Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS2 for M3, adaptor for X and S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had the CCS2 adapter upgrade to my 2014 Model S 85.
I tested it at the ChargeFox DC chargers at East Village but the 350Kw chargers were down on the day I tried it out.
If I get time I’ll try it next week but as already said, I think the limiting factor will be the car and Tesla have turned down the DC quick charging on all 85 KWh battery cars. I haven’t seen anything north of about 50Kw since that happened.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
I have had the CCS2 adapter upgrade to my 2014 Model S 85.
I tested it at the ChargeFox DC chargers at East Village but the 350Kw chargers were down on the day I tried it out.
If I get time I’ll try it next week but as already said, I think the limiting factor will be the car and Tesla have turned down the DC quick charging on all 85 KWh battery cars. I haven’t seen anything north of about 50Kw since that happened.
Mine normally peaks out at about 50 also but, on rare occasions, I've seen mid 70s.
This is one of the main reasons I am considering a new car.

Has this been asked at the quarterly/agm? I would have thought they will have some news by now. There was a recent rumour of a 100kwh missing 2(?) modules that could be a drop in replacement for affected 85’s.
I was pretty annoyed when it first happened, but late last year we went to Noosa on holidays, driving the whole way in our Model S 85. It meant slightly longer wait times but really didn’t delay us in any meaningful way, but neither were we in a hurry either. I’m still on the fence over this change. The recent Taycan incident proves that Charging is not something to take lightly, so in part can understand Tesla’s abundance of caution.

Reactions: GSP and baillies

Attachments

• IMG_0910.PNG
    IMG_0910.PNG
    119.5 KB · Views: 100
I'd expect the car to be the limiting factor as it is with superchargers, so 120kW sounds reasonable. Better than the 50kW Chademo adapter.
I had mine upgraded yesterday for $480 gst included, getting 63kw using it at the Gympie Supercharger, battery starting from 51%, slowed down after that. I supercharged in Brisbane before the upgrade on the Type 2 connector @ 117kw starting from 5%, slowed quickly as the S.O.C. got higher.