Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For readers just starting out with this topic, a list of some key threads that address the Tesla CCS1 adapter for North America issue.
These CCS threads are all over the place. Glad someone is keeping up with them.
Ingenext is now offering the adapter. I'm thinking about it. Quick glance on the screen and our MY mentioned CCS enabled.

These CCS threads are all over the place. Glad someone is keeping up with them.
Ingenext is now offering the adapter. I'm thinking about it. Quick glance on the screen and our MY mentioned CCS enabled.
Cheaper direct from Harumio - $309, shipping included.

Many posts from this thread say that you need to give the shipper in S Korea your Tesla login credentials and VIN number to order the CCS1 adapter. The link you provided to order direct from Harumio does not ask for this information when you order. Do you have experience successfully receiving the Tesla OEM CCS1 adapter using this ordering process?

Many posts from this thread say that you need to give the shipper in S Korea your Tesla login credentials and VIN number to order the CCS1 adapter. The link you provided to order direct from Harumio does not ask for this information when you order. Do you have experience successfully receiving the Tesla OEM CCS1 adapter using this ordering process?
You used to have to give your login credentials in the past. But you no longer have to do that. I have purchased an adapter each way.

I ordered my CCS adapter from Harumio and received it in 10 days by DHL tracking to customs to home in California. Just received it 2 days ago in sealed Tesla box. No VIN, no Tesla account. Just be aware they are a forwarding service for things made in Korea and hard to find items so the first thing you might see is animae or BTS stuff. Go to search and look up Tesla or CCS1 and they have the adapter and a case.

Reactions: tm3lrawd
The process changed. Many here have received their adapters from both ways.

Reactions: tm3lrawd and KJD

Good to know. I wasn't sure Shipping was included. Didn't go through the steps to verify shipping amount.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Just got mine delivered, 11 days from ordering on Harumio. It was in a sealed box as you would expect but upon unboxing and inspection I wonder if it’s actually new. Not obvious in the picture but it looks like it’s been inserted into a CCS plug.

43416CEB-847D-43A2-8AC7-945AB2026F88.jpeg

C445EB3D-9A47-485A-BE17-A41A22F8A224.jpeg

As long as it works. Will test it out soon.

I placed an order on June 12 for the ccs and the duo case at Harum.io. Credit card has been charged. Bad timing on exchange rate so it came out to be $440 Cdn. I only received the initial order confirmation email. Nothing else since. I have ordered many KF94 masks from Korea and DHL shipping is usually 2-3 days to Canada. I’m a bit surprised I haven’t received any order updates after 5 days.

I placed an order on June 12 for the ccs and the duo case at Harum.io. Credit card has been charged. Bad timing on exchange rate so it came out to be $440 Cdn. I only received the initial order confirmation email. Nothing else since. I have ordered many KF94 masks from Korea and DHL shipping is usually 2-3 days to Canada. I’m a bit surprised I haven’t received any order updates after 5 days.
Your experience so far is typical. You probably won’t get an update until it ships which may take another week or so.

expect to pay $50-70CAD duties and taxes

Reactions: gyozaman
Your experience so far is typical. You probably won’t get an update until it ships which may take another week or so.
Thanks for letting me know.

expect to pay $50-70CAD duties and taxes
Thanks for the heads up. I am hoping I luck out and not get flagged for duties and taxes. I ordered Korean masks about 10 times in 3 years. Each time it was around $400 to $800 USD. The lower value shipments seemed to get by with no duties and taxes. DHL usually sends a text 1-2 days before shipment arrives and provides a text link on where and how to prepay the duties and taxes so that shipment delivery won’t be delayed.

It‘s going on to my 9th day since ordering so I decided to try the online chat with Harum.io. Waited 2 hours for an agent to start chatting. Apparently the dual case is out of stock and expected to arrive later this week so I won’t get the CCS + case until end of June. I was given the option of removing the case from my order which I took them up on the removal. But after several text exchanges it seemed the agent was indicating my order would be back to square one and it would not be any faster to arrive if I removed the case from the order. So in the end I kept everything as-is but will need to wait 3 weeks from time of placing order.

Just an update for everyone on my purchase.
- Ordered Sunday June 12 from Harum.io
- June 21 - Received email from Harumio that shipment was picked up by DHL
- June 23 - Received email from DHL requesting me to pay $69.74 Cdn ($18.38 Custom Clearance + $51.36 GST) online via weblink.
- June 24 - DHL delivered package
- June 25 - Friend tried CCS1 adapter in Washington State on Electrify America charger and got 125 kW charging speed

Total Cost : $334 USD for CCS1 + Case = $435 Cdn + $70 Custom/GST = $505 Cdn

Eletrify_BellevueWa.jpg
IMG-20220626-WA0002.jpg

Just an update for everyone on my purchase.
- Ordered Sunday June 12 from Harum.io
- June 21 - Received email from Harumio that shipment was picked up by DHL
- June 23 - Received email from DHL requesting me to pay $69.74 Cdn ($18.38 Custom Clearance + $51.36 GST) online via weblink.
- June 24 - DHL delivered package
- June 25 - Friend tried CCS1 adapter in Washington State on Electrify America charger and got 125 kW charging speed

Total Cost : $334 USD for CCS1 + Case = $435 Cdn + $70 Custom/GST = $505 Cdn

View attachment 821540 View attachment 821541
Is this adapter worth purchasing in Canada? I’m in Toronto-ish area and my Tesla is arriving Aug-Sept. first I’ve heard of this. Thx!

Is this adapter worth purchasing in Canada? I’m in Toronto-ish area and my Tesla is arriving Aug-Sept. first I’ve heard of this. Thx!

I live in California, USA, so naturally I'll reply. :)

Some general reasons to purchase the Tesla CCS1 adapter (now):
  • You frequently take trips (away from your home Level 2 charger) and need/want fast (DC) charging.
  • Your trips can be away from the more well-travelled areas and highways (where Superchargers are located).
  • You are a person who needs/wants all the charging adapters (you believe in being prepared).
  • You find that Superchargers are not always conveniently-located or immediately accessible everywhere you go.
  • For whatever reason you favor third-party CCS charging stations (e.g., due to cost, reliability, location, amenities, etc.).
  • You recognize that it's relatively easy and has been proven foolproof to purchase a CCS1 adapter (from South Korea).
  • You worry that once Tesla releases the CCS1 adapter for sale on its North American websites, it could be sold-out for long periods of time.
  • You've found J1772 (AC) and CHAdeMO (DC) charging stations to be too slow for convenient travel.
  • For peace of mind (to counter "range-anxiety").
Some reasons not to purchase the Tesla CCS1 adapter (now):
  • Your car is not CCS-enabled (and you don't want to try to make it so, yet).
  • You do almost all your charging at home and Superchargers (or otherwise at non-CCS sites).
  • You already have the (expensive, but slower) CHAdeMO adapter, and have found it adequate for your away-from-home DC-charging needs.
  • Due to the added import duty/tax (in Canada).
  • You anticipate that the Tesla price will be significantly lower (than the current ~$309[US]) when sold directly in North America.
  • You worry that third-party charging sites can be more undependable than Superchargers.
From what I read, if a person stays close to home, major urban areas, and significant highway arteries, he or she may never really need a CCS1 adapter. Supercharging is probably adequate. However, this adapter is relatively small, well-made, and seemingly full-proof. If a driver can afford the cost, it is probably an attractive accessory to have in the trunk.

Last edited:
Above answer is much more comprehensive.

I got it because I live on Vancouver Island and you can not reach everywhere on the island just with Tesla supercharger. BC government has a nice (but much slower at 50KW) network that allows me to reach more outdoor adventures!

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
I live in California, USA, so naturally I'll reply. :)

Some general reasons to purchase the Tesla CCS1 adapter (now):
  • You frequently take trips (away from your home Level 2 charger) and need/want fast (DC) charging.
  • Your trips can be away from the more well-trvelled areas and highways (where Superchargers are located).
  • You are a person who needs/wants all the charging adapters (you believe in being prepared).
  • You find that Superchargers are not always conveniently-located or immediately accessible everywhere you go.
  • For whatever reason you favor third-party CCS charging stations (e.g., due to cost, reliability, location, amenities, etc.).
  • You recognize that it's relatively easy and proven foolproof to purchase a CCS1 adapter (from South Korea).
  • You worry that once Tesla releases the CCS1 adapter for sale on its North American websites, it could be sold-out for long periods of time.
  • You've found J1772 (AC) and CHAdeMO (DC) charging stations to be too inadequate for your travel needs.
  • For peace of mind (to counter "range-anxiety").
Some reasons not to purchase the Tesla CCS1 adapter (now):
  • Your car is not CCS-enabled.
  • You do almost all your charging at home and Superchargers (or otherwise at non-CCS sites).
  • You already have the (expensive, but slower) CHAdeMO adapter, and have found it adequate for your away-from-home DC-charging needs.
  • Due to the added import duty/tax (in Canada).
  • You anticipate that the Tesla price will be significantly lower (than the current ~$309[US]) when sold directly in North America.
  • You worry that third-party charging sites can be more undependable than Superchargers.
From what I read, if a person stays close to home, major urban areas, and significant highway arteries, he or she may never really need a CCS1 adapter. Supercharging is probably adequate. However, this adapter is relatively small, well-made, and seemingly full-proof. If a driver can afford the cost, it is probably an attractive accessory to have in the trunk.
perfect thank you!

I have ordered from them and it only took 10 days by DHL to California from Korea. They do not ask for any Tesla passwords or VIN info. Just ordered the case now.