Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update- 10PM EDT

I received DHL tracking number that my CCS1 adapter has shipped. DHL confirms receipt of the package.

Harumio order site now has changed from "partial" to "Fulfilled"

Did you order just one adapter and nothing else? If you ordered something else (e.g., a second adapter, an adapter case, or one of those intriguing graphic romance books) then perhaps your order was delayed?

*****​

And that brings up another issue. How is it that a Korean website thay appears to specialize in young peoples' items--books, movies, clothes, collectibles, et cetera--has found itself being such an important supplier of otherwise unavailable Tesla charging accessories for (aging) North Americans? Don't know, but really glad that they did.

Last edited:
Did you order just one adapter and nothing else? If you ordered something else (e.g., a second adapter, an adapter case, or one of those intriguing graphic romance books) then perhaps your order was delayed?
I ordered just one item, the Tesla CCS1 adapter. I think the word "partial" meant that they had received the adapter from Tesla but hadn't shipped it yet due to this past weekend time delay. Or they were just late in updating the web page for my order. ?? The have been quick to answer email questions. Anyway, now I wait for DHL which I have no experience. Overseas with FedEx can take awhile as they transfer around the country for Florida deliveries from Asia.

I ordered just one item, the Tesla CCS1 adapter. I think the word "partial" meant that they had received the adapter from Tesla but hadn't shipped it yet due to this past weekend time delay. Or they were just late in updating the web page for my order. ?? The have been quick to answer email questions. Anyway, now I wait for DHL which I have no experience. Overseas with FedEx can take awhile as they transfer around the country for Florida deliveries from Asia.

DHL experience was OK for me. Their website is full-featured (tracking, etc.). I took a chance and turned off the signature-required feature. Don't recommend that unless you know you are in a pretty secure area (no porch pirates). DHL met the predicted delivery time, which was good. There were some delays (LA, Sacramento) where the package just sat (I assume). Probably due to customs and just standard package management/handling scheduling stuff. I liked the mapping feature so you could see where the actual van was on the day of delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: TravelFree
Tesla CCS1 adapter on salvage Tesla that's CCS1 enabled. Need to test further. Current test not good. Started at 73% SOC and went to 80%. No preconditioning as that feature has been stolen by Tesla. Delivered power started at around 38kw and got up to 44kw before I quit. Used power into batter started at 30ish and went to 35. I think a lot was going to battery heating. Will run down to 20% and retest. Used an EA 150kw charge station. If Tesla has reached in again and not only removed SC but limited DC fast charging, 3rd party, to only 50kw then.... more to come. Pending confirmation. More testing in future.

Tesla CCS1 adapter on salvage Tesla that's CCS1 enabled. Need to test further. Current test not good. Started at 73% SOC and went to 80%. No preconditioning as that feature has been stolen by Tesla. Delivered power started at around 38kw and got up to 44kw before I quit. Used power into batter started at 30ish and went to 35. I think a lot was going to battery heating. Will run down to 20% and retest. Used an EA 150kw charge station. If Tesla has reached in again and not only removed SC but limited DC fast charging, 3rd party, to only 50kw then.... more to come. Pending confirmation. More testing in future.
you could get the ingenext bonus model. There is battery pack heating. It brings the battery up to 30C. You also get alot of extra features. My favorite is the auto door. My door unlocks and pops open when I walk up to my car.

The CCS adapter arrived a day early. I got a notice from DHL and from Harumio that it was arriving a day early.
Total time from placing the order until delivery was 13 days.

I planned to test it so I ran the Tesla battery down to below 20% SOC yesterday.
Drove 5 miles to the nearest EA center and made the connection. Took 3 minutes to connect. I authorized with my iphone EA app which I previously set up with my CC for payment. I got 146KW right away with no battery preconditioning. It ramped down to 100KW at 35% SOC. I was on the 350KW cabinet. Here the EA charges $.43 per KW including tax. Compare to Tesla SC which is $.29/KW But I have free for life Supercharging.

Seemed a little awkward navigating the screen. It was not a touch screen but you use the buttons, with a little delay.

Here's a few pics of the the delivery and charging session.
IMG_2593.jpgIMG_2594.jpgIMG_2595.jpgIMG_2597.jpgIMG_2602.jpgIMG_2598.jpg

Ordered my CCS adapter on 5/3/2022. Item was shipped to me on 5/10/2022. The package was originally scheduled for delivery next Monday, 5/16/2022, but received notification this morning that it will arrive today, 5/12/2022.

Awesome! Arrived 2 days early. 4 days early if including the weekend! I can't believe it took less than 48 hours to go from Seoul to me. Only 9 days from ordering to receiving the package. Can't wait to go test it out later at a nearby EA charging station.

Reactions: MikeGracz
Update on my Harumio order:

Order completed Tues, May 10th
Notified order shipped, with tracking # (DHL Express) Thursday, May 12th

These guys are fast!!

Rich

I ordered mine on May 3rd and received it today, May 12th, at a PO Box in Alaska! I would trust Harumio. I changed my password, paid the invoice, sent the login credentials via Harumio's chat service, got an email from Tesla Korea Shop that my order had been completed and changed my password back all on May 3rd.
However, the adapter didn't fully work at a Freewire station on the EVConnect network. I have a refresh Model S 2021 with CCS adapter support enabled. I received 7.17 kWh of charge over 4 minutes, which is good, but that required three separate sessions, none of which persisted longer than 2 minutes. I gave up after that. The next closest DCFC station is five hours away...I'll keep trying...

Ordered my CCS adapter on 5/3/2022. Item was shipped to me on 5/10/2022. The package was originally scheduled for delivery next Monday, 5/16/2022, but received notification this morning that it will arrive today, 5/12/2022.

Awesome! Arrived 2 days early. 4 days early if including the weekend! I can't believe it took less than 48 hours to go from Seoul to me. Only 9 days from ordering to receiving the package. Can't wait to go test it out later at a nearby EA charging station.

Did a quick test at a nearby EA charging station (only 150kW), the adapter works just fine. My car was at about 65-70% SoC, and got about 50kW speed, probably due to the high SoC. Will try again at a 350kW charging station next time after I drive the car a bit more.

Moderator note: Moved about 15 off-topic posts related to Supercharging salvage cars to a new thread:

Bruce.

Today I received my adapter from Harumio and just wanted to say how great they are to work with. They were super fast and efficient.

5-8 Sent an inquiry
5-9 Received an invoice and paid it same day.
5-10 Received the order confirmation from Tesla Korea
5-12 Email said that the order had shipped and the email had a DHL tracking number.
5-16 Adapter delivered at my house in Utah.

Tested the adapter at an EVgo station near my house and everything worked as planned.

I plan to test it at an Electrify America station tomorrow.