Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weeks is still acceptable (to me), when you think of the alternatives (eBay prices), and the handling/shipping factors involved--i.e., Harumio-to-Tesla-to-Harumio-to-DHL.
I've ordered stuff from China and 5 weeks is fast. This time I started the process correctly on Friday but due to time difference I only got a response Saturday night my time. Monday the invoice was paid by Paypal and Tuesday I saw "Order complete" on the Tesla Korean account page. This is only Wednesday so I don't expect to hear anything until Friday that they ship to me. Then I wonder how long Customs will take to release. Harumio was not dragging their feet on their part and neither was Tesla. Actually, Tesla SK seems faster that Tesla US for shipping.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and tps5352
I've ordered stuff from China and 5 weeks is fast. This time I started the process correctly on Friday but due to time difference I only got a response Saturday night my time. Monday the invoice was paid by Paypal and Tuesday I saw "Order complete" on the Tesla Korean account page. This is only Wednesday so I don't expect to hear anything until Friday that they ship to me. Then I wonder how long Customs will take to release. Harumio was not dragging their feet on their part and neither was Tesla. Actually, Tesla SK seems faster that Tesla US for shipping.
South Korea is the size of a small state. Everything can be shipped within SK via ground with 1 day delivery time. Harumio then used DHL Express to ship to North America; shipped on Friday and arrived at my door Monday before noon. The fastest possible service. Amazing

Reactions: kayak1
Here is a new update (latest in red)...

Final update:
  • Submitted the "get a quote" form (to Harumio). (4/19/22)
    • Harumio confirmation response received.
  • Harumio "quote" received. (4/20/22)
    • Harumio question: Invoice desired?
  • Sent email request for invoice. (4/21/2022)
  • Harumio "Complete your purchase" message received. (4/22/22)
    • Payment sent via PayPal.
    • Confirmation email from Harumio.
    • Order Number and total provided.
    • My Tesla account ID and password sent.
  • Tesla-South Korea confirmation messages (2) received. (4/24/22)
    • Invoice (in Korean) attached.
    • Evidence of my order now under my Tesla account on the Tesla South Korea Orders webpage.
  • Confirmation from Harumio of item received and being shipped to USA. (4/28/22)
    • (Valid) DHL tracking number provided.
  • Package processing and customs at DHL. (4/29/22
  • Item departs from Seoul, Korea. (5/1/22)
  • Item arrives in Los Angeles. (5/2/22)
    • Shipment "on hold" (probably for customs and processing).
  • Package arrives in San Francisco. (5/3/22)
  • Package arrives in Sacramento. (5/3/22)
    • Shipment "on hold."
  • Package out for delivery at about 1:20 PM. (5/4/22)
    • Package delivered as per schedule at about 5:37 PM.
As others have reported, the process went smoothly and achieved the originally-promised delivery date. There were points in the overall shipment (package "on hold" at various DHL facilities) where things could conceivably have been quicker. But basically it was a 12-day experience, from purchase to delivery. Pretty good, and others have reported significantly faster deliveries. As you might expect, DHL provided various tracking and delivery options on their websites, including the ability to track the package by live map once it got close to my home. This was appreciated, because needing to be temporaily out with the car I elected to approve delivery without signature. (As it was I was able to reach my doorstep 1 minute after the DHL left the delivery off there and passed hin at the nearby intersection.) However, for areas infested by porch-pirates you may want to insist on face-to-face delivery, perhaps with a trusted neighbor, or otherwise arrange for in-person pick up at a later date.

Porch Pirate

Did you ever get tracking number from Tesla-South Korea? Thx

Final update:
  • Submitted the "get a quote" form (to Harumio). (4/19/22)
  • Harumio "quote" received. (4/20/22)
    • Harumio question: Invoice desired?
  • Sent email request for invoice. (4/21/2022)
  • Harumio "Complete your purchase" message received. (4/22/22)
    • Payment sent via PayPal.
    • Confirmation email from Harumio.
    • Order Number and total provided.
    • My Tesla account ID and password sent.
  • Tesla-South Korea confirmation messages (2) received. (4/24/22)
    • Invoice (in Korean) attached.
    • Evidence of my order now under my Tesla account on the Tesla South Korea Orders webpage.
  • Confirmation from Harumio of item received and being shipped to USA. (4/28/22)
    • (Valid) DHL tracking number provided.
  • Package processing and customs at DHL. (4/29/22
  • Item departs from Seoul, Korea. (5/1/22)
  • Item arrives in Los Angeles. (5/2/22)
    • Shipment "on hold" (probably for customs and processing).
  • Package arrives in San Francisco. (5/3/22)
  • Package arrives in Sacramento. (5/3/22)
    • Shipment "on hold."
  • Package out for delivery at about 1:20 PM. (5/4/22)
    • Package delivered as per schedule at about 5:37 PM.
As others have reported, the process went smoothly and achieved the originally-promised delivery date. There were points in the overall shipment (package "on hold" at various DHL facilities) where things could conceivably have been quicker. But basically it was a 12-day experience, from purchase to delivery. Pretty good, and others have reported significantly faster deliveries. As you might expect, DHL provided various tracking and delivery options on their websites, including the ability to track the package by live map once it got close to my home. This was appreciated, because needing to be temporaily out with the car I elected to approve delivery without signature. (As it was I was able to reach my doorstep 1 minute after the DHL left the delivery off there and passed hin at the nearby intersection.) However, for areas infested by porch-pirates you may want to insist on face-to-face delivery, perhaps with a trusted neighbor, or otherwise arrange for in-person pick up at a later date.

Update… it works!

Another post for the CCS1 Tesla Adapter from South Korea here in Carson Ca. Some of these CCS1 chargers do t work. Tried 2 Electrify America (EA) chargers and had my my luck on the third one with Chademo max output 150kw. I’m at 83% prior to initiating the charge and charge rate at ~40kWh but yesterday at the Burbank location using the 350kW chargers, at ~52% battery, I was able to pull ~150kWh at another EA charger.

This is at Burbank Ca at Burbank Empire by Walmart. 350kW max output

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod
Update… it works!

Another post for the CCS1 Tesla Adapter from South Korea here in Carson Ca. Some of these CCS1 chargers do t work. Tried 2 Electrify America (EA) chargers and had my my luck on the third one with Chademo max output 150kw. I’m at 83% prior to initiating the charge and charge rate at ~40kWh but yesterday at the Burbank location using the 350kW chargers, at ~52% battery, I was able to pull ~150kWh at another EA charger.

This is at Burbank Ca at Burbank Empire by Walmart. 350kW max output
Here a video at EA charger in Carson Ca

Update… it works!

I highly, highly doubt that considering that Tesla has not made a single vehicle with a 150 kWh battery yet. Even if you charged from 0% all the way to 100%, you wouldn't have pulled that much energy from the charger.

• Funny
Reactions: kayak1
Just got back from testing my Tesla CCS1 adapter. I went to a 350 kW EA charger, arriving at 19% State of Charge and a pre-conditioned battery. Outside temp was 65F.

Here are my results:

SOC% kW mi/hr
19 175 732
30 177 742
33 181 757
40 151 631
47 134 556
50 125 552
55 112
60 103 422
69 86 358

I stopped at 70% because I wanted to test my SETEC CCS adapter. The SETEC also worked fine, drawing 50kW.

MY Screen 175 kW.jpg

Attachments

• EA Charger Screen.jpg
    EA Charger Screen.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 51
  • SETEC Verification.jpg
    SETEC Verification.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 54