Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm gonna sell mine on eee! bey for, like, a million dollars.
dr-evil-austin-powers.gif

Initiated your procedure today and haven't received first response. Then I realized S. Korea is 13 hours ahead of EDT. meaning it's Saturday. I guess they don't work on Saturday or maybe need to wait until tomorrow for the first email to proceed. Anyway, Thanks for your excellent procedure. It was a help.
Update- I saw there was a place to open an account, so I did that and then added the Tesla CCS1 item and immediately got an email advising they received my request and to wait for another email with price quote.

Reactions: bman325i and kayak1
Update- I saw there was a place to open an account, so I did that and then added the Tesla CCS1 item and immediately got an email advising they received my request and to wait for another email with price quote.
Update-
Order complete with Harumio process. Thanks to all who posted their experiences and step by step process. This company service appeared to be the safest and their email response was pretty good so far. Only delays I saw in response was the +13 hour time difference and their normal work day. With that it did take from Saturday AM to Monday AM to complete the order. Now we wait for the next steps in the process. Again thank you for all who posted their experience and pioneering the process.

Originally, I wasn't planning to order this because so much of my travel plans were satisfied by Tesla SC but one route I had (A Better Route Planner) kept using EVgo and EA to make it possible so it seemed a big time saving as opposed to L1 and L2 charging. Sure wish Tesla would open up the CCS1 adapters direct but I feel they may not do this until they also open Tesla SC to non-Tesla cars as well. Begs the question, does Tesla even have a Tesla female to CCS1 adapter yet?

Reactions: jpaychek and kayak1
Update-
Order complete with Harumio process. Thanks to all who posted their experiences and step by step process. This company service appeared to be the safest and their email response was pretty good so far. Only delays I saw in response was the +13 hour time difference and their normal work day. With that it did take from Saturday AM to Monday AM to complete the order. Now we wait for the next steps in the process. Again thank you for all who posted their experience and pioneering the process.

Originally, I wasn't planning to order this because so much of my travel plans were satisfied by Tesla SC but one route I had (A Better Route Planner) kept using EVgo and EA to make it possible so it seemed a big time saving as opposed to L1 and L2 charging. Sure wish Tesla would open up the CCS1 adapters direct but I feel they may not do this until they also open Tesla SC to non-Tesla cars as well. Begs the question, does Tesla even have a Tesla female to CCS1 adapter yet?

It might just be an issue of supply and support.

You know that if they put it on their store, it'd be sold out very quickly.
You know that if they sold it in the USA and it didn't work at particular chargers, they'd get calls.

This way people who really want it, get it, but Tesla has no support or supply burden.

I do recognize that EA and ChargePoint has many problems in some areas. I do lots of research on this so all I hope to do is be personally prepared. Two years ago I would not have considered doing a road trip depending on EA or others but they all seem to be improving slowly. I keep my frunk half full of cords and adapters to be prepared for all charging opportunities on road trips. At home each Tesla has it's own L2 plug and one is a J1772 for any relatives or friends in need.

Also I have free SC for life on my account so I don't really have an incentive to use EA or others that charge so much per KWH, still much cheaper than gas.

This looks like a much safer way...

Way too complicated and time consuming. Got my adapter from Harumio in 6 calendar days...

Any way that is safe and works for you. I am just glad that (a) the adapter fits and works in CCS-enabled cars and (b) people are getting it quickly and for a reasonable price. I do not feel good about the exorbitant prices on the "amScray" auction site, but that is the way it goes. (I don't understand why people are willing to pay so much for an item that is readily available elsewhere for much less? )

Now, if we could just get CCS-function safely and quickly to more cars...

This is great! With the range of mobile connector AC-power adapter-plugs, and the AC J1772, DC CHAdeMO, and now DC CCS1 adapters in addition to DC Superchargers (obviously), capable Tesla cars will now have access to pretty much all charging opportunities in North America. Exciting.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
<Previous update.>

Here is a new update (latest in red):
  • Submitted the "get a quote" form (to Harumio). (4/19/22)
    • Harumio confirmation response received.
  • Harumio "quote" received. (4/20/22)
    • Harumio question: Invoice desired?
  • Sent email request for invoice. (4/21/2022)
  • Harumio "Complete your purchase" message received. (4/22/22)
    • Payment sent via PayPal.
    • Confirmation email from Harumio.
    • Order Number and total provided.
    • My Tesla account ID and password sent.
    • Harumio confirmation response received.
  • Tesla-South Koreaconfirmation messages (2) received. (4/24/22)
    • Invoice (in Korean) attached.
    • Evidence of my order now under my Tesla account on the Tesla South Korea Orders webpage.
  • Confirmation from Harumio of item received and being shipped to USA. (4/28/22)
    • (Valid) DHL tracking number provided.
  • Package processing and customs at DHL. (4/29/22
  • Item departs from Seoul, Korea. (5/1/22)
  • Item arrives in Los Angeles. (5/2/22)
    • Shipment "on hold" due to customs and other processing?
    • Still on time for expected delivery 5/4/22.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpaychek and kayak1
Any way that is safe and works for you. I am just glad that (a) the adapter fits and works in CCS-enabled cars and (b) people are getting it quickly and for a reasonable price. I do not feel good about the exorbitant prices on the "amScray" auction site, but that is the way it goes. (I don't understand why people are willing to pay so much for an item that is readily available elsewhere for much less? )

Now, if we could just get CCS-function safely and quickly to more cars...

This is great! With the range of mobile connector AC-power adapter-plugs, and the AC J1772, DC CHAdeMO, and now DC CCS1 adapters in addition to DC Superchargers (obviously), capable Tesla cars will now have access to pretty much all charging opportunities in North America. Exciting.
Good to know!

• Tesla-South Koreaconfirmation messages (2) received. (4/24/22)
    • Invoice (in Korean) attached.
    • Evidence of my order now under my Tesla account on the Tesla South Korea Orders webpage.
  • Confirmation from Harumio of item received and being shipped to USA. (4/28/22)
    • (Valid) DHL tracking number provided.
I'm at:
Now with Order shipped from Tesla on 5/1/2022. Was a little tricky figuring out how to log into my account in Korean / Tesla but I finally figured it out. :)

So now I wait for delivery to Harumio. Looks like yours took 4 days.

...So now I wait for delivery to Harumio. Looks like yours took 4 days.

Yes. That (the period between Harumio purchasing the adapter from Tesla and when Harumio receives the adapter from Tesla) is a "dead air" period when you don't hear anything from Harumio or Tesla. And that shipping cannot be tracked. You will eventually receive confirmation from Harumio that they have the adapter and it is being transferred to the overseas shipper (e.g., DHL).

I am a little curious why some US customers receive their adapter is such a short amount of time (a week or less), while other take approximately twice as long. Perhaps the answer lies in a combination of timing-related circumstances--the time and date differences between Korea and the US and when the customer actually pays for the adapter. Someone suggested making the purchase on the (US) weekend so the process can start quickly on Monday (Korea time).

Two weeks is still acceptable (to me), when you think of the alternatives (eBay prices), and the handling/shipping factors involved--i.e., Harumio-to-Tesla-to-Harumio-to-DHL.

I am a little curious why some US customers receive their adapter is such a short amount of time (a week or less), while other take approximately twice as long. Perhaps the answer lies in a combination of timing-related circumstances--the time and date differences between Korea and the US and when the customer actually pays for the adapter.
I think this is precisely the answer. Not sure how detailed oriented every single person who posts information here is.

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352