Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCW SP16A Forged Monoblock Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a set of forged CCW SP505's on my Corvette and loved the performance and look. They are not necessarily the lightest weight forged wheel, but they are tough. I had them on my Corvette for almost 10 years and never a bend or any damage. I decided to order a set of the SP16A's for my P3D.

If you aren't familiar with CCW, here is how they work, all wheels are made to order. You call them with your application, offset, hub size, bolt pattern etc. There are also a multitude of coating options from bare polished aluminum, to various powdercoating colors, to transparent tint coats. They are machined custom for your order. It takes 8-12 weeks to arrive.

I ordered 19", 35mm offset, in gloss gunmetal. I made special note about the hub lip and there is a machined relief for this on the wheel. They look awesome and fit perfect! The hub is a perfectly tight fit, zero slop at all, as close to a press fit as you can get.

I put 245/40/19 Michelin PS4S tires on them. The overall package is just shy of 5 lbs per corner lighter than the OEM 20" wheels/tires.

The only issue that came up is my wheel and tire installer got some grit in the lube brush or jar and put a big gouge (12"+) in two of the wheels along the outside lip. I've been going to this shop as well as friends of mine for a long time and never had an issue. I drive an hour to them because they are that good. They are extremely detail oriented, do excellent work, and have great equipment. Sometimes mistakes happen, unfortunately this was one of those times. They owned it like professionals and are taking care of it without question. They never once made an excuse, not for a second. What more can you ask for? Two wheels are being replaced, but it takes a while to arrive, so just ignore the scratch on the front wheel. I would not hesitate to bring my car or any wheels and tires to them in the future. How many shops would own their mistake like this? None that I have dealt with in the past that's for sure. If you are in Massachusetts give Paul at Roux garage in Berlin a call. You will be impressed with his technical knowledge, he is not your run of the mill shop owner. They have a hunter road force machine, alignment rack, as well as everything else for all things car related. Good people.

Thanks to @SomeJoe7777 for programming the universal Autel TPMS
Also, I ordered some gunmetal lug nut covers, which match the powercoating nearly perfect.
(20) Premium Tesla Model S 3 X Lug Nut Caps Covers w/Removal Tool -Gray Gunmetal | eBay

CCW SP16A Forged Wheels - CCW Wheels

We finally had a nice sunny day this past weekend to take my car out of hibernation and get a few pictures.
IMG_4034.JPG

IMG_4038.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG

IMG_4035.JPG

Reactions: SomeJoe7777
Those look very meaty and at $4K for 4 that's pretty much the going rate for a domestically produced (Kansas City) bespoke wheel. Probably wise to go with a more stout wheel due to the weight of the Model 3, they should last forever even in the pothole filled roads of the NE.

Those look very meaty and at $4K for 4 that's pretty much the going rate for a domestically produced (Kansas City) bespoke wheel. Probably wise to go with a more stout wheel due to the weight of the Model 3, they should last forever even in the pothole filled roads of the NE.
That pretty much sums it it. I wanted something tough, good looking, and still performance minded. I still shaved off 4-5 lbs per corner too!

Reactions: Xenoilphobe