach 600A but I think EA chargers are limited to 500A. Might see higher than 126kW but I won't know till I test a couple of them with a really low SOC and a full heated battery.

I'm not sure any of the 350kW CCS chargers would get up to 250kW for Teslas. Superchargers can reach 600A but I think EA chargers are limited to 500A. Might see higher than 126kW but I won't know till I test a couple of them with a really low SOC and a full heated battery.
The difference is marginal anyway. Even if you do pull off the theoretical maximum of 200kw, it drops down to a lower level soon enough, and in the end you save only a few minutes on the charge, unless you are doing the trick of shorter hops and only charging to 50-60% on each hop.

Since I pretty much always time charging to combine with eating or shopping, I find the 250kw chargers to actually usually be too fast if anything. I dislike having to leave my meal to go move the car. Until they implement the car being able to move in and out of the stall on its own, I wish they had charging stalls with two cords and two spaces, so the next guy waiting just starts charging when I am done. If there is no next guy waiting, no reason to hit me with an idle fee, let me finish my dinner.

Most EA units have two cords, but stupidly, they don't use it for this. (One EA unit has CdM and CCS on the two cords.) Apparently the only thing the two cords do is provide a backup, and a way to make sure it's easy to get to your plug on your car.

Has anyone here ordered more than one adapter from @harumio, either up to N where N is the number of VINs on their account or X, where X is some number larger than N?
I am trying to get 2 adapters. Only have one VIN in my account, 2021 M3LR. Harumio placed two orders for me back to back last night as Tesla won't let you buy more than 1 at a time. Tesla confirmed both of them in my order history and via email but that does not mean they will actually ship them as they still could cancel one (or both) of the orders. I say it's a 50/50 shot IMO. Stay tuned.

• Informative
Reactions: e of pi
Oh you are correct. Same seller has more than one. I looked at sold listings and one even sold for $1,900 a week ago. Crazy.
If you think about it, how many Tesla owners in the world are on these forums? Probably not many in total. And even if they are on here, how many frequent this South Korea forum to even see this thread to know how to buy a CCS adapter from South Korea? An even smaller percentage. And even if they saw this thread, how many are willing to give their login credentials to Harumio? A smaller percentage still. So if you really wanted a CCS adapter and you saw one on eBay, you might try to buy it. Lots of Tesla owners are well off and could afford such a purchase too. But if we start to see more and more on eBay bc more and more people are getting them imported, the eBay prices will go down. I see 2 currently active for sale. Interested to see how much they sell for. Just my thoughts!

Hello!

I’m looking to import a CCS1 adapter from South Korea to North America! I used a package forwarding service but Tesla canceled my order.

I’m hoping someone on here can help me out. I’ll of course cover everything and also pay you for your time.

Please let me know! Thank you!

Did you ever get your adapter?

It is interesting (and I hope OK) that posts in this Thread within the Asia-Korea area are all or almost all from North American members. (I hope that actual Koreans find this amusing, and not, you know, imperialistic or something. :) )

Last edited:
Has anyone here ordered more than one adapter from @harumio, either up to N where N is the number of VINs on their account or X, where X is some number larger than N?
There's no limit to number of adapters as far as we can see. We have possible retailers ordering bulk with us, and there seem to be no issues, even with just one account.
One thing you can do to minimize blast radius is to make a second Tesla account and add it as driver to your car. I did this with Harumio and had no problem. They would still be able to control your car and see it’s location, but they can’t transfer ownership or see past orders, billing info, etc.

I changed the password after getting the order complete email from Tesla KR (Harumio approved this), and will remove the 2nd account as a driver once I hear from Harumio that it’s been received and forwarded.
Thanks for the suggestion!
They asked that we not change the password back until we get a tracking number from DHL.
It's because we can't track the status of the order, whether it has been shipped or not to us without the account

Reactions: Jeremy3292